• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

One Piece

Sanji's kick right there. God damn. That has to be one of his best kicks. So good.
Man did you see that? Crazy. I love that kick.

I also love all the revelations (so it was the Aokiji/Akainu place after all, haha) and I love Smoker coming early on.

I'm betting the place with the kids is an experiment facility. They're using the kids to do experiments like the centaur/birdmen.

TLR

I can sense it. Kotegawa is undergoing transformation.

She might be the second best girl when it's all over.

Desmond

Perhaps you missed the post right above the one you quoted. :lol

KuGsj.gif

Oh.

PK Gaming

Itachi is a shit.

Here's a good post I found on NF:

Itachi seems to be a textbook shinobi: Detached and completely about business. He saw Sasuke, and was more than willing to glide right on by. What...?? Your brother has turned to the dark-side, and you don't even TRY to right your wrong? Hey, if you can't do anything, at least you made an attempt, but good grief. It's not like you could screw him up worse than you already have.

Not only that, but when he does speak with Sasuke it was as if he was saying, 'Yeah. Lol. I screwed up pretty bad. You gotta find your own way, kid"

???????

There is also NO LATER, because if you do end Edo Tensei, what are the odds that you will survive it?

I actually felt Sasuke's pain this chapter. The dude just wanted to be heard and felt, and you keep jumping from tree to tree, only speaking to him because he won't stop talking and following you.

That's a bit TOO hardcore for my tastes. I used to think Itachi using Tsukiyomi on Sasuke was something he did either because he needed to appear evil, or because Kishimoto wasn't totally sure of what direction he wanted to go with him.

No...

That dude really IS like Danzou. A hard-lining, ends justify the means type.

Geesh.

He just keeps making things worse lmao

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: D for Dem Titties Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

But seriously. This chapter was pretty meh. I mean, Sasuke and Itachi's reunion was kind of haphazard to say the least. Itachi seems kind of "meh" about this shit like "I don't really care about you right now. Got more important shit to do. TTYL"

I mean, what? You were willing to sacrifice the entire clan for Sasuke and now you can't put off your batman mission for 5 minutes to talk to the one person you saved and give him the explanations you owe him in the first place? What? It would have made sense if Itachi was being controlled somehow and couldn't stop and talk to him but there's no reason for him to be like "Yeah...nah." Really stupid.

And then, on Sasuke's side of things. I'm not so sure if I like that he can instantly go from crazy motherfucker to crybaby. See, someone "crazy" like Sasuke has been can still ask questions, but with the way it happened in this chapter Kishimoto would have lead us to believe that Sasuke hadn't done any of the crazy shit he's done. I mean, just two chapters ago he was spouting off that crazy shit to Zetsu or whatever. Weird.

Then, we have stuff that's even worse. Is Kishimoto intentionally trying to be sexist? Does he really want us to believe that Tsunade can even do anything against Madara? I don't get it. He just finished fucking them up and Tsunade was on the ground. How is it that she can get up with resolve and act as if she can take him on alone? Stupid. Really really stupid.

I called Tobi being Hashirama months and months ago. There's plenty of evidence for it. It doesn't matter if he got taken by the death god. I say that Hashirama split half of his soul and one half of it was what Orochimaru used, and the other half is now why Tobi is running around. And since half his soul is gone, he can age, but not die. Blahdeblahdeblah.

Bleach: C+

Only a few interesting things happened in this chapter, but the best thing about it all was that the events transpiring in the chapter didn't take too long to happen. If this was years ago (or...last arc)...dude at the end would've said "In 5 months, Soul Society will be at war"...This time? A simple 5 days. Very good.

Otherwise, we got an epic Yamamoto line. Already an A+ quotable 3 chapters in. Dude is a boss. I'm glad Ivan didn't get one-shotted, but I kind of couldn't tell what was going on in his little scuffle with Ichigo. But is Ichigo going to have some kind of seal put on him? Felt like not much happened, but what did happen happened fast.

One Piece: B

I don't know guys. I'm starting to feel like things are just not as exciting as they should be. I mean, as always, this chapter was full of shit. But at the same time, I feel like this is just the same kind of arc filled in with different characters and stuff. And actually, not much happened in this chapter either. I mean, you've got the stuff with Sanji's group, which wasn't bad. The most exciting prospect is that we might get an epic flashback of the Admiral confrontation. Otherwise I'll reserve judgment. '

Love the Luffy kick! And Sanji's was even more epic!

