• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Busaiku

Is Love & Lies the only harem series with a gay, non-crossdressing (besides the play) male lead (obviously unrequited).

JulianImp

TWGOK - Up to ch191
Damn, all these chapters were so colsely linked together that I just couldn't stop reading like I did at the end of every girl's arc before. This is actually a pretty great action romcom!

Also, things are going to get interesting now that Katsuragi's formally engaged to Ayumi, since her parents saw him proposing to her on the roof (before they got bored, though) and I don't think he should be able to get out of that as easily as with the other girls as a result. He apparently is still completely detatched from reality when it comes to love, though.

Now I've finally caught up on all the chapters I had unlocked in advance, so I'm back to unlocking eight chapters a day from now on.

Helck - ch98
Helck's going to need one hell of a cooldown hug after all this shit he's going through. An running out of magic means he's the only one able to stop the other guy, and with Ororon wounded it looks like the messenger girl might not get there in time to relay Asdra's message.

Slow Motion wo Mou Ichi Do - ch34
Sonoko to the rescue? I'm not too fond of dumb misunderstandings like these, but hopefully Yakushimaru and Otaki get to work things out soon.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Horimiya ch80

Being able to have some friction, and then solve it is necessary for any healthy relationship after all.

img000008ios6k.png

lol

Legit evil. Though I'm sure Miyamura probably wouldn't care.

Arabesque

There was a manhua that took place during Li Shimin's early reign but I didn't get further than one chapter because it wasn't really historical and the main character was a girl who wanted revenge on Li Shimin. I think it was called Chang Ge Xing.

Seems to be closer to historical fiction, but I'm intrigued. Thanks for the suggestion.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
last time i read horimiya they were awkwardly pretending they didn't like each other

and now there's pregnancy jokes

seems i missed a lot

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 35

eMVNHqg.png

That warm feeling when you open the gates of hell to heat your pot noodle. I'm fully onboard with the princess's decimation of the party's camping spirit. If it wasn't already obvious, inferring anything from her acts of 'kindness' is incredibly unwise.

LeleSocho

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc - 13

Am i the only one who thinks this is moving a little too fast? So many cards in so little time...

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch35

The Princess has been relatively helpful for once. Really, it's his own fault for not taking advantage of her help and make proper use of the fire.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch596

Maybe that'll push Aizawa towards ripping Jun a new one.

Hungry Marie ch15

Little has changed from back then, huh.

convo

Started rading Beastars because i heard the author was the daughter of Itagaki Keisuke known for grappler Baki. So i was curious how that would go. Always wonder how much the children of manga authors learn from their parents when they choose the same profession. Got some chapters to catch up to.
Beastars is really thoughtful series and could get more popular once people get over potential animal boning.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Btw this is a dwarf rabbit
12610993_f520.jpg

I hope this mental image helps.

Innocent Devil 5

I've always assumed Touko had a screw loose because of her fixation with the devils, but after this chapter I'm starting to wonder if she isn't more fucked up than her lovable assistant(s). It's certainly a perspective that the author seems to be encouraging with some of those panels. At the very least, she doesn't have the inherent psychological dysfunction excuse of her research subjects.

Also it'd be great if this one-sided Friendship Between Girls wasn't going to end in murd- welp. Akane only has eyes for her sensei anyway. In basically any other series I'd be glad she's getting a new theoretical teammate for support, but I'm not convinced that camaraderie between devils is a thing here, or that Miyori's going to intervene if her life isn't being immediately threatened.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Promised Neverland Loving these designs. And the touch of religion. And the implications I'm a little bummed we're about to get a lore dump because I think this series does a fantastic job of weaving in world details seamless through little hints in the dialogue and visual cues/elements. Still really curious for a straight up explanation though.

Hungry Marie And so now we have the cast assembled. I'm surprised at how well the flashback was done. Not too long, super in character, offers questions and hints at more to come. Really really good. But mostly I just want this to survive long enough for a proper run through this big arc. Also, if this is getting canned soon, it doesn't feel like it, the manga feels like it's just going through at its own pace without any worries at all.

