• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

upandaway

Kaguya 29

cG8y4m5.jpg

Does the author have something against table tennis, what

Viz Shonen Jump 5/22/17

My Hero Academia

Man this is freaking hype, I hope we see more of these kinds of operations going forward. Its fun to see cops with weak/bad/no quirks working alongside the heroes.

Food Wars

I wonder if Isshiki is throwing this match for the sake of motivating the team and teaching them a lesson they'll need to win in the end. It seems strange that central got an italian expert and they're not gonna have him battle Aldini before this team match ends.

Robot X Laserbeam

Man how conveient the opponent cheated in such a way that it lets the new guy show off his signature shot. Zzzzz very tempted to drop this since it has no redeeming qualities.

Black Clover

I really wish Black Clover would have let this arc develop more, everyone including Asta figuring this shit out so quickly kinda killed the cleverness of the set up. At least these chapters have still been enjoyable.

Dr Stone

The translation called this Senku's final gift, maybe he truly is dead. Would take some serious balls for the series to kill not only it's main lead but first major antagonist this quickly. Glad Yuzuriha got to do something besides be a damsel in distress.

The Promised Neverland

Yep this is truly a full survival series now this is exactly the kind of situation you'd see in a 7 seeds though obviously made less complicated due to being a shonen and the protagonist being kids. Looking forward to seeing how the kids get out of this situation.

We Never Learn

Oh man now we have a b tier harem member? Bahhh, at least we have confirmation that Ritsu likely has developed feelings for Yuiga.

YGO Arc V

This shit is getting way too complicated for it's own good. It's hard to follow the duel when half a chapter is spent on some flash back and not on the promised gimmick of "oh crap I took over a duel half way through how did he plan to win?"

Viz Shonen Jump 5/22/17

My Hero Academia

Man this is freaking hype, I hope we see more of these kinds of operations going forward. Its fun to see cops with weak/bad/no quirks working alongside the heroes.

Food Wars

I wonder if Isshiki is throwing this match for the sake of motivating the team and teaching them a lesson they'll need to win in the end. It seems strange that central got an italian expert and they're not gonna have him battle Aldini before this team match ends.

Robot X Laserbeam

Man how conveient the opponent cheated in such a way that it lets the new guy show off his signature shot. Zzzzz very tempted to drop this since it has no redeeming qualities.

Black Clover

I really wish Black Clover would have let this arc develop more, everyone including Asta figuring this shit out so quickly kinda killed the cleverness of the set up. At least these chapters have still been enjoyable.

Dr Stone

The translation called this Senku's final gift, maybe he truly is dead. Would take some serious balls for the series to kill not only it's main lead but first major antagonist this quickly. Glad Yuzuriha got to do something besides be a damsel in distress.

The Promised Neverland

Yep this is truly a full survival series now this is exactly the kind of situation you'd see in a 7 seeds though obviously made less complicated due to being a shonen and the protagonist being kids. Looking forward to seeing how the kids get out of this situation.

We Never Learn

Oh man now we have a b tier harem member? Bahhh, at least we have confirmation that Ritsu likely has developed feelings for Yuiga.

YGO Arc V

This shit is getting way too complicated for it's own good. It's hard to follow the duel when half a chapter is spent on some flash back and not on the promised gimmick of "oh crap I took over a duel half way through how did he plan to win?"

Ishikki said he was going to crush the guy, so him throwing the match is unlikely

upandaway

Dr Stone

What would it have left though? He's pretty much the face of the manga (like, he's the dr stone) right now. They'd have to start from scratch with the manga's entire appeal if they remove him from the story.

(I'm just entertaining the thought but there's really no way it's happening)

KillerBEA

Fairy Tail 536

Disappointing end to a terrible arc. A little sad about
Ichiya dying

Don't see it lasting more than 3-4 chapters at this point.

My Hero Academia 138

Finally caught up. The build up was intense and slow but the ensuing chaos/battle should be amazing. Such an amazing series.

Promised Neverland 39
Good chapter, not amazing but sets a nice tone that the outside world is not going to be friendly.

One Piece 865
Looking forward to the flashback and the ensuing chaos on Whole Cake.

Fairy Tail 536

Another reason why Fairy tails sucks fucking ass. What the hell was that ending? The power of his "wild emotions." Excuse me? I have never hated the main cast of a show as much as with Fairy Tail. Natsu and Erza has to be the most bullshit characters I've ever come across. How does wild emotions overcome space time? How? I regret ever starting to read this horseshit in high school. I'm obligated o see the ending Hiro will undoubtedly butcher.

The only redeeming quality is the art.
Flames of Emotion has been around since the very beginning.

Also Promised Neverland prediction: The year the kids were taught isn't actually the year the series takes place in. It's actually far farther in the future. Thus why books stop at around 2015 in series, but Isabella was supposedly born like a year earlier. She actually wasn't, it's just the years they were taught are lies

Ascheroth

What would it have left though? He's pretty much the face of the manga (like, he's the dr stone) right now. They'd have to start from scratch with the manga's entire appeal if they remove him from the story.

No, the Dr Stone is the soap.

Also Promised Neverland prediction: The year the kids were taught isn't actually the year the series takes place in. It's actually far farther in the future. Thus why books stop at around 2015 in series, but Isabella was supposedly born like a year earlier. She actually wasn't, it's just the years they were taught are lies

I thought the book is a fiction adventure novel.

Chase17

Platinum End 1-18

This is really good like 5% of the time and kind of loses me elsewhere. First couple of chapters were really interesting then chapter 12 was great too. Think it is at it's best when focusing on the character's depression/striving for happiness. Loses me a bit with all of the costumed fight nonsense.

They are probably about to meet up with the other survivor group. Just throw a replacement Senku in there. Crazy smart kid scientists per capita were at a record high prior to the stone world!

diaspora

Fairy Tail 536

Another reason why Fairy tails sucks fucking ass. What the hell was that ending? The power of his "wild emotions." Excuse me? I have never hated the main cast of a show as much as with Fairy Tail. Natsu and Erza has to be the most bullshit characters I've ever come across. How does wild emotions overcome space time? How? I regret ever starting to read this horseshit in high school. I'm obligated o see the ending Hiro will undoubtedly butcher.

The only redeeming quality is the art.

didn't you watch interstellar?

Yuzumori-san 18.1

Kudos to Mimika for building up her RES enough to escape the gravitational field and keep her desires in check. On Yuzumori's side the only stat that seems to be increasing is DEP. Which stands for dependence. Ok, it's not a real stat.

Platinum End 1-18

This is really good like 5% of the time and kind of loses me elsewhere. First couple of chapters were really interesting then chapter 12 was great too. Think it is at it's best when focusing on the character's depression/striving for happiness. Loses me a bit with all of the costumed fight nonsense.

But the stadium showdown was the best moment. How could you dislike costumed fighting :(

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 32

Man, I expected the princess's negative karma to eventually come back to bite her, but this was far too cruel a punishment. Maybe she'll learn a valuable lesson from this and behave until next Christmahahahaha

Chase17

Platinum End 19
Some uh...interesting design choices.
Using the white arrow on the virus was a pretty clever resolution. I'm still waiting on Trump mask guy to come into play lol.

I've really like Nanato's character. It is going to be sad when he goes.

But the stadium showdown was the best moment. How could you dislike costumed fighting :(
You're right. The stadium part is one of the best stretches of the manga. I definitely downplayed how much I like the series/costume fights since I wrote that right after the chapters introducing Saki's dumb cat costume lol. The costume fights aren't bad, just a lot less compelling to me than the interactions with angels, questions of morality, and the candidates new hope/life after suicide attempts.

We never learn 14

I don't think Ogata is going to be able to concentrate much on studying. I wonder how long it will take until she accepts she like Yuiga.

parallel paradise 8

Yeah, this is still kinda dumb.

Will still read next chapter.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 253

Why would you even try to catch someone's vomit while it's flying out their mouth

At a lost for words over that one.

Sciel

Kono Oto Tomare 1-54.

Stayed up till 4 in order to marathon all available chapters.

How have i not heard of this manga up till now?.

Its so good! Its like a cross between Chihayafuru and Your Lie in April (while omitting most of the melodrama).

Secret Yuri Salon 2: Friends Course (NSFW doujin)

TDMlTIK.png

Mira x yuri x salon x sequel x xxx. It's a similar experience to its predecessor, but more educational this time around, demonstrating massage techniques that can be used at home between friends. I hope those two remain great friends for years to come.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch150

This has to be the best on-screen performance of Yoshida yet.

Prison School ch253

Hana x Chiyo new best couple!

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch32

She was so nice that day too. Surely that has to count for something.

Yuzumori-san ch18.1

It's good that Mimika knows when to restrain herself.

Konya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine ch10-11

Here come the shady organizations. I expect Hayashi to fall for him at some point.

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko ch24

Inadvertently, he became every bit as shameless as her.

Well, almost.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch33

Such friendly cooperation.

Akatsuki No Yona Ch141: I'm not liking the looks of this. Really hoping it doesn't mess up her plans, I mean, she's been working really hard an all...

Hajime no Ippo 1179-1181:

HOLY SHIT!!! Ippo ended(?) that in the quickness!!(2 punches) was really hoping the fight would go this way as him getting in the usual sluggfest would've really killed all momentum of the training he's been doing.

hopefully that's is the end of the fight, Ippo clearly outclassed that man after 2 rounds of rust.

I don't know who draws these put Hajime no ippo has some of the best panels out there!!

bobohoro

Ippo 1181

Glad it didn't end up disappointing, could've fooled me with that start.
That said, kid still has to get up, still needs his sappy enduring-for-the-family moment and get obliterated by the new dempsey roll afterwards.
Writing it out like that, this is one cruel setup.

Monster Perfect Edition [END]

Have to say, I had better memories of the manga overall. It's still a really good mystery thriller and there are some amazing characters in there, like Lunge,Grimmer and Johann at his most evil, but still, most of the caster feels a bit one-note and underdeveloped.
Tenma for example could have used a few more lines later on to work out his character better. While it was nice seeing him interact with various medical staff around Germany, the struggle between saving and taking life could've used a bit more depth.
Johann is in a similar position. In keeping him mysterious and aloof, he ended up a bit aimless and erratic in the end. Which is probably because the whole backstory and ending arc are probably the weakest part of the manga.

Still, especially in the first half it was a very gripping read and remained strong throughout thanks to a pretty great supporting cast. Definitely a classic.

Also started reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer again, two chapters in and already overcome by nostalgic emotions.

Ippo 1181

Glad it didn't end up disappointing, could've fooled me with that start.
That said, the kid still has to get up, still needs his sappy enduring-for-the-family moment and get obliterated by the new dempsey roll afterwards.
Writing it out like that, this is one cruel setup.

But so delectible.

barber

ARIFURETA SHOKUGYOU DE SEKAI SAIKYOU: 1-12
"oh look another manga about a bunch of kids getting transported to an alternate world. and a beautiful girl of the main group wants his dick SOOOO ORIIIIGINAL. Aha, the MC is totally useless? Betrayal? Gore? Absorbtion of skills? Hey it could be a decent manga" (300 year lolicon vampire appears) "Oh well it was a good run"

And i think Ippo's fight is over, that fall down was brutal! otherwise it would be:
flashback->standup->oh look he can fight back -> LOL DEMPSEY ROLL BIATCH
which by this manga style should be around 5 chapters at least... So let the fight be over and safe the dempsey roll for a bigger fight, not wasting your ubermove now.

Goblin Slayer is good, that guy really hates goblins and is smart as fuck (THAT SCROLL)

ARIFURETA SHOKUGYOU DE SEKAI SAIKYOU: 1-12
"oh look another manga about a bunch of kids getting transported to an alternate world. and a beautiful girl of the main group wants his dick SOOOO ORIIIIGINAL. Aha, the MC is totally useless? Betrayal? Gore? Absorption of skills? Hey it could be a decent manga" (300-year lolicon vampire appears) "Oh well it was a good run"

As someone who's read the light novels, you don't know the half of it.
Let's just say his daughter - who technically has like, seven? mothers - saves the American president, or something...

barber

Let's just say his daughter - who technically has like, seven? mothers - saves the American president, or something...

That just gave me a Kaikaku flashback of how the hell did we end up
fighting super aryans in the moon
. Man that was a really shitty things of what could have been a decent Re:monster and Tate no Yuusha mix.

Ascheroth

Lol, wtf.
I dropped it a while after the dungeon arc, because it just got shittier and shittier.
Felt like the author had a good idea with the first arc that basically shaped the MCs character but then... had no idea what to do with this personality and couldn't even commit to it.

Zweizer

Banned
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch23

Well that explains her motives. She's pretty sharp though, only getting a few details wrong.

So mature too.

Okusan ch46

Nonomiya is pretty much Okusan's substitute husband huh. Dat phone boob ride.

Paraiso ch7

Insects must love exhibitionists.

That just gave me a Kaikaku flashback of how the hell did we end up
fighting super aryans in the moon
. Man that was a really shitty things of what could have been a decent Re:monster and Tate no Yuusha mix.

Funny thing is, I enjoyed the dumbness of the end game of it, as it wasn't too bad. However, it got to ridiculous levels after the MC's goal had been achieved.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ippo

At the start I swear I was ready to drop this series again. But I know I'm a sack of shit and would come back anyways.

I've read too much to ever quit this shit. I just hope now Ippo has stopped fucking around and is ready to crush the world stage.

Sai

Hajime no Ippo

... That's not it, I hope. o_o Everybody wants to see that new Dempsey Roll!

Also, I could've sworn Ippo has fought against a southpaw before. Maybe not during an actual match, but a spar?

Revo

Hajime no Ippo 1179-1181

Would be too good if we manage to not have to waste too much time on this guy. Just want to get back on track.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime no Ippo 1179-1181

Ippo just beasted that guy with two hits. I'd be OK if he doesn't get back up and we just moved onto the Takamura comedy match.

Ippo

At the start I swear I was ready to drop this series again. But I know I'm a sack of shit and would come back anyways.

I've read too much to ever quit this shit. I just hope now Ippo has stopped fucking around and is ready to crush the world stage.

He'll get to the world stage Kave....just in 3-8 years!

Top Bottom