Kusagari

I don't think Itachi was really being an ass. He had his chance, and he admits that he fucked up. He's dead and sees the situation out of his hands now. Do people forget Itachi killed his entire clan to preserve peace? No mater what he thinks of the Sasuke situation, stopping Kabuto is a bigger priority. And it fits with his character.

Plus, it's pretty obvious he still thinks Naruto can change Sasuke

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't think Itachi was really being an ass. He had his chance, and he admits that he fucked up. He's dead and sees the situation out of his hands now. Do people forget Itachi killed his entire clan to preserve peace? No mater what he thinks of the Sasuke situation, stopping Kabuto is a bigger priority. And it fits with his character.
What fits with his character is that Sasuke has always been Itachi's top priority. For it to change now doesn't make sense.

Also, Itachi had time to sit around and lecture Naruto for some ol bullshit. Why can't he do the same for Sasuke?

Fuck Naruto.

upandaway

rankings said:
SKET DANCE (Cover, Lead Color Page)
ONE PIECE
NARUTO
Toriko
Kurogane
man, something's there where it really, really shouldn't be

I know what kind of smartass comment you wanted to make. be ashamed of yourself

PK Gaming

Plus, it's pretty obvious he still thinks Naruto can change Sasuke

He ruined Sasuke's life, and fucked him up mentally and he can't even take the time to talk to him? The hell?I know Kabutomaru is really relevant, but you can take a 5 minutes to talk it over to Sasuke like a man. At least give him SOMETHING (Naruto's parents at least gave him a closure; itachi gave Sasuke shit) Don't even get me started on the clan murder...

He says he'll talk about it "later" but there won't be a "later" when Edo Tensei ends. He's arguably one of the biggest dicks in Naruto (as it should be, like in part 1)

Naruto
Is it just me, or for all the time Sasuke and Itachi spent talking, pretty much *nothing* was said? You know what I mean? Like it was just pointless blathering.

Bleach

"I'm all the security it needs."

Like a fucking boss. :lol Love Kubo's badass boasts. Seems pacing is definately improving which is cool.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto
Is it just me, or for all the time Sasuke and Itachi spent talking, pretty much *nothing* was said? You know what I mean? Like it was just pointless blathering.
Yeah. Basically. Nothing of true importance was said. Sasuke should've been asking about Itachi's contact with Madara/Tobi.

Naruto

I don't get the hate. I loved the Naruto chapter. But I feel as though I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter because this one had no conclusion to anything at all. I want to see more Madara/Hokage fight and more Sasuke/Itachi talk. It seems like its going to be an epic Uchiha hangout in a few chapters.

Tritroid

Naruto

Great chapter! The sasuke/itachi reunion was handled really well. I still think though what Tobi originally said about how Itachi loved his brother so much that he avoided murdering him and protected him all throughout his life is the truth, even though Itachi provides Sasuke with another reason for keeping him alive and fueling him with hatred (to murder him down the line)...the kick back is Sasuke takes the wrong path as a result, which is ultimately both their faults.

This really kinda shows that the Uchihas are ultimately fucked completely without a form of redemption if Sasuke continues down the path he's chosen, and Itachi knows it. His disappointment in Sasuke, which is a shared disappointment in himself, is highlighted by Itachi reminiscing about Naruto - who is taking the path that Sasuke should have taken.

Oh and the kages are fighting madara still. That part was dull.

Naruto

That Itachi conversation was bunk and he basically has left it in Naruto's hands (cue Stat Flow getting pissed about the Naruto dickriding lol). He basically fucked up, placed The Sauce on the wrong path and is trying to remove himself since he's dead plus he has to stop Oro clone.

That line from Madara makes him sound like one of those internet trolls, so fucking stupid. I hope Tsunade does something but knowing Kishi she will hardly do jack shit.

One Piece

Finally confirming Punk Hazard was where the Admirals fought plus adding that Vegapunk did some shit on the island before that (hence the name). The kids story is interesting, Luffy's group is pretty hilarious, and we are seeing glimspes of the enemies so lets see how this all plays out.

Bleach

Ivan proving himself a bit with not being done in a few panels (though Ichigo with his only move begs to differ).

Old man with the most boss line in the chapter but these guys seems to mean business so it should be good.

Once again a usual problem with Bleach is that as its getting good it just ends :(

cdyhybrid

Bleach

Yama being a badass as usual. I appreciate that Ichigo is actually thinking about what's going on somewhat instead of just charging in, but I want to see him stomp this guy so we can move on.

Naruto

I liked this chapter. It was nice to get some answers from Itachi's perspective, I never trusted anything Tobi said (he claimed nine-tails was a natural disaster). His relationship with Sasuke seems reminiscent of Jiraiya's with Nagato. Itachi's still a boss, fuck the haters.

Bleach

Yama being a badass as usual. I appreciate that Ichigo is actually thinking about what's going on somewhat instead of just charging in, but I want to see him stomp this guy so we can move on.

Only fear I have for Yama is that he may not deliver in the end, this is that guy that got his arm and body charred by Aizen afterall.

Naruto

God reading through that chapter made my brain melt such shitty translations, great to see Itachi and Sasuke finally talking, shodaime was such a bad ass, and a cute will of fire panel at the end showing the jugs great chapter

Bleach

What an amazing drawing, and it´s foreshadowing hollow Ichigo´s return. The hoodie shows Ichigo´s hollow mask.

Yamamoto is such a boss. And Ivan tried to lock Ichigo up by using reshi against Ichigo. Ishida, and the quincies use reshi as their weapon.

Naruto

Itachi is such a dick. That guy from NF nailed it. Hashirama is so overpowered.

one piece

So the effect of the island is because of Aokiji, Akainu fight. The admirals seem way over powered. Meh chapter.

Desmond

Bleach

What an amazing drawing, and it´s foreshadowing hollow Ichigo´s return. The hoodie shows Ichigo´s hollow mask.

Yamamoto is such a boss. And Ivan tried to lock Ichigo up by using reshi against Ichigo. Ishida, and the quincies use reshi as their weapon.

Black Hoodie- Shinigami
X- Full Bring
School Shirt
Hollow lines

SYMBOLISM

That cover would be great if it had a background, as it is it all seems a bit empty. I do like the use of his sister and him though, more so than the hoody.

Combine

Banned
Tobi cannot be Hashirama because The First was already summoned by Orochimaru and is now in the Death God's stomach along with The Second, Third and Fourth.

Tobi is Izuna. He's the little brother overshadowed by the big brother Madara (ie. Sasuke and Itachi), which is why he wants a connection to the Sauce.

Desmond

Tobi cannot be Hashirama because The First was already summoned by Orochimaru and is now in the Death God's stomach along with The Second, Third and Fourth.

Tobi is Izuna. He's the little brother overshadowed by the big brother Madara (ie. Sasuke and Itachi), which is why he wants a connection to the Sauce.

I think so too. (or He's Kagami lol)

I hope we get a mini arc in the Death God's stomach somehow
KuGsj.gif

Kusagari

Kishimoto could easily find some BS way around that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am confused with not posting the scans but I have seen people posted the scan of cover and the comic itself.

What's fine line between posting scanned page or cover and posting partial comic?

I already understand gif just finely but last few pages, it was just don't made sense to me.

Desmond

I am confused with not posting the scans but I have seen people posted the scan of cover and the comic itself.

What's fine line between posting scanned page or cover and posting partial comic?

I already understand gif just finely but last few pages, it was just don't made sense to me.

I think if there's no scanlator logos etc on it you should be OK

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For someone who hates Hashirama so much, Madara sure loves reminiscing about how great he was.
Madara hates Hashirama in the same way Sasuke hates Naruto.

They are actually gay lovers.

Also if Itachi seals away Madara by sacrificing himself I'm going to rage.

ant1532

Banned
Tsunade is going to finish off Madara and die in the process. She aint gunna take that smack from that ni**a like dat. (ninja)

ill repost this when it happens.

Oh Itachi killing Kabuto will have fans arguing whether she is any good since it helped her finish him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom