• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto.

So what now? Did Tobi assist in the massacre or not?

I'm pretty sure the implication is that he performed the majority of it. Which now gives Sasuke a convienent excuse to join Naruto in the battlefield and steal the Tobi kill from him! I''m pretty much expecting the inevitable Rookie 9/12 meetup in the battle now, even though only Naruto and Sasuke will do any meaningful damage vs Tobi.

tri_willy

bleach

this arc will only be redeemed with the return of aizen, there's no denying that

naruto

title of chapter sounds like a silly love song... *shudder

At least Nura wont be cancelled for eternity and its in the endgame.

Naruto

Lets move on better things, I hope.

Bleach

LOL dumbasses. Mayuri is definitely mad.

I am laughing at Reiji getting desperate because he cant use bankai, what about Kidou and using strategy (lol)?

Kusagari

I find it hilarious how all the captains are shitting their pants over not being able to use Bankai when they refused to use it when Aizen was destroying them all.

scy

I find it hilarious how all the captains are shitting their pants over not being able to use Bankai when they refused to use it when Aizen was destroying them all.

"Won't use it" and "Can't use it" are two different things and stupid plot ohgod :|

Bleach

What a chapter.

The quincies don´t just steal bankai, they steal the zampakto and its spirit as well. That´s a new and important development.

All this Shunsui talk about sacrifice make me think that he will sacrifice himself to get the answers.

Bleach
xkAKL.png

So Ice Boy is apparently too special to actually lose his bankai like the others.

...we're totally going to find out that his parentage is from the Royale Guards just like Ichigo, hence why he is so awesome and immune, aren't we?
His bankai was stolen and his zampakto was empty. He can´t even feel his presence. And a different translation says that the 6th 7th and 2nd division have been stolen as well.

"Won't use it" and "Can't use it" are two different things and stupid plot ohgod :|
SMFH, as if the captains could release their banaki against Aizen while they were under hypnosis, and not kill each other in the process.

Naruto

A good chapter. I am glad that this shit is over. I hope Sasuke kills Koharu in a slow agonizing matter.

Looks like Nurarihyon is getting the axe this week, but it's going to continue for an undetermined time in Jump Next.

That sucks big time but the manga could finish this arc so lets hope he does a good ending with the time he has left .

Bleach
Time to get back to Ichigo .

Naruto
Okay chapter but lets move on to Naruto .

No Euro games today :(

Averon

Naruto

The first genuinely interesting chapter I've read in a long, long time.

Bleach

As I said before, this strategy of purposely crippling your strongest war assets to maybe get a sense of how your enemy's abilities works was retarded.

Mr. Fix

Bleach
Shunsui losing his eye was the only redeeming part of the chapter. I just hope the shinigami don't suddenly pull one of those lame comebacks. Let the RG handle this.

Naruto
The scene between Itachi and his parents & the Sauce was alright.

One Piece
tumblr_lwcoc8Brp51qly06uo1_500.gif

naruto
awwwwww, nice chapter
-art was great
-we finally know everything about the uchiha massacre
-i love the talk between itachi and his dad
-fuck the third hokage is lame as fuck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Ugh.

I like how we get tricked into thinking something will happen, and then we get the 100th retelling of Itachi's stupid flashback, revealing nothing new.

Also, Kishimoto's art is either strangely inconsistent (or this is intentional), but Tobi is like a foot and a half taller than Itachi here.

Shouldnt have read an air gear fanfic before reading Bleach...the chapter just couldnt compare.

Bleach
tumblr_m5x3udDpum1rww44lo1_500.jpg

Kubo treats Hitsugaya so bad. Sure we had the Yukio fight, but now we have this one where he is the only one seen screaming in desperation and almost on the verge of tears for his precious Hyorinmaru. Why cant we have like Retsu Unohana or someone looking distressed or something. Surely Bleach's ranking would improve if he focused on people we cared about. Oh well, thankfully Akon is smart and will try to get Ichigo there as soon as possible, since, another character on my death list, is definitely about to kick the can, Shunsui.

Remember when chants were used for Bakudo , like Bakudo 77 Tentei kuura? I wonder why Kubo forwent it.

Shouldnt have read an air gear fanfic before reading Bleach...the chapter just couldnt compare.

Bleach

Kubo treats Hitsugaya so bad. Sure we had the Yukio fight, but now we have this one where he is the only one seen screaming in desperation and almost on the verge of tears for his precious Hyorinmaru. Why cant we have like Retsu Unohana or someone looking distressed or something. Surely Bleach's ranking would improve if he focused on people we cared about. Oh well, thankfully Akon is smart and will try to get Ichigo there as soon as possible, since, another character on my death list, is definitely about to kick the can, Shunsui.

Remember when chants were used for Bakudo , like Bakudo 77 Tentei kuura? I wonder why Kubo forwent it.

Girls love Hits. Why do you think out of all the more interesting captains he alone got a backstory chapter for his bankai?

Girls love Hits. Why do you think out of all the more interesting captains he alone got a backstory chapter for his bankai?

DTL loves Hits too, you're misunderstanding.

He hates seeing a character he loves whine, he wants Hits to run around killing all the quincy with his magical still working bankai.

It was to promote the Diamond dust rebellion (Bleach movie 2). But yeah, he´s very popular.

