• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Everyone knows how you would react, you would just post another fake anime gif.

ibl0hQxoBFWHZe.gif

Haikyuu!! 51

Tsukishima getting a score (but not saying much) was pleasing, as well as Tanaka's excitement and Hinata's score. Really intense chapter (though a bit wordy on the rules). Still conflicted, I want Oikawa to succeed cause hes amazing but I also dont want Kageyama to lose to him, ugh these two, great chemistry.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 51
I hope Tanaka will do a badass move to receive the ball.

Huh, I guess I was in the same age range too. Was 4 when Z ended.

Never knew dragon ball was so old.

Well, in France the anime started in 1988, I was born in 1994. Even my older brother born in 1985 was too young to watch it at the time, I believe he started with DBZ.

It was/is. I wasn't born when the Dragon Ball anime was broadcasted and never really cared about it to be honest.

Understandable. I wasn't a huge fan either. Never read the Dragon Ball manga and only bought some Dragon Ball Z volumes back then. While I really enjoyed original DBZ anime when it was broadcasted, it's is a chore to watch. I think Kai fixed some of the pacing and filler issues, but I never bothered with it.

flawfuls

New Treasure Island

This is one of Tezuka's earlier manga. It's unique in some ways, but I wasn't particularly fond of it (the fact that it's ridiculously racist doesn't help).

The more interesting thing I got out of this was Tezuka's debut dairy that was at the end of the book. It's literally his diary so if you want to find out what Tezuka was having for lunch while he was changing the world then this is your chance!

Yonafunu

no wait what let me

i need to check

did you not read moles- stop stop CALM DOWN LET ME PROCESS THIS I'M FINE okay

mr. yonafunu,

sorry for the possibly false grave accusation but i'm forced to ask this under the circumstances

did you not read molester man

Calm down there upandaway, I did, I just didn't remember that one.
Sawry :(

Okay, so now that Kimi no Iru Machi is going to be getting a proper anime series; can anyone tell me why it's so [insert adjective here]?

I know absolutely zero about this series, other than the fact that everyone calls it "A town where you rage" or other derivatives.

And why you think I should read it of course.

Yonafunu

There are actually people here that haven't seen or read Dragonball?
WHAT THE FUCK AAAARRRGGGHHH WHAT
THATS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

That's literally my entire childhood, sitting in front of the tv every evening and watching every rerun in the weekends.

This is ridiculous.

Wiseblade

How are some of you acting so calm about this? We're not talking about some obscure 30 year old josei that only get updated 3 times a Year. It's Dragon-Bloody-Ball.

Okay, so now that Kimi no Iru Machi is going to be getting a proper anime series; can anyone tell me why it's so [insert adjective here]?

I know absolutely zero about this series, other than the fact that everyone calls it "A town where you rage" or other derivatives.

And why you think I should read it of course.

The adjective you're looking for is "rage-inducing". The characters are terrible, acting in ways that leave you screaming in frustration. The only reason I'm still reading is in the vain hope that the manga ends with everyone dying as a punishment for the damage they've inflicted upon my sanity.

The easiest way to make you understand is just to show you a panel:

ioyAVfhBaid8w.png

There are actually people here that haven't seen or read Dragonball?
WHAT THE FUCK AAAARRRGGGHHH WHAT
THATS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

That's literally my entire childhood, sitting in front of the tv every evening and watching every rerun in the weekends.

This is ridiculous.

Oh, come on. Sure, some see it as the father of modern shonen and their tropes, but it's no 7 Seeds.

Korosenai

I've read Molester Man but had no idea what OTL stood for until I googled it just now. I think my favorite OTL moment was when Kansai went to kiss him, and then she was like "dont be getting too cocky" or something along those lines and then he does a barrel roll into the stance. I was laughing pretty hard.

bigkrev

I always though DBZ was kinda... dumb when I was a kid. It was just a bunch of people yelling stuff like "ill send you to a different dimension", grunting, and long drawn out fights. I remember in 6th grade when people were talking about new episodes starting to air (In 1999ish?), and I was shocked that people liked it.

Years later, I would read the manga and understand why people liked it, but to this day I still don't understand how people could have been entranced by that early stuff on TV.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Modern shonen is kinda dumb though, so I don't really want to read the father of it. :p

Also 42 volumes is kind of a lot. Partly why I don't really want to read the big 3 as well.

Korosenai

People in this thread dont like DBZ or DB?!?!

What is going on. I suggest everyone to buy Dragonball VizBig volume 1 right now and read it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk 89-109

Huh.

Well, Griffith is a fucking jerk. What a crab, fucking ol' boys girl in front of him.

The way Gutts lost his arm was nice. I'm surprised Caska lived through all of it, even if she's broken for now.

Overall, I think this was an interesting way to write this entire set up. What a flashback. What a tremendous amount of character development. It was great, really.

Griffith is such a dick, though. :lol

That's where I'll stop for now.

Wiseblade

No problem, this is all a dream. Soon I'll wake up and everything will be back to normal where everyone loves Dragonball and the world makes sense.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Dragonball is like, my love.

It transcends anime for me. DBZ on Toonami at 5pm's was like, a ritual. When my sister and two cousins would come home from school to my grandmother's house, we watched DBZ every single day. It's more than just nostalgia, it's a emotional connection that I have to the time period and situation surrounding the shit itself. DBZ really did do something more than just provide entertainment for us when we were young.

Oh and:
Hey, anyone got any manga recommendations that will maybe make me hate the world a little less? Berserk was kind of rough.
Soft as moist as dude.

That shit was half way funny, half way awesome. Looking forward to the retribution arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom