• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

Ramirez

I may try this before completely giving up on the game. The problem is my swiss cheese defense. I can't consistently get stops and when 4th comes, my opponent will pass and get it 75% of the time. I'm getting gashed with the run and pass. If I play zone, there's holes to pass, man just gets beat with slants and drags. Maybe I'm just past my prime, back in Madden 05 I was ranked in the top 20.

To crack the top 100 I'm sure you were employing some tactics of your own at the time. ;p

StoopKid

This is the worst buyers remorse I've ever had. Its not the game but the players online that are killing the experience. Non stop hurry up offense and going for every 4th down. I don't mind losing but these tactics are ridiculous. Haven't played season mode since Madden 06 so I may give that a try and stay offline till I find a sim league.

Yea I hate playing madden online.

First game I played lost connection half way though the game.

Then the second game some jackass goes for it on 4th and 25 on his own 20.

Has anyone noticed the poor AI clock management? For example, down less than a touchdown, minutes to go in the fourth, but letting the clock rundown to the last second before hiking the ball. I've seen it multiple times now.

Compbros

This is my first foray back into the Madden series after missing pretty much all of last gen and online players really are just kind of killing any fun I can have by going for it on 4th and 8 in the first Quarter and a few disconnects.

This is my first foray back into the Madden series after missing pretty much all of last gen and online players really are just kind of killing any fun I can have by going for it on 4th and 8 in the first Quarter and a few disconnects.

It's part of the game and it's a stupid move... I always think If people want to make then that's there own stupidity... If they don't get it chances are it will screw then over... That's actually what I like about Madden online...

Somnia

For all of you complaining about playing Madden online why not talk to people in the madden league threads about playing. We pretty much play as sim like as possible.

forms

First time playing Madden since toying with it during the 16 bit era. Playbooks are confusing, and rules are strange, but man this is shitloads of fun.

Compbros

It's part of the game and it's a stupid move... I always think If people want to make then that's there own stupidity... If they don't get it chances are it will screw then over... That's actually what I like about Madden online...

It's hard to enjoy the competitive part of the game when I'm starting on the opponents 35 yard line every possession.

Monster Zero

Just got the achievment online *Snickers, you're not you when you're losing* come back 17+ points at half time. I've never been called so many racial slurs in such a quick time frame. This game rewards good play calling. I love playing defense now.

Edit:

onWX5Ov.jpg

I was completely outclassed that game, terrible play making, but Tony Romo gave me all I needed

SeanR1221

Game looks way better but a couple questions

Where is the playbook when playing?

And

I have no interest online. If I just want to take the Eagles through a season to the Super Bowl, how do I do that?

alterno69

Banned
I think that guy is full of it. This is a shot I just took on the PS4.

Also this game looks great.
Yep, the graphics whore in me is very pleased. I just can't get into sports games if the graphics aren't at least great. I have to say i was really impressed playing at Raiders stadium, the shadows on the field and lighting overall are awesome.

mbmonk

Are you shading your defenders to play WRs on the inside/outside depending on what you think the route is? Tried applying pressure on recievers to let pressure mount on QB? Theres a lot more individual and team audible options on defense this year.

Good point. Thanks. I forgot about the secondary adjustments. I tested them and they seem to work really well for the outside receivers, but the slot and TE's it's hit or miss.

Example, If I am running Cover 1 Man, I will tell the secondary to play with outside leverage. The corner backs on the edges will do that, but the slot and TE defenders, it's hit or miss. Some will end up being on the inside. It probably depends on the route the offense is running and the ratings of the DBs.

I was 4th goal with 3 seconds left in a tie game and ask coach wanted me to pass...all three plays were passes. Nah think I'll just kick a fucking field goal and win. Pretty game though.

Smokey

Good point. Thanks. I forgot about the secondary adjustments. I tested them and they seem to work really well for the outside receivers, but the slot and TE's it's hit or miss.

Example, If I am running Cover 1 Man, I will tell the secondary to play with outside leverage. The corner backs on the edges will do that, but the slot and TE defenders, it's hit or miss. Some will end up being on the inside. It probably depends on the route the offense is running and the ratings of the DBs.

Try spotlighting them, or manually playing the LB that is in that zone or assigned to him.

BearPawB

Banned
I am...not good at Madden anymore.
Wow...
I am throwing interceptions left and right...Finally getting a hang of the run game though.

Skenzin

Banned
In terms of where this years release ranks in the series. Id say its very similar to '03. Its a decent push on a fairly new hardware generation. '07 as well.

Dubz

Inside runs are OP as fuck. In my All Pro franchise, my second string rb has 820 yards in 4 games. Frank Gore was injured in the preseason.

Jarate

Banned
I swear to god EA, im still salty, I finally beat a solo challenge in MUT and right before the game ends, I lose connection to the EA servers and im pretty sure now it wont register my victory.

Afrikan

edit- ignore my post, I ended up getting the win

bitches are still allowed to quit and rob you of a win???? STILL????

FUUUUUUUU.gif

What's the point of the rankings... I swear EA does this on purpose so the usual cheating fucks buy this every year, probably their most loyal base.....don't want to upset the little bitches.

anddo0

Damn it, I've drank the Kool-Aid :(

But before I go in, digital or retail?
I'm curious about the trade-in value down the line. Say between May-July.

How much did you guys get for Madden 25?

NBA2k14 is the only retail game I've purchased since PS4 launch. I'm glad I did, because it felt like a launch sports title, and I dumped it soon after launch for $48.

So how does everyone play MUT? Haven't bought Madden in like 4-5 years, so I've never played MUT.

I started MUT and played a few offline challenges, but it seems like they are locked on easy difficulty? They were so embarassingly easy that it wasn't fun. Is there no way to alter difficulty in MUT?

Do most people just play MUT in online VS?

forms

How can I be so incredibly bad at this game? My MUT games are a tragedy. :D

Edit: I don't have a single player that can catch a ball. What the hell.

Bacon

I tried connected franchise but then I was only playing as one player and had to skip parts of the game until it was that players turn

Connected Franchise gives you the option to play as one player, the coach, or the owner at the beginning of it. Just pick either coach or owner and you can control the whole team.

DWinn7

I believe people will get better with time and maybe some slight tweaks. IMO, breaking down to tackle is alot harder this year. I'm so used to players stopping on a dime in the older maddens. Not this year, momentum will carry you right past the runner. lol

Anybody know if there's any way to turn off the Xbox One automatically recording clips of every touchdown?

I really hate that feature... I hated it last year and I especially hate it this year. It's not like games like PowerStar Golf or Guacamelee where it records a clip when you do something awesome, this is every touchdown scored by you or the CPU AI and it's really annoying... Plus the "clip recorded" statement usually comes in on the XP or during the kickoff, which is super annoying.

A cool feature very poorly implemented.

I tried connected franchise but then I was only playing as one player and had to skip parts of the game until it was that players turn

Quit and restart your CCM... It gives you an option to start it as a coach or owner. With both of those, you get to control your team and play through multiple seasons like usual. The owner setting lets you control the team with stadium upgrades, concessions, ticket prices, or ultimately deciding to move the franchise. The coach is similar, but minus those ticket/price options, and adds mroe refined player management system. Both have full off season control (eg, drafting, signing, trades, etc).

You can switch what you want to do at the end of any season in CCM... so if you start as a coach, you can switch over to be a player 10 years into your CCM, or then switch back to be an owner after that player gets traded or something. It's cool. But your best bet is to just restart as a coach/owner for now.

Delt31

bitches are still allowed to quit and rob you of a win???? STILL????

FUUUUUUUU.gif

What's the point of the rankings... I swear EA does this on purpose so the usual cheating fucks buy this every year, probably their most loyal base.....don't want to upset the little bitches.

wait - if someone quits on you during ranked match, you don't get the win?

Top Bottom