• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter 334:

Great chapter this week. I couldn't be happier with how everything played out. Parison won, Gon may see Ging (I am guessing he will run), and it was all bundled in one chapter. I will not be happy if we have to deal with another Killua rescue mission though. Hopefully the secrecy just relates to Alluka (who is now powerless?).

upandaway

HxH

Looks like Gon's all better, but now I'm curious on why Leorio was told not to tell Gon who healed him.
The "normal" reason would be because of the Zoldyck secrecy code, since it would really screw Killua over if Gon/anyone else made some logical leaps. It's already iffy that Leorio and Morau know.

Hunter X Hunter 334:

Gon may see Ging (I am guessing he will run)
About Gon meeting Ging, there's also the thing about wanting to introduce Killua to him, so, well. I could easily see him go fetch Killua -> realize he's nowhere -> oh shit ("not gonna meet Ging till Killua's with me")

survivor

Banned
It's like no one cares about ST&RS. I was checking on it to see if any new chapter was out and it's still at 20. And we are about 8 chapters behind too. Plus a quick glimpse at the ranking, and you can see it was always in bottom 5 for the last 10 issues. It sure is looking grim for it. I just hope we get some resolution on the Mars thing and get the damn chapters translated.

HxH

Yay, looking foward to Gon x Ging (he doesnt look foward to meeting him). Im most curious to see what happened to Killua and Alluka.

Trinity Seven

Only one more for dat True Harem ending.

upandaway

It's like no one cares about ST&RS. I was checking on it to see if any new chapter was out and it's still at 20. And we are about 8 chapters behind too. Plus a quick glimpse at the ranking, and you can see it was always in bottom 5 for the last 10 issues. It sure is looking grim for it. I just hope we get some resolution on the Mars thing and get the damn chapters translated.
February is cancellation period. I'm 100% sure ST&RS will be one of (most likely) 2.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven

iW49m.png

Disgusting filth. I'm dropping this manga.

February is cancellation period. I'm 100% sure ST&RS will be one of (most likely) 2.
What's the other one?

Big One

Banned
One Piece B

Pretty damn solid start in the New World, really looking forward to see how Oda ties in Monsters with One Piece. I wonder if this arc will be like Jaya, or something more along the lines of Thriller Bark.

Naruto C

Solid, but way too slow chapter. Naruto is starting to become extremely whiny, but that isn't a first for the series.

Hunter x Hunter B

Finally Partison's plan is revealed. Really interested in this turn of events and seeing exactly what makes him so evil aside from being manipulative.

Bleach F-

IF Bleach was published I would give it this grade.

Griffith

Banned
One Piece

Fuck yeah, dragons. It would be a shame if it turned out to just be someone with a dragon zoan fruit.

First island into the New World and it's already this crazy. I can't wait to how much crazier it can get.

Desmond

One Piece B

Pretty damn solid start in the New World, really looking forward to see how Oda ties in Monsters with One Piece. I wonder if this arc will be like Jaya, or something more along the lines of Thriller Bark.

Naruto C

Solid, but way too slow chapter. Naruto is starting to become extremely whiny, but that isn't a first for the series.

Hunter x Hunter B

Finally Partison's plan is revealed. Really interested in this turn of events and seeing exactly what makes him so evil aside from being manipulative.

Bleach F-

IF Bleach was published I would give it this grade.

Slow?, I was not expecting him to take out all the beasts in one chapter!

Hajime no Ippo

It's close to ch 1000, however, the fights seem to lag on more than they did in their early days. So far the current match is good, but predictable.

One Piece 655

Pretty cool chapter overall. It was a time like this that I wished Luffy didnt have that scar. Seeing a dragon in One Piece gives me the impression that Oda took a glance at the previous arc of Fairy Tail and thought it would be compelling to try to put the creature in here. Unfortunately, it didnt work too well as the design paled in comparison to Mashima's work, for say, Acnologia for one.

The most memorable moment was how happy Robin and Zoro looked around the time to draw straws/get on the little Merry.

Naruto
Kick ass Naruto is so much more fun to follow it reminds me of doomed Nintendo

I just hope the mangaka concentrates on showing the traits and skills from each beast that Naruto has gained and how he will use them to win fights

don't show Sasuke being hax and able to keep up... what I want to see is sauce beeing shocked and awed by Six Paths Naruto, make sauce cry like a little bitch after he has gone so far only to end up topped by his stalker.

survivor

Banned
They crossed that line huh...
The forbidden line was unfortunately crossed.

I only say 2 because I've barely ever seen only 1 thing get canceled (like, 3 times), but it could still be just ST&RS.

If Harisugawa ends it's because Kano's a silly pineapple and not cancellation but I guess it counts too
Kagami sure is moving its plot very fast.

Unfortunately things that aren't a hit from the get-go are canned

ST&RS wasn't really that good in the first place. It has a good concept and mystery, but the execution is bad. It's understandable that it's not loved by the readers.

Big One

Banned
One Piece 655

Pretty cool chapter overall. It was a time like this that I wished Luffy didnt have that scar. Seeing a dragon in One Piece gives me the impression that Oda took a glance at the previous arc of Fairy Tail and thought it would be compelling to try to put the creature in here. Unfortunately, it didnt work too well as the design paled in comparison to Mashima's work, for say, Acnologia for one.

The most memorable moment was how happy Robin and Zoro looked around the time to draw straws/get on the little Merry.
Read Monsters and then come back.

Zoe

Yeah they have. Remember that short filler arc where Naruto and Sakura had to save that girl with the tattoo on her back and that whole 'secret jutsu' nonsense? He was in that arc, at the end it even shows how Pain was able to capture him.

Never happened in the manga.

Naruto
Cool chapter , this should also make naruto even more broken .

One Piece
Awesome start to the NW really looking forward to see what going to happen in this arc .

Bleach
Even if this is the last arc in bleach it could last for years.
I still say naruto going finish before bleach .

PK Gaming

I agree.

-Aizen's Return
-Ichigo's Birth
-Isshin's history
-Yoruichi & Urahara's Relationship
-Ryuuken's Past/Quincy's Revenge
-Connection between Isshin & Ryuuken
-Return of Arrancar
-All of the Shinigami & Their Bankai's Releases
-The Spirit King
-Royal Guard/Division Zero

If all of these mysteries are indeed planned to be revealed in the next arc, I'm thinking that it'll last for a long time.

The bolded absolutely needs to happen. Especially the bankai release... I really want to know what Captain Yamanato / Aizen's bankai's were & if Rukia has one.

Yeah they have. Remember that short filler arc where Naruto and Sakura had to save that girl with the tattoo on her back and that whole 'secret jutsu' nonsense? He was in that arc, at the end it even shows how Pain was able to capture him.
the anime has no impact what so ever on the manga, even in the anime it is not canon.

dabig2

One Piece:
You know, after several years of reading this manga, I should be used to this but that chapter damn near took me 15 minutes to read. And a glorious 15 minutes it was. Great arc introduction!

Oda finally gets to have his samurai and dragons into One Piece proper.

One Piece 655

I
dis
agree.

One Piece

Excellent chapter. If we skipped FI and went from Sabaody to here it would have been great. This is the OP I love! Getting a strong Thriller Bark feeling with the separate groups but I can't see this arc lasting long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom