• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Zonbicchi wa Bicchi ni Fukumaremasu ka?

So these are real chapters or just one shots like they are called? Either way, this reminds me a lot of Bousou Shojo but not as funny. It's still the same setup of the girl mishearing ordinary phrases and confusing them for dirtier things but it's lacking something.

Hmm. I'm probably not going to be posting in ManGAF too often, but I never noticed that you guys had a thread before, so...

I've been working on collecting Vertical's Tezuka releases and Kadokawa US' Akira stuff for a while now. Ayako and MW are the first additions to my Tezuka collection—will these two volumes have me spoiled by the time I start up Black Jack? I'm curious to know, as I'm mainly in the Tezuka stage of my development, and there's a lot more material to read.

Great to hear about Magi getting adapted.
Reposting my question from the last page, which everyone in this helpful, considerate, and reasonable community has ignored.

Zekes!

Black Jack is my favourite work by Tezuka. I think you'll definitely enjoy it. Also don't worry too much about order; the series is made up of self-contained vignettes and him and Pinoko are really the only recurring characters.

dammit you guys should have kept ''ignoring him''
yu so fanny
Black Jack is my favourite work by Tezuka. I think you'll definitely enjoy it. Also don't worry too much about order; the series is made up of self-contained vignettes and him and Pinoko are really the only recurring characters.
Cool. I was really bummed when someone snatched up Vertical's first volume right in front of my eyes when I went to A-Kon earlier this June.

Zekes!

yu so fanny
Cool. I was really bummed when someone snatched up Vertical's first volume right in front of my eyes when I went to A-Kon earlier this June.

Well, volume 1 is the only one that I'd say is a "must" read, only because it contains the chapter that introduces Pinoko.

There's also random chapters in the series that detail his back story, but there's no overarching plot or anything.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Aku no Hana 30

Chapters are coming fast lately and it sure isnt going any better for the poor parents.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aku no Hana 30:
Just one huge stream of shit spraying into the fan.

Akame ga Kill

Really good series. Cant wait to Esdese go all yandere on Tatsumi.

Prison School

How I missed it. Dat vice prez fan service. Shingo is being played like a fool hehe.

flawfuls

Well, volume 1 is the only one that I'd say is a "must" read, only because it contains the chapter that introduces Pinoko.

There's also random chapters in the series that detail his back story, but there's no overarching plot or anything.

They retcon everything about Pinoko anyway! It's a same because psychic powered tumor Pinoko is best Pinoko.

Magico

Massive "shit just got real" chapter. Looks like we're entering a rescue YoruichiAnise arc. Well the scale is just been upped a bunch, so should be good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So, apparently, in ToLoveRu Darkness ch21, Momo turns Rito into a pair of panties and gives them to Mikan.

hbcr4.jpg

Keeps circling the drain into shitville. Can't wait for that flush.

Kamisama no Iutoori

Damn, Chris changed a lot.

Wonder what this new arc will bring. It was nice to see a bunch of new players, so hope most of them survive.

upandaway

Nononono

What the fuck! How the hell is that 1%? He's delusional.

At this point there's no way they'll win this. To begin with I don't even know why I'm rooting for Nono's fucked up goal to materialize. Her dad was loony.

Prison School

Oh man, the rejected are starting to group up. Long live the resistance.

Hayate's also getting pretty real

Articalys

Finally, like One Piece and Naruto before it, Viz has decided to play catch-up and kick the US release of the Bleach manga volumes into high gear.
North American publisher Viz Media noted on Monday that it will release two volumes of Kubo Tite's Bleach manga every month from June to December. Under this "speed-up" campaign, Viz will ships volumes 40 to 53 by the end of 2012. Shueisha is publishing the 55th volume in Japan this month.

upandaway

Magico 61

She has lips and mascara and everything. What the hell. That's just silly.

What is it with low ranking series and using the moon as a desperate last attempt?

Finally, like One Piece and Naruto before it, Viz has decided to play catch-up and kick the US release of the Bleach manga volumes into high gear.

Thats odd, I was quite sure they announced that they were doing that last summer and have already been doing that for this year already, oh well going from 40 to 53 is good. Anyway based on AMZN, I can finally finish all volumes for arrancar saga since I fell behind right after Nel was on the cover.

Articalys

Two new series are starting in WSJ issues 31 and 32. Yuusei Matsui (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro) with "Assassination Classroom" and newbie Juuzou Kawai with the series from his Golden Future Cup entry last year, "Takamagahara".

Also, that axe hovering over Magico's head probably just started swinging down.

upandaway

Yeah probably Magico. I think they only need to cancel one because of Inumaru right?

I really thought they'd pick Hungry Joker out of the Golden Future Cup but uh, guess there were internal problems or something. Oh well.

Thats odd, I was quite sure they announced that they were doing that last summer and have already been doing that for this year already, oh well going from 40 to 53 is good. Anyway based on AMZN, I can finally finish all volumes for arrancar saga since I fell behind right after Nel was on the cover.

Speaking of american manga news, Kodansha did something they rarely do these days: release a manga volume!

ATTACK ON TITAN vol.1 (aka: Shingeki no Kyojin). Volume 2 looks set for September.

Bakuman v 10

Mainly just provided behind the scenes of stuff I dont remember from the anime but the read up on the initial crime of Perfect Crime Club was pretty cool. Kind of wish it was real. I think volume 88 wasnt yet covered in the anime so that was surprising, guess Ill get a head start before season three this fall with at least two more volumes. It was nice to revisit Miho's singing, and the soundtrack had the full song, which is win.

Miura started to grow on me, wish they kept him as their editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom