• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic Duels |OT| Magic The Hearthstonening [Update Support Ending]

Ryuukan

the unrelenting dedication of digital mtg players always blows me away

wotc shits all over them repeatedly and they still come back for more

ultron87

I have one Amonkhet pack left to buy. I guess that'll be my last one ever. Womp womp.

Along with obviously the overall digital successor coming, I guess they were getting into some weird places with the meta in this game where the rarity restrictions didn't matter as much because you could just play 3 or 4 of similar cards from all the different sets that were legal. There were just enough Planeswalkers that a Superfriends deck totally worked even though you could only have one of each.

Next one better be a perfect MTGO experience, cards earned on an account carry forward to multiple platforms, because this is...frustrating. The 2,000 coins you can get by linking your account is a bit of a slap in the face too. Really feel like they should have announced this in conjunction with an option to unlock missing cards. 13 boosters is nothing compared to knowing you've sunk so much time into a platform that is closing so quickly after launching.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yeef

Guess this explains why I can't find it on the Google Play store anymore?

Weirdly, only Magic: Duels 2015 is available. Not 2014, not 2013, not 2012, or even 2009/2011. Just 2015.
Duels was never available on Android. Only iOS, Steam and XBox.

BlackJace

395 hours logged, ~ $20 in coins bought, so I don't feel like I've totally wasted my time with Duels.
A bit of a shame, but I just hope that the next digital format actually sticks around for a great long while. I just don't have the time or money to play paper format or MTGO, so products like Duels are all I've got to get my MTG fix.

Yeef

395 hours logged, ~ $20 in coins bought, so I don't feel like I've totally wasted my time with Duels.
A bit of a shame, but I just hope that the next digital format actually sticks around for a great long while. I just don't have the time or money to play paper format or MTGO, so products like Duels are all I've got to get my MTG fix.
Odds are, the next digital product will marry entry-level, free-to-play stuff with MTGO. There should be more details in September.

Top Bottom