• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
naruto, maybe I should stop reading it for a while because I can't fast forward to the next chapter.

one piece, are we going to have another samurai on board? I wonder what's his ability, he doesn't seem to be a fruit user. I rather fond of the giant kids.

ed, forgot that this is spoiler thread.

survivor

Banned
Bakuman

I'm just gonna repeat what I said last week, fucking otakus.

This shit is just embarrassing, blowing shit out of proportion. Maybe in Japan where everyone is crazy this story makes sense, but it just had no impact here.

"oh no she is dating someone, filthy whore, she isn't pure anymore"

fucking nerds

Bakuman

I'm just gonna repeat what I said last week, fucking otakus.

This shit is just embarrassing, blowing shit out of proportion. Maybe in Japan where everyone is crazy this story makes sense, but it just had no impact here.

"oh no she is dating someone, filthy whore, she isn't pure anymore"

fucking nerds

those are for the idol-otakus. they're creepy.

Sunken Rock

So I noticed a bunch of you guys were talking about this a little while ago so I read the first 5 volumes just now. At first I was wondering why his sense of perspective and anatomy seemed pretty good but so many things like faces looked like shit, but then one of the author's notes said that he just goes out and takes pictures of places and people then traces them back into his comic. So more or less the only redeeming feature of this manga so far is basically fraudulent. At least Takehiko Inoue was a good storyteller with Slam Dunk. Boichi is just another voyeur drawing shitty ecchi comics.

Articalys

Bakuman

Ignoring how annoying the Otaku stuff is, I love Fukuda.

He's probably the most inspiring character in Bakuman, he's so badass.
Fukuda, Eiji, and Hiramaru are the real protagonists anyway. Mashiro and Takagi are just a couple of guys who are there to string the original plot along.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol MangaFox removed all Naruto, Bleach and OP

They did the exact same thing during the OM crisis. Then Viz forgot about it and they put it back up. Not that it suddenly became "impossible" to find or anything, not that they actually removed it. They just deleted the link to it.

http://www.piracy.site/series/page

All the old chapters still load just fine (edit: probably because I'm dumb and linking to mangareader and not mangafox lol)

Desmond

They did the exact same thing during the OM crisis. Then Viz forgot about it and they put it back up. Not that it suddenly became "impossible" to find or anything, not that they actually removed it. They just deleted the link to it.

naruto574

All the old chapters still load just fine.

Just noticed that zone manga labelled 574 as chapter 576 lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bakuman

Dumb. I like how instead of saying, "getting mad at a voice actress for having a boyfriend is fucken dumb" he's going to lecture them on how sweet it is and how they should give him a pass this time.

Fucking stupid shit.

Bakuman

Dumb. I like how instead of saying, "getting mad at a voice actress for having a boyfriend is fucken dumb" he's going to lecture them on how sweet it is and how they should give him a pass this time.

Fucking stupid shit.

To be fair, Fukuda is impulsive. It might not be the right solution but at least he's Fukuda!

gunbo13

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (end)

-Hisame should just use everyone's tears for her ice power.

As I posted before, the reason I gave up on this manga so many times was that the middle sucked. And yes it did. All of a sudden the main storyline pulled away into the side-stories. It's not bad if they are interesting. I did not find them interesting hence the multiple stalls.

But then the main story picked up with a bang near the end. My favorite part was the revealing of Animus and Anima's backstories. It wasn't stupid and it really made the story come together. The rest of the plot was all about the battle. And it had tons of SOB stories towards its conclusion.

Overall, LBH is a good manga. I won't call it great because of the middle. And there was a bit too much "overcome everything with emotions" going on. I will say that the art was what I enjoyed the most. Many will not like the style but I do. Mizukami uses a very compelling combination of ink lines to illustrate his battle scenes. It brings out the artist geek in me with his cross-hatching, ink shadowing, etc... I love the style and took a long time analyzing each illustration. I would post an example here but almost all the good ones are spoilers.

Series in 3 (tearful, camaraderie, sustaining)

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (end)

-Hisame should just use everyone's tears for her ice power.

As I posted before, the reason I gave up on this manga so many times was that the middle sucked. And yes it did. All of a sudden the main storyline pulled away into the side-stories. It's not bad if they are interesting. I did not find them interesting hence the multiple stalls.

But then the main story picked up with a bang near the end. My favorite part was the revealing of Animus and Anima's backstories. It wasn't stupid and it really made the story come together. The rest of the plot was all about the battle. And it had tons of SOB stories towards its conclusion.

Overall, LBH is a good manga. I won't call it great because of the middle. And there was a bit too much "overcome everything with emotions" going on. I will say that the art was what I enjoyed the most. Many will not like the style but I do. Mizukami uses a very compelling combination of ink lines to illustrate his battle scenes. It brings out the artist geek in me with his cross-hatching, ink shadowing, etc... I love the style and took a long time analyzing each illustration. I would post an example here but almost all the good ones are spoilers.

Series in 3 (tearful, camaraderie, sustaining)

Welcome to the Light Brother :)

the sob story i liked the most was the rat guy because it was the death that affected the whole team and they fought the enemy in their tribute attire

Think I liked Kishimoto's interview in SJ Alpha more, he didnt really reveal much except for trying to get me to read Zombie P.

And how odd people complaining on Torikos art, I dont think its that bad, pretty solid.

gunbo13

Biscuit Hammer chapter 40 spoilers

So incredibly badass
Mikazuki is fucking awesome (2nd panel is an example). I love all reaction shots where everyone is scared and he is smiling like a lunatic.
SioAb.jpg

Kind of like that.

EDIT:
Reminds me a bit of:
eQ9KF.jpg

Verelios

Damn this crusade. I BUY MY MANGA MAN; I BUY IT.

Not all of it though.

Bakuman:

I don't even know what to say. I was pretty wtf at the comments page. Seems extreme for an idol that just has a boyfriend. Also, manga has turned to shit. Seriously. After Tanto, I don't even know what happened.

I actually liked Tanto a little because it showed perseverence with something they didn't even really like, and the conviction to go through with their dream. Now? Yeah, no. It seems like this was just an arc to increase the time until the end. Seriously, if you're going to do that at least do something with Nakai or someone. Also, thought the fat guy at the beginning of the arc was Nakai. Total resemblence in disgust.

flawfuls

Homunculus End

This manga started out so promising, but just lost its momentum halfway through and just became an excuse to draw cooky pictures. The ending itself was kind of shitty. I mean it wasn't so bad conceptually, but it felt rushed and I could not take it seriously after all this shit.

BbrMb.png

Especially that sex scene with "himself". lol

survivor

Banned
Oh sweet, many thanks. MU really needs to implement a .5 system. Never tells you shit. :(

EDIT:
Well more like an omake tracking alert or something. You get shit like School Shock that does xA-xD stuff. No alerts work for that.

Just subscribe to the RSS feed of the group that does the translations. Much faster.

gunbo13

Just subscribe to the RSS feed of the group that does the translations. Much faster.
It's a long setup for all my series but maybe not a bad idea for a few. My main workaround though is just to keep the current chapter number -1 on the odd ones like School Shock. So it is red and I just click check once in awhile when visiting MU. So it isn't that big a hassle and probably about the same as checking the RSS. But it's the random omake that are the problem.

Not a bad idea though. Might work in small doses. I'll probably play around with it.
I'm seriously thinking of just going to the dark side and read To-Love Ru :/
y0rCal.jpg

Wiseblade

I'm seriously thinking of just going to the dark side and read To-Love Ru :/

Considering I just did this I'm not in a position to tell you not to, but let me warn you: There is nothing to this series but perversion. It is nothing but 160+ chapters of gropings, panty-shots and the least amount of plot required to tie it all together. If aaccidentally falling into multiple girl's cleavage/crotch sounds appealing to you, then go ahead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish I could accidentally fall into cute girls' crotches.

gunbo13

It is nothing but 160+ chapters of gropings, panty-shots and the least amount of plot required to tie it all together.
Wiseblade is the ultimate salesman.
I have read like 5 chapters from the darkness one and I felt too dirty, I had to take a shower for a whole day to clean myself from all the filth.
Well, then just read a max of 5 chapters a day before you shower. Problem solved.

vareon

Bakuman might not make sense for people not familiar with the idol subculture, but that's how it actually is. "Fans" went batshit insane when knowing a popular voice actress has a boyfriend.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Whoever voiced Haruhi and the blue haired one in Lucky star revealed that she had the nerve to sleep with men and 2ch went for blood.

i would love to see 2ch and 4chan go to war on something stupid. what the fuck does her sleeping with dudes have to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom