• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's still on break for another week but more-or-less, the Miu part of it seems to be wrapping up. The masters still need to go at it, though.

Oh ok, that might be far enough to consider reading again. I just didn't want to read the process of snapping Miu out of it one chapter at a time each week. Thanks.

Big One

Banned
Fairy Tail

I'm slowly reading this, and I must say that none of the bad guy's motivations in this (so far) make any logical sense whatsoever. Hell, maybe not just the bad guys but the good guys too.

Glass Rebel

Monster Ch. 60

Picked this up again and I thought I was way further. That private eye got killed and Tenma is on his way to kill Johann *looks at chapter count* which apparently takes another 100 chapters. Still like what I'm reading though.

Fairy Tail

I'm slowly reading this, and I must say that none of the bad guy's motivations in this (so far) make any logical sense whatsoever. Hell, maybe not just the bad guys but the good guys too.

It is by far the most cliche and generic popular shonen out there right now, it has moments of being pretty good, but overall the cliches just make it difficult to like.

It also loves a deus ex machina.

Negima

Wait, there's a chance for a non-Asuna ending, seriously? That'd be pretty bizarre...

Given how she responds to what Negi says, It would be pretty damn surprising at this point for it to be an Asuna ending. Unless of course Ken is King Troll like Dresden said and he was lying because he's too embarrassed to tell her (because he'd tell her in the final chapter when it's all epic and stuff).

Big One

Banned
Fairy Tail

5DRAK.jpg

This looks like SHIT. I want to read manga, not a bad Final Fantasy game.

iavi

5.jpg

They're really stretching this prison-break segment, but the ways by which they're doing it have kept it relatively fresh, so I'm not complaining, yet. This plan is is going to fail gloriously. I'm glad to see that the scans have picked up.

Magi

I liked the way that battle of ideals unfolded.

Pandora Hearts 70

*mind blown*

Kangoku Gakuen

Picked this one last year. Very funny. Chapter 17 I loled so much.
The director of the school is pretty bizarre
my beloved hips ;_;
Just read the last chapter, they are so crazy lol.

Wait, so it's illegal to read scanlations of material that has no publisher outside of japan? oO

Help me out here, is there any legal way to go about this? lol...

Glass Rebel

Dude it's like you want to get banned...

Nobody here cares what you do at home but piracy talk isn't wanted on GAF and a bannable offense.

Dude it's like you want to get banned...

Nobody here cares what you do at home but piracy talk isn't wanted on GAF and a bannable offense.

Hence why I ask... is there a legal way to read unpublished material, then? I'm looking for a legal way and I actually did think unpublished material being scanlated was absolutely legal... I mean, if no entitiy owns the copyright, how is it illegal? oO

Truth101

Banned
Hence why I ask... is there a legal way to read unpublished material, then? I'm looking for a legal way and I actually did think unpublished material being scanlated was absolutely legal... I mean, if no entitiy owns the copyright, how is it illegal? oO

Just stop, for your own good...

Kusagari

Dude, here's a hint. Don't ask, don't tell.

Glass Rebel

Learn Japanese and buy the volumes. Here is your way to read them legally. Goddammit.

ANYWAY

Monster 87

Damn, I didn't expect Anna/Nina to be Johann. On the other hand, I knew she couldn't have committed those murders. Anyway, too much Nina screentime, she reminds me of a girl I was seeing way too much.

then why are you posting here if you strongly felt that?

Because it's awesome. :D I didn't mean that in a depreciatory way at all. It's just that even after reading the TOS several times I'll always feel limited by what I can or can't post, since your legal system works in a completely different way from most of the rest of the modern world countries.

Jintor

The original content creator (or owner) implicitly owns all copyright on their work and substantially derived works (such as translations) in all its forms dude, only relinquishing them specifically through contract. Pretty sure that's standard for most legal systems.

The original content creator (or owner) implicitly owns all copyright on their work and substantially derived works (such as translations) in all its forms dude, only relinquishing them specifically through contract. Pretty sure that's standard for most legal systems.

Yes. again I quote myself ^

I don't really know, but ever since I remember in most European forums I use there's no discussing the subject when it's being published, but when there's no publisher we just blab away. Granted, none of them are nearly as much of a bif deal as GAF is, though.

So, tell me something... hypothetically... I own 30 something volumes of Berserk... would it be legal for me to download scanlations of those same volumes I own, or are scanlations just flatout illegal no matter what?

EDIT: Also, it seems the banhammer is the main solution around here (though it seems it isn't used that arbitrarily, of course, not saying it's a fascist regime, lol...) Is there no infraction system?

I don't really know, but ever since I remember in most European forums I use there's no discussing the subject when it's being published, but when there's no publisher we just blab away. Granted, none of them are nearly as much of a bif deal as GAF is, though.

So, tell me something... hypothetically... I own 30 something volumes of Berserk... would it be legal for me to download scanlations of those same volumes I own, or are scanlations just flatout illegal no matter what?

I think technically that's legal because it would be considered a "back-up". Don't quote me on that though.

EDIT: Also, it seems the banhammer is the main solution around here (though it seems it isn't used that arbitrarily, of course, not saying it's a fascist regime, lol...) Is there no infraction system?

Well some mods will ask one to refrain from something but most of the time we just see someone banned and we know they screwed up royally. Given junior status a ban would = account death, in case you won't aware.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just caught up with nisekoi, and what the fuck is this? I was expecting comedy and shenanigans, and got a bs drama series...i miss double arts.

I think technically that's legal because it would be considered a "back-up". Don't quote me on that though.

I mainly ask because of YKK. I have no problem waiting for Vinland Saga, because I know it'll eventually get published in english... but I don't see it happening with YKK. And I'd like to know if purchasing the japanese volumes would then legally allow me to obtain the scanlations.

If I'm being honest, I don't really think it makes any sense if that were the case, since it's inherently a different product, but you never know.

Well some mods will ask one to refrain from something but most of the time we just see someone banned and we know they screwed up royally. Given junior status a ban would = account death, in case you won't aware.

I am aware. =/ And that's the main reason I'm frightened, lol... especially since A) the wait for approval is long and hard and B) GAF seems to only accept paid e-addresses, and this is my only one.

EDIT, while I'm at it... how long/how many posts 'till I get the ability to create threads? Can't seem to find an answer for that in the help section.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Magi

I liked the way that battle of ideals unfolded.

Pandora Hearts 70

*mind blown*

Kangoku Gakuen

Picked this one last year. Very funny. Chapter 17 I loled so much.
The director of the school is pretty bizarre
my beloved hips ;_;
Just read the last chapter, they are so crazy lol.

In pandora hearts did you even finish the chapter or did you keep re-reading the last few pages? =3

I am aware. =/ And that's the main reason I'm frightened, lol... especially since A) the wait for approval is long and hard and B) GAF seems to only accept paid e-addresses, and this is my only one.

EDIT, while I'm at it... how long/how many posts 'till I get the ability to create threads? Can't seem to find an answer for that in the help section.

It's a combination of time and post account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom