• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld Now Half Price In UK

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
kamorra said:
So you had fun with the game? That's great, you wont hear me giving you names because of that. I wont call you petty. Yes, with buying the game you maybe show the developers that it is ok to produce a inferior PAL version which could have been easily fixed. And if enough people do that their next game maybe will be exactly like this one. Still, I will accept that because it's you decision. Look I know that you are a reasonable guy, I just think that I or anyone how thinks like me should also be allowed to express his point of view without calling names or hysterical "you have to support the developers!1!" discussions.
I'm not sure how my posts read, but as I was typing them I wasn't out to offend or "name call", I was simply laying down this situation as I see it. If you took offense to being called petty, then I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it's just how I see.

In the end all I'm trying to do is convince people to put the 50hz thing to the side and enjoy the game. Supporting the dev is a neat thing too, but that's not the reason I'm spending the time typing out these posts. This game could, hypothetically, be from a dev rolling in money like Capcom or EA, and I'd still be here trying to get people to look past what I see as, in the grand scheme of things, insignificant flaws. I don't have an agenda other than wanting more people to have the same fantastic experience that I had when I played Madworld. Not properly converting the game to 60hz is idiotic, and if you look at some of my posts prior to playing you'll see that I was pretty much down on the game as a result of hearing of the technical limitations. After playing it, however, my opinion changed.

Peace.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haeleos said:
Will purchase the inevitable port to 360.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Enjoy pressing the A button a lot.

D.Lo

VideoMan said:
The rest of my post was to address the incredible amount of FUD going around about the PAL release of this game such as slower gameplay speed, slowed down audio and cropping all of which is not true. Yes, PAL users should be informed about the shortcomings of that version but there are people on this forum and other websites spreading out and out lies about this game.
Well put.

It's a damn shame they didn't put a simple 60Hz mode in. But this is no Sonic the Hedgehog/Tekken 3 level poor pal conversion here. It runs at full speed, has full speed audio, is perfectly synced, and has no framerate issues.

I've played the PAL and NTSC versions, and apart from the actual output resolution and frequency (unnoticeable), the only real difference is mild letterboxing in 16:9 and bad letterboxing in 4:3, the latter of which can be manually fixed by temporarily setting your Wii to 16:9 to stretch the image back to almost exactly how it is in NTSC.

kamorra said:
So you had fun with the game? That's great, you wont hear me giving you names because of that. I wont call you petty.

How 'bout calling him backwards? Or ignorant? No, it can't be "ignorant" 'cos he knows about the problems of 50hz already...

OK, let's just call him backwards!

If you take offence to being called backwards, then I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it's just how I see.

Peace.

:p

Top Bottom