Promised Neverland Loving these designs. And the touch of religion. And the implications I'm a little bummed we're about to get a lore dump because I think this series does a fantastic job of weaving in world details seamless through little hints in the dialogue and visual cues/elements. Still really curious for a straight up explanation though.

Hungry Marie And so now we have the cast assembled. I'm surprised at how well the flashback was done. Not too long, super in character, offers questions and hints at more to come. Really really good. But mostly I just want this to survive long enough for a proper run through this big arc. Also, if this is getting canned soon, it doesn't feel like it, the manga feels like it's just going through at its own pace without any worries at all.

Red sprite didn't really feel like it was rushing towards an canned ending either, it basically ended with a "the story continued..." which is the worst

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
caught up with horimiya... damn things really took off just after where i left off last time i read this

any other good series with a similar level of comfiness?

bigkrev

Harukaze no Étranger 11

wIBN6SV.png

Ah, the plight of a writer. Glad to see that Shun is considering leaving the profession towards the end of the chapter. Also, the revelation that the hotel at the Onsen is closer to the house than the love hotels they have been going to (and is a lot nicer) will probably be a good thing, even if the love scene this chapter was kind of mediocre.

Zweizer

Banned
So pure~

Like the opposite of Zweizer.

Zweizer is pure, just in the opposite manner. Never has been corrupted by non-smut.

Can you really be considered pure if you deny your very existence, which is to shag?

I rest my case.

caught up with horimiya... damn things really took off just after where i left off last time i read this

any other good series with a similar level of comfiness?

Husky and Medley
Bright and Cheery Amnesia
Magan & Danai
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Kase-san

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch67

One doesn't simply let down their precious daughter. Still, it's nice to see how much Nitta cares about Anzu.

The power of Anzu's smile is fearsome indeed.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch43

They chose the wrong neighborhood to mess with.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch597

Bully not so tough after being taught a lesson by cotton candy.

Owari no Serafu
DEYgtL9XkAAjjm2.jpg:small

Okay best YuuMika moment, but also the other moment after Mika got angry over being called little mikaela.

I love Yu excitement even in this time of danger, like still exciting to get trained.

Hoping for the best, though I imagine he will still lose control against this fifth progenitor.

dani_dc

Hinamatsuri 67

Anju truly is every father's dream daughter.

Poor girl has to try hard at everything in life just to stay at bay, even her drawings aren't good despite all the effort she puts in them.

Seems like the only two things she's good at is making an effort and putting a smile in people faces :)

I'm still going with the future can be changed, and all the time travelers just suck and it or something. Because otherwise you'd be right and it would be stupid. Though maybe I'm expecting too much from a gag manga.

I'm sure it will change, they wouldn't be building up this plot point in a gag manga if it wasn't going to have a happy ending.

Unless they're going for akin a nihilistic ending.

BLue Exorcist
DEYnH-rXsAEXlCe.jpg

I love spy Shima, its such a fitting and great role for him especially now that his friends know.

Kind of a fast chapter due to all that was happening, though I guess the action was supposed to not be the focus since we didnt see anyone do anything more than one or two attacks, and we still didnt see Lightning do anything of significance in action :(

Taruranto

Birdmen #24

This is better than I expected, though it still feels trope-y at times.

It feels like the manga it still in the middle of setting up stuff and some of the main five struggle for relevancy a bit (especially the main girl).

Viz Shonen Jump 7/10/17

Seraph of the End

Seemed odd to skip over all of Yu's seraph training, but I guess it keeps the plot moving. Getting kinda sick of the series avoiding answering questions to why these long complicated plans are necessary.

One Piece

The tamate box being the shotgun on the wall that'll enable them to escape was a pretty clever set up. Guess we're gonna have a cake mudslide next week.

Boruto

Fun fight that felt appropriate to the arc, will probably be a lot better animated.

Robot x Laserbeam

Robo should lose this badly, the fact he'll lose a close match is garbage.

Promