• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Nanashi no Asterism 23 (END)

Lovely. Not only do I get to digest a lacklustre non-ending to a series that I initially had high hopes for, but I'll also have that irritating song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Tsukasa losing her shit was the chapter's highlight, but it didn't come close to compensating for the absence of basically everything else I wanted to see addressed by the story's end.

Mendrox

Dragon Ball Super - latest
After having pulled out a dumb Gogeta SSJ4 this chapter made the manga ten times more interesting than the anime, i guess this will be the final arc for it since the author said that it was going to end soon.
I still wish this franchise was treated with a little of respect instead of what we got...

Wont end anytime soon mate. Also the manga is full of bullshit itself. This chapter was the worst offender

Dr Stone 12

That was a stupid twist.

LeleSocho

Banned
Wont end anytime soon mate. Also the manga is full of bullshit itself. This chapter was the worst offender

Don't get me wrong i would have preferred having nothing over having Super because it's trash but at least the trash in the manga is better than the trash in the anime

Zweizer

Banned
Nanashi no Asterism ch23 (End) + Bonus

Sigh. They got back together but nothing much beyond that, which is supremely disappointing for an ending to a romance series. Ultimately, Subaru and Asakura got the better part of development and resolution with that bonus chapter.

Anime style Ray would be amazing, norman too.
DArxNGlW0AENbwi.jpg:small
DArxKczW0AAIzqC.jpg:small

bobohoro

Dr. Stone 12

The manga is still nowhere near entertaining enough to warrant a longer run but also not quite as bland as to just drop it. There is potential, but it kinda feels like a few points of the plot already run counter to that.
Let's see if this rewinding twist can help.

One Piece 866

That's certainly one kind of a problem child.
But Linlin is human, right? So was she pne of the earlier experimental research children?

Kyuur

One Piece

Good start for this flashback. I'm liking how Oda is twisting his usual tragic flashback method for the villains since the 2nd half.

My Hero Academia

This manga is much better in the heat of the action. I think the author needs to work on improving the downtime chapters as they're far behind in quality to other similar series.

Dr. Stone

They plot twisted the shit out of it; can't say its unexpected for so early on I guess. I'm actually okay with Senku: using subtle psychological methods to ensure his survival matches his character pretty well. I'm less okay with this "Taiju would never hurt anyone!!!" handicap, although it might make for an interesting Gon-Chimera-Ant moment in the future.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 62

Some great Inosuke lines this chapter.

And now we've got breathing techniques to heal broken blood vessels. Wonder if whoever showed up now will be an upper demon, but it's probably too soon for that.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
A Trail of Blood ch. 7

Well, damn. Those past conversations she suddenly broke out into got me wondering. Not sure if she's having flashbacks or has some sort of multiple personality disorder.

Vampire-chan x Junior-chan 2

This did basically nothing to alter my views from the first chapter. The characters and setup are despairingly mundane, but there was vampiric yuri butt-biting so etc.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (Murata) 75

Didn't quite expect things to go down like that but a pretty good way to end this. Also funny to see humble Suiryu trying to stop Saitama before he gets "hurt".

MANUELF

Banned
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 171
This just seems super interesting to me, I wonder who the principal is

PS: Ore Monogatari has just been anounced to be released in my country <3

wamberz1

Dr Stone 12
Like pretty much everyone thought, dude is alive. Now it seems like it's going to a flashback of when he first woke up?

OPM 75
He did that thing he do

A Trail of Blood 7
I take back what I said before, this chick is fucking nuts.
That extreme close up panel...
12229707.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

I can't wait for the next Polar Star rager after this. Someone in that dorm is gonna get lucky.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao these Fairy Tail spoilers

breaking-news_old_man_asspulled_back_to_life.png

What a fucken loser
Simon is. Only good guy in the entire series to die. And after he died, the girl he loved was stolen by the fucking guy that killed him.

Fell in love with a girl 8 years younger 1-2 (SFW)

Well, at that age it's not such a big deal rather than being a Yuzumori-san situation. Proposing that suddenly is a big deal however, but if this is on (perma?) hiatus then I guess we won't see any of the relational buildup she's talking about. Not that I'd consider it a huge loss, since I feel like this could've been wrapped up fine as it is.

If a lie is not told, it cannot become yuri (Extra) (NSFW doujin)

Already knew from the main story how this turned out, but she's right, they're too compatible to not hookup properly. Even if their initial meeting circumstances were... odd.

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch75

Yep that's Saitama alright.

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch20-21

Well that's explains her personality. Can't say I saw that twist coming, damn.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous ch23

Well he's supposed to be the protagonist, so it stands to reason that his adventure wouldn't stop here.

Fairy Tail Ch537:
Let us have one death! All of this feels so meaningless. I'm not saying every manga/book/movie should have to kill their main characters to be 'good' but not letting anyone important die just shows an utter lack of a spine!

EDIT:

Lost count on which master generation he is now...

3rd, 6th, 8th. I think.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) If a Lie Is Not Told, It Cannot Become Yuri + omake by Ayanero Taicho

Hey, seems like I forgot to mention this one.

Code:
[img]https://s15.postimg.org/44x4hm1qj/02_02.jpg[/img]

A highschool student confesses as a punishment game prank. Everything then goes right and hardcore yuri sex ensues. A valuable story about the importance of honesty and body compatibility.

My Little Princess (One-shot) by Hara Yui

A cute short story about two popular yet different girls, and their special relationship as they get more acquainted with each other. Nothing outlandish, but it'll sate one's cravings of adorable yuri perfectly fine.

Code:
[img]https://s8.postimg.org/g3hqpeqpx/006_01_01.jpg[/img]

It's important to be aware of your surroundings.

Vampire-chan × Junior-chan ch1-2 by Takano Saku

Code:
[img]https://s14.postimg.org/6cxc7dgdd/51_01.png[/img]

Archetypical cast, boring magicalbabble, etc. But hey, there's yuri, lewd vampires, a good bit of smut, and lewd yuri vampire smut, so there's not too much to complain about actually.

Miss Sunflower ch33

Pretty obsessed with books&#8203; even back then.

barber

Robot x Laserbeam: MC and premise is interesting enough for me not to care it is about golf, which is surprising!

And about FT... I mean how many important characters have actually died? they always appear thanks to stupid reason number infinite

EDIT: Is investor Z good? I read only the 50 first chapters and then dropped it due to time issues long ago

barber

So... how many chapters until it goes into hiatus again?

We could make a bet, I would say 7...
I ready like HxH but i don't understand why he continued after Gon completed his objective! He had had long hiatus again and to throw in an even longer next arc (whose premise is pretty nice) only made it worse as we get stopped in pretty key moments for months / years at a time :/

JulianImp

Tsugumomo
I never thought I'd see the day something outharenchi'd TLR Darkness... but here we are.

Talking about the plot (no, not that plot), I did like
how Kanaka killed both Kukuri and Kiriha halfway through the story, but the 3-year timestop to allow Kazuya to train was a pretty lame and generic shounen-style move, and making Kazuya's long-dead mother into another Ragyo (complete with her love for skinship).
The current arc has been pretty meh so far, sadly, but I guess you could chalk it up to the big change in both location and supporting cast that happened a while ago.

Top Bottom