• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Bowl0l

3rd, 6th, 8th. I think.
He's definitely the living legend.

qFZofgr.jpg

Delicious Dungeon is all about eating your way through monsters.

Shengar

I'm going to flooded myself with recommendation considering the type of manga I'm going to ask:

Give me your list of best yuri manga. Serious/wacky tone, and young couples (teens to early twenties) preferable, though I wouldn't decline a really good one outside of that.

Naw I totally expected it, it's just that Mishima had the gall to complain in an interview about how his readers don't believe him when he "kills off" a character. Geez, I wonder why? lol

giphy.gif
Why is it that I can hear Hisoka moan in that gif :'v

Anyways, can't wait. The next best 5 weeks of 2017

Zweizer

Banned
I'm going to flooded myself with recommendation considering the type of manga I'm going to ask:

Give me your list of best yuri manga. Serious/wacky tone, and young couples (teens to early twenties) preferable, though I wouldn't decline a really good one outside of that.

Long time no see Shengar! Glad that you're showing interest in this matter, so without further ado:

Ayame and Amane by Dowman Sayman
Murcielago by Yoshimura Kana
Is My Hobby Weird? by Comaku
Ayame 14 by Amano Shuninta
Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun by Shimazaki
Yurika's Campus Life by Harada Shigemitsu and Seguchi Takahiro
Don't Make Me So Turned On by Comaku
Secret Yuri Salon (and pretty much everything else) by Mira
If A Lie Is Not Told, It Cannot Become Yuri by Ayanero Taicho
A Book about Cuddling Boobs by Sen

Have fun~

For slightly less fun suggestions:

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness by Nagata Kabi
Their Story by Tanjiu
Bloom Into You by Nakatani Nio
Ayame and Amane by Dowman Sayman
Comprehensive Tovarisch by Arata Iri
Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun by Shimazaki
A Kiss And A White Lily by Canno
Magan & Danai by ermuzibu
LOVE/DEATH by Kuzushiro
Swap ⇔ Swap by Tomekichi
Happy Sugar Life by Kagisora Tomiyaki
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon by Cool Kyoushinsha
Kase-san by Takashima Hiromi
Tonari no Robot by Nishi Uko
Nanashi no Asterism by Kobayashi Kina

Have fun regardless~

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 537

Well good that he's finally back, was getting a bit scared that he might have died for good.
Heh.

And Zeref really had to start a war with her guild, kill her friends (well, somehow) and torture the fuck out of her allies to get Mavis to love him, huh? Can't tell who the twisted one is here.

Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer Volume 3&4

This is still so good. Has it all, emotion, humor and somewhat decent action. Above all the characters are just immensely likeable. A+ Shounen manga.

The number of chapters will be equal to how many years ago HxH would have wrapped up in a world where Togashi could survive drawing weekly manga.

Count your blessings if we make it to double digits.

So, so far we have, currently:

Me: Eighteen Chapters.
barber: Seven Chapters.
upandaway: Forty Chapters.
LeleSocho: Ten Chapters.

Any other takers?

EDIT:

A.J.: Nine Chapters.
Stone Ocean: Six Chapters.
Fancolors: Thirteen Chapters.
B-Dubs Eleven Chapters.
8 X 11 Printer Paper: Thirteen Chapters.
Moaradin: Eleven Chapters.
FlowerisBritish: Eight Chapters.
MANUELF: Twelve Chapters.

Madoka Magica - My Magic is Fortune Telling (SFW short)
Well yeah, that's a natural consequence of hooking up with Homura. Her recruitment strategy here might actually have been more successful than a bunch of her anime attempts. I blame Mami and/or Sayaka.

Seconding a bunch of Zweizer's recs, particularly Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun and Yurika's Campus Life. If you like Madoka (and why wouldn't you), read anything by Maitake. Otherwise:

Short:
What Would You Do If You Were to Die Tomorrow?
Rapunzel
Scandal
Fleurir (2nd half)
Shitto na Watashi to Shikku na Aitsu
Reversal
Witches of the Forest of Solitude
Out of the Blue / Fleeing from my Best Friend

Longer:
Turned into a Breast Milk Fountain by a Beautiful Vampire
Silver Gymnasium
Yuzumori-san
Shitsurakuen
Cocytus / Moratorium
Mugen no Minamo ni
Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu
Sayuri's Little Sister is an Angel

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Any other takers?

EDIT:

I say 11 chapters. Just enough for a new volume.

Isekai Goumon Hime 1
An MC fulfils my lifelong dream of being summoned by a sadistic torture princess. I'm usually the first to vomit at isekai manga, particularly if they're light novel adaptations, but this heroine is pressing all my buttons, ticking all my boxes and ironing all my maidens. The haphazard info-dumping in this opening chapter doesn't exactly inspire faith for future storytelling, but followed regardless to see the extent of the star's torturous arsenal.

Tejina Senpai 50

OH MY GOD SENPAI IS MARRIED ALREADY. Romance has never really been a major element of this manga so I'll be be shocked if he's her SO and/or this leads to any developments on that front.

Numb

Isekai Goumon Hime 1

An MC fulfils my lifelong dream of being summoned by a sadistic torture princess. I'm usually the first to vomit at isekai manga, particularly if they're light novel adaptations, but this heroine is pressing all my buttons, ticking all my boxes and ironing all my maidens. The haphazard info-dumping in this opening chapter doesn't exactly inspire faith for future storytelling, but followed regardless to see the extent of the star's torturous arsenal.

I had to google to make sure this was Fremd Torturchen
It's good shit

Zweizer

Banned
Tejina Senpai ch50

Despite everything, senpai surprisingly still has some sort of social life. Maybe.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch26

Rokudou has guts when he wants to.

Moaradin

Any other takers?

EDIT:

B-Dubs Eleven Chapters.
8 X 11 Printer Paper: Thirteen Chapters.

Is it too late to get in on this? Cause Im saying Eight chapters

Nope. And noted.

Though admittedly, we haven't really set out any rules or deadlines... or anything. Suggestions?

Break Blade Ch88.5: Welp, now that was quite depressing.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Ch18: Still my favourite romance manga. And, probably will be for a long time to come.

barber

RIP panda.

Would Keijo even be a punishment?
Should have said 10 but 7 is good enough for me, I am sure i wont be the worst (like 40 week is nearly a year!!! that is believing if I had ever seen it)
About punishment I would be more in favour of the winner getting a "price" (whatever it is) and the worst offender being punished (by for example reading -> Quote to reveal)

Zweizer

Banned
Would Keijo even be a punishment?
About punishment I would be more in favour of the winner getting a "price" (whatever it is) and the worst offender being punished (by for example reading -> Quote to reveal

It's not, but I'm feeling merciful today, and there's heaps of heathens here that are unable to appreciate its greatness so forcing them to discover it would be a good win-win situation for everyone.

Demoli

Mob Psycho 100 99

GODDAMN

One Punch Man Tournment arc

Much better than anticipated, enjoyed suiryu and all the other fighters.

Fancolors

Everyone should watch the 99 adaptation of HxH should no one get the chapters right.

edit: alternatively, read Nana. Because there's nothing better to fill an unfinished story than another unfinished story

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Berserk This awful to say, but Berserk this last decade has been "meh" It wasn't until this chapter and all of the memories that come with it, and just how god damn good this arc has been that I really looked back on how wasted that decade felt. I am kind of shocked at how the story is actually moving forward. We might actually be moving towards and ending... we might one day actually see an end to Berserk.....

Nanatsu no Taizai I miss apathetic Gowther already. All his smiling is so off-putting. Besides Escanor, I already don't care about this new arc. I'll care once all seven sins move together against the remaining demons, but until then I'm just yawning at this downtime.

One Punch Man I guess that was kinda funny. Saitama really is the most uninteresting character in this entire cast though. I'd much rather it was another S class hero that came and saved the day.

Madoka Magica - Mami-san's Magic (SFW short)

l6g49RO.png

If you're going to turn someone down, it's wise to let them keep their dignity. Unless they're Sayaka. It's unusual to see Mami get any love in the Maitakeverse, better hope it doesn't go to her
h___

Zweizer

Banned
Paraiso ch8

Nudism sure is deep.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch49

The student council is finally on the move. Shino is going to have a rough time until Kagyu comes back.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch33

That was one weridly romantic depiciton of fire and flowers, which surprisingly makes for a good mix in this case.

Lily Love ch32 (End)

Yay the ending. There really wasn't any story threads left to explore, so the conclusion felt like a natural outcome. Shame the relationship between Ice Cube and P'Loy didn't get much more elaboration, but overall it was a cute ending for a cute series without pretense.

Tokyo Ghoul :re Ch126: Wasn't really sure what to expect after last week, but this was nice. Glad everyone
Except Kiyoko.
seems to be alive, and doing well.

dramatis

Nope. And noted.

Though admittedly, we haven't really set out any rules or deadlines... or anything. Suggestions?
Deadline for betting is when HxH starts.

Obviously, we'll know the answer when it goes on hiatus.

We can be generous and not count "one week off" (or 2) as hiatus, but any more than 2, it's marked.

Magia Record Reports p18-22
Make vegetables, not war. It'll be oddly hilarious if they actually have run out of material to cover and we get gardening tips for the next month. Though I'd rather have some SoL featuring the new characters.

Top Bottom