DTL loves Hits too, you're misunderstanding.

He hates seeing a character he loves whine, he wants Hits to run around killing all the quincy with his magical still working bankai.
Not only did his bankai disappear. He lost the spirit of his zampakto. Which means he lost a part of his soul.

upandaway

Looks like Nurarihyon is getting the axe this week, but it's going to continue for an undetermined time in Jump Next.

So I'm trying to sort this out, because in the pic I can only make out that the final chapter of Nura will be in NEXT (i.e. Enigma). Also Nura's final page from the raws says something about a new project will be announced in the NEXT chapter (hoping for SQ sequel, doubt it).

So yeah I'm pretty sure Nura's just ending for good. Doesn't look like it's continuing anywhere unless I missed something.

Man, this sucks. The ending looks pretty sudden, even with a 50-page finish. Ugh.

Solune

So I'm trying to sort this out, because in the pic I can only make out that the final chapter of Nura will be in NEXT (i.e. Enigma). Also Nura's final page from the raws says something about a new project will be announced in the NEXT chapter (hoping for SQ sequel, doubt it).

So yeah I'm pretty sure Nura's just ending for good. Doesn't look like it's continuing anywhere unless I missed something.

Man, this sucks. The ending looks pretty sudden, even with a 50-page finish. Ugh.

duckroll said that the text says
duckroll said:
"It's still going to be some time before the conclusion, but thank you for reading up to now. We continue in NEXT."
He also said
they announced that the final part of the current arc will be continuing in Jump NEXT in August in another panel
SNAIZ.jpg

The panel also indicates there's a "secret project" they're also working on, it'll be announced soon.

All thanks goes to duckroll.

upandaway

duckroll said that the text says
He also said
That's just silly, how can a manga be serialized in NEXT. Oh man.

I'm sorta relieved.

retcon: yeah I saw the text from the raws, I figured the project would be another anime season or something but I guess it could be serious business after duckroll happened

Dresden

It's probably ending soon, either way, in Next. I don't see how they'll keep it going in that.

Of course that means we won't actually see it end until 2013, probably. Fucking seasonals.

Solune

That's just silly, how can a manga be serialized in NEXT. Oh man.

I'm sorta relieved.

Well it's not unlike the situation with Detective Trap moving because it was too popular to remove entirely right? Probably using it to promote NEXT , or some sort of change to the magazines format. But this effectively means that Nura's schedule will be changed, maybe due to something with Hiroshi specifically.

It's all my baseless speculation anyways.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Naruto

Ugh.

I like how we get tricked into thinking something will happen, and then we get the 100th retelling of Itachi's stupid flashback, revealing nothing new.

Also, Kishimoto's art is either strangely inconsistent (or this is intentional), but Tobi is like a foot and a half taller than Itachi here.
Itachi probably went through a growth spurt in the intervening time?

PK Gaming

Naruto

Boring and terrible. The flashback was alright but everything else was shit. I hate how kishi cuts it off every time Naruto's fight is shown. Also it looks the edo's are really gone for good... welp what a waste.

Bleach

Lol Bleach (a.k.a boring and terrible). BTW, I figured by now that lieutenants other than Renji and that other loser would have achieved bankai by now. Guess not.

One Piece

tumblr_m5gg6c3i7w1qlkggu.gif

Man Shonen Wednesday's suck without OP.

[One Piece

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5gg6c3i7w1qlkggu.gif[/ig]

Man Shonen Wednesday's suck without OP.[/QUOTE]

I technically did have OP on this Wednesday, watched Jaya arc and the first part of skypeia...Luffy v Bellamy was epic as well as Flying Merry into Skypeia, its amazing. They spared no expense at making the adaptation more memorable than the manga.

I finally dropped Naruto and Bleach a couple months ago. Feels good.

In retrospect, OP was never as good after the crew initially split up. Before that I had it as my all time favorite, ahead of stuff like Nausicaa, School Rumble, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Detective Conan, Yotsuba&!, Cross Game, Berserk, Gantz, Blade of the Immortal, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, YYH, Hunter X Hunter, ... still like it a lot, but it's not eye-popping good anymore.

The hardest one to wait for right now is Detective Conan. Really, really hoping for something clever in this current plot. It's been such a long wait and finally here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Bleach

Unohana knows who to swing with two hands; she's got nothing to worry about.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Narutu F

Bleach F

FLEE!

Officially less clever than DTL.

Bleach

Dear Tite Kubo: Nobody cares about the Quincy. They are not compelling at all, and their appearance is just you taking a minor plot point that wasn't interesting and pretending that it is now important. Your grasp of German is worse than your grasp of English.

survivor

Banned
Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School

Generic uninspired boring trash with ugly art style. Why do all the webtoons I have come across have the same shitty art style?

Bleach

Dear Tite Kubo: Nobody cares about the Quincy. They are not compelling at all, and their appearance is just you taking a minor plot point that wasn't interesting and pretending that it is now important. Your grasp of German is worse than your grasp of English.

Talk about yourself. The quincies are much more interesting than the arrancar. At the very least there´s a huge bad blood between the 2. There have been bad blood for a long time. The quincy shinigami war has always showed the dark side of both shinigami and quincies. It´s great that Kubo has highlighted that the Gotei 13´s wrong doing throughout this manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom