• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
2 people dealing for the whole run of the series with loneliness and abandonment issues getting some affection is plot.

Well yes. Ghouls with ghouls that is. Ghouls x human is a much more complicated affair and who the hell knows how Kaneki, as an artificial hybrid, works in this scenario.

It's a development yes but he didn't need to spend 20 pages on it. This manga's extremely aimless as is. You can feel the stretching out.

Boruto has been more enjoyable manga/anime then Naruto was for a large stretch of its run. Knowing the hardcore Naruto fans don't like it further justifies this since they objectively had bad taste.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I still don't get why the Boruto anime even exists yet. It's a monthly manga that has barely any chapters out with a weekly anime. were looking at 75-90% filler almost right from the start. I suppose they just don't give a shit

I still don't get why the Boruto anime even exists yet. It's a monthly manga that has barely any chapters out with a weekly anime. were looking at 75-90% filler almost right from the start. I suppose they just don't give a shit

I don't think it's that hard. The anime takes place before the movie with academy stuff. These aren't fillers. That's a really incorrect word for it. It's the Boruto story. It's canon.

Nobody knows how to use the word filler these days anyway.

Moaradin

The Boruto manga doesn't even matter here. The anime is pretty much a Dragon Ball Super type of situation.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The Boruto manga doesn't even matter here. The anime is pretty much a Dragon Ball Super type of situation.

Does it not follow the manga largely? I mean It starts te same way the manga does. Unless it's actually able to surpass the manga story wise it's pretty much the same thing. Unless they're going about completely contradicting what happened in the manga.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 125 -

Honestly I kind of expected Ishida to just gloss over the whole thing, not use the whole damn chapter for this LOL.

Umm yeah, it totally is. Even with the series' decline, it was still one of the top ranking manga in Jump, and regularly one of the best selling manga in Japan. In the US it was still straight up the most streamed anime on Crunchyroll and still remained among the best selling manga going into its conclusion.

Taruranto

Watamote #115

icsC21a.png

Aww, they grow up so fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tokyo Ghoul Re 125
Fuckin lmao
You wanted romantic development, well there it is lol
Given this series I was expecting them to start eating each other half way through
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just assume Touka dies within the next 3 chapters

JulianImp

Edit: Welp, wrong side of the conversation.

Aizawa-san Multiplies
Read it all on a whim, and while it was decent-ish, I'd say Aizawa's split personalities could've done much more than they did, and while I did like how things were working at the start, the whole thing escalated way too fast into a marriage proposal, and then there was the thing about Tomoko being a manifestation of the future son/daughter they'd have together, which was a bit too much for me.

Helck - #80
Wow, I really didn't expect that plot twist.

...And I'm still wondering if Piwi won't end up getting to do something besides being the token team pet.

MANUELF

Banned
Umm yeah, it totally is. Even with the series' decline, it was still one of the top ranking manga in Jump, and regularly one of the best selling manga in Japan. In the US it was still straight up the most streamed anime on Crunchyroll and still remained among the best selling manga going into its conclusion.
I was talking about the anime

Not exactly. There is no script written by Kishi for either to follow.

I can't understand the logic behind that decision. The way the guy recreates the characters is really atrocious.

Ikemoto made a one shot which got a lot of fan mail but was scrapped so he could help Kishi with Naruto, which he worked on for over a decade as an assistant. I guess Kishi feels guilty so allowed him to do this monthly version. Ikemoto originally wanted to recreate Naruto.

Yeah, still ranks at the top of a lot anime streaming sites.

RangerBAD

Black Lagoon 88 brought to you by Re-Creators. Thanks Re-Creators for getting Hiroe Rei out of bed to do something other than doujin and bringing back Black Lagoon.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 12

Cameo! So there's still hope for some of the best idols to infiltrate the art department, if only temporarily. Not hugely enthused at reading an arc about Haru learning the mysteries of skirts, but it can't be worse than the previous one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As phaze said, this whole scene (all twenty pages of it) is the plot. Both of these characters have been starved of positive and healthy relationships. Whether it be with friends, family or lovers. Kaneki, was straight up abused by his mother before she died and then the first girl he asked on a date tried to eat him. Whereas Touka has seen everyone she loves run to places where she couldn't catch them, first with her father, then Ayato and then Kaneki. This, if it was going to happen, needed to be a chapter in length, not as some sort of odd voyeur chapter, but to show/convey how awkward/messed up they are, and how being with each other gives some stability, comfort and purpose to their lives.

It was a cute, beautiful and also a very awkward scene, but it was meant to be one. So well done Ishida for portraying a somewhat realistic love scene.

Touka's faces when they start is b***dy priceless. xD

Don't get me wrong, it's not problematic that characters had have been dancing around it for 200 odd chapters finally get it on.

It's just ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) as fuck.

Don't get me wrong, it's not problematic that characters had have been dancing around it for 200 odd chapters finally get it on.

I spent like, ten minutes? Trying to find the origin and meaning of that face. Now I wished I hadn't. But, I do however agree, it is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) as fuck.

phaze

It's a development yes but he didn't need to spend 20 pages on it. This manga's extremely aimless as is. You can feel the stretching out.

:re feels rushed at times if anything so I can't say spending 20 pages on a pretty pivotal moment bothers me.

5 years worth of anticipation.

You can tell Ishida really likes the pairing and he was probably real glad he could finally go to town with it.

Kyuur

Really? To me if anything there's been too much skipping around and not devoting time to scenes, not the opposite. This chapter was perfect.

orochi91

Tokyo Ghoul re: 125

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

This is the most blatant death flag(s?) I've ever seen.

I'm happy this happened, but anxious as hell now for the next several chapters.

D:

Angry Grimace

Really? To me if anything there's been too much skipping around and not devoting time to scenes, not the opposite. This chapter was perfect.
Spending 20 pages on a thing everyone wanted to see seems just fine to me.

Fbh

Fairy tail

At this point mashima just has to be losing interest right?.

I mean, a punch with the power of friendship has allways been at the core of fairy tail but this has to be one of the lamest big fights in the entire manga.

This big fight they have been hyping for like a billion chapters between the main character and the strongest mage ever in God form was literally just them punching each other.
I guess that's it. After 500 chapters of an action manga about magic the end point of their evolution as fighters is that they punch harder now.

How much of Sarada is in Boruto and is she relevant

if she is i would possibly check it out , but if its mainly Boruto then that shit can fuck off.

Not very much. So far she has been less relevant than either Sasuke or Sakura in the original

Dandte

Fairy tail

At this point mashima just has to be losing interest right?.

I mean, a punch with the power of friendship has allways been at the core of fairy tail but this has to be one of the lamest big fights in the entire manga.

This big fight they have been hyping for like a billion chapters between the main character and the strongest mage ever in God form was literally just them punching each other.
I guess that's it. After 500 chapters of an action manga about magic the end point of their evolution as fighters is that they punch harder now.

Not very much. So far she has been less relevant than either Sasuke or Sakura in the original

It looks like I'm the only one who is bothered how
Acnologia
was taken out.

Well good bye Fairy Tail and Hello Black Torch.

Zweizer

Banned
Moee-chan wa Ki ni Shinai ch4

Death of the mind is but a trifle matter. RIP friendship.

Shin Kurosawa ch57

I gotta say, these two fit right in today's world.

lmao

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch21-21.5

That was pretty close. At least she's determined to see it through.

Chase17

World Trigger 86-164
Have really enjoyed this series. Now I get to wait for the hiatus to end with everyone else....

For an arc that is about half of the series, and will probably be 100 chapters long by the time it ends, it's been pretty well paced. Can't think of any point where it's really dragged, helps that there have been so many character introductions and a mini invasion to break things up tough.

I appreciate the slow burn they are doing with Chika and the even slower burn with Osamu. Kuga is carrying things but I the team dynamic is handled pretty well. I think they do just enough in each match to feel useful and show their minor growth between each match. The whole trion body thing is great here, since even if it's just rank matches, these fights can get really tense. Favorite match was probably the one vs Nasu and Ko's teams. Underwater KO hype.

I think by the end of this arc Chika will have developed greatly. We are in for the long haul with Osamu though lol (which is good). Was kind of a tough spot to catch up with the start of a new match and the new member joining the team.

The Yotaro Hyuse bond is amazing.

DemWalls

I think the idea itself is pretty neat, theoretically. Just the fists, like real men, could be epic if done right. But, quite simply, Mashima doesn't have the talent to pull it off.

A.J.

Banned
World Trigger 86-164
Have really enjoyed this series. Now I get to wait for the hiatus to end with everyone else....

For an arc that is about half of the series, and will probably be 100 chapters long by the time it ends, it's been pretty well paced. Can't think of any point where it's really dragged, helps that there have been so many character introductions and a mini invasion to break things up tough.

I appreciate the slow burn they are doing with Chika and the even slower burn with Osamu. Kuga is carrying things but I the team dynamic is handled pretty well. I think they do just enough in each match to feel useful and show their minor growth between each match. The whole trion body thing is great here, since even if it's just rank matches, these fights can get really tense. Favorite match was probably the one vs Nasu and Ko's teams. Underwater KO hype.

I think by the end of this arc Chika will have developed greatly. We are in for the long haul with Osamu though lol (which is good). Was kind of a tough spot to catch up with the start of a new match and the new member joining the team.

The Yotaro Hyuse bond is amazing.
Any person that appreciates the slow burn of Chika and Osamu is a friend of mine. Also if you want to some ore I highly recommend checking out the volume extras and the databook since Ashihara does great extra work that's generally pretty funny. As a preface you can read the fan scanlation of the databook conscious free since Viz isn't going to translate it.
http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/bbf-worldtrigger
You can also find Chippo's volume extras work on the same tumblr if you can't get your hands on the volumes.

Top Bottom