• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
By the way folks, apparently a second season for Medaka Box has been confirmed (or will be confirmed) in the next Shonen Jump.

upandaway

Akame ga Kill (caught up)

I love this.

By the way folks, apparently a second season for Medaka Box has been confirmed (or will be confirmed) in the next Shonen Jump.
Been confirmed for a week wasn't it? I remember seeing it in places

The Medaka Box leaker is serious business, so I guess that makes sense if it'll be official next week.

Working!!
Caught up to whatever's been released.
Pretty good. Being in the 4-koma style makes each bit seems short and doesn't overstay it's welcome. The anime follows it really closely for the most part and the releases haven't bypassed where season 2 ended yet.

Takanashi is still a terrible character.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku no Hana

Why don't they just have sex with each other. It probably would have solved all their problems a long time ago

SZS 290

So in the space of 2 chapters Meru talks and Abiru loses her eyepatch. Also something that bares a slight resemblance to a plot begins to emerge.

After nearly 300 chapters of the same old formula this feels pretty unreal. Someone hold me. 11 chapters to go.

Aku no Hana

935444_o.gif

Screaming Lessons

All caught up. What a chilling series. Kind of like a more disturbing Twilight Zone with shades of Hell Girl. I had no idea shoujo horror could be like this. It's also the kind of episodic stuff I enjoy, so I'll definitely be keeping up with this one.

El Sloth

Banned
Aku no Hana 31-32

Looks like this roaring river of shit has finally reached it's zenith and is about to create a spectacular waterfall of shit.

Incidentally. which crazy girl would you choose Mangaf? Nakamura vs. Yuno (Mirai Nikki chick)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Zen Martial Arts Academy 29 (End)

LoL. What a troll "ending". All that buildup for nothing.

done after 29 chapters? i smell a bb project liek ending.

Sun Ken Rock

I swear Ken has the willpower against easy sex like an unbreakable wall. The panties literally fly his way as he smacks them away.

hes trying to strike gold with the police chick. his eyes are on the prize

Parallax

Zen Martial Arts Academy 29

yeah, its a bb project like ending. at least try to fucking make closure.

El Sloth

Banned
Kasuga's back is gonna end up all scratched up.

At least she's fine with you getting some nookie on the side. Yuno would cut your dick off if she found out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku no Hana 31-32

Looks like this roaring river of shit has finally reached it's zenith and is about to create a spectacular waterfall of shit.

Incidentally. which crazy girl would you choose Mangaf? Nakamura vs. Yuno (Mirai Nikki chick)

Yuno.

Nakamura's only redeeming feature is epic trollfaces

Magico

Yeah, this really feels like it could be an endgame. Guy is gearing up for a possible cancellation, and if it doesn't, I see it following a similar path to Soul Eater where the guy escapes and stuff.

Sun ken Rock 69

Expensive car chase! Ken just to hell with those expensive rides!

Ok so does Ken's bat say punk on it? If it does that's pretty damn awesome.

Articalys

Hey, the Kimi no Iru Machi OVA series turned out pretty good in the end! It didn't hurt that they changed the ending of the Tokyo visit arc so that Haruto and Yuzuki actually stayed in contact afterwards.

Angry Grimace

Aku no Hana 32

what is the "moral" to this story

There assuredly isn't one. Mangaka sometimes like to write insane shit for the sake of it being insane hoping someone will think its deep. Nakamura is such a shallow character that you can just generically refer to her as insane. There isn't any deeper meaning at this point to her being insane and/or any of the other characters going along with her insanity.

Defuser

Magico

Yeah, this really feels like it could be an endgame. Guy is gearing up for a possible cancellation, and if it doesn't, I see it following a similar path to Soul Eater where the guy escapes and stuff.
Magico is nothing but action after action and it still tank? At least the guy managed to get over 50 chapters. Maybe if there is a anime.....

Solune

Hey, the Kimi no Iru Machi OVA series turned out pretty good in the end! It didn't hurt that they changed the ending of the Tokyo visit arc so that Haruto and Yuzuki actually stayed in contact afterwards.

Sounds like the writer / director should do the script for Seo , since he can't make a story worth shit.

Articalys

Sounds like the writer / director should do the script for Seo , since he can't make a story worth shit.
To be fair, the OVA did have the advantage of being able to skip over large swathes of the more annoying parts early on in the manga, only focusing on the important events in flashback. Combined, it is only about 50 minutes of runtime after all.

survivor

Banned
Boys on the Run vol 3

Whoa, this manga just went into some dark serious territory. Fuck Aoyama, that asshole bastard, I just want Tanishi to beat his ass down. The description about the manga being about a guy becoming boxer is so misleading since we are 3 volumes and only now they are talking about learning how to box. But it doesn't matter that much since the slice of life stuff so far have been very good.

Parallax

Gun x Clover 1

interesting premise so far. the kid(?) playing the roles is interesting, and multiple personalities could be interesting. but this screams harem, and i really hope it doesnt go that route.

Girls of the Wild's

aaaand Dal Dal remains the best girl

im waiting to see the little sister beast the wrestling chick

and i honestly dont give a shit about the white haired dude, i want to see the red haired dude get his ass kicked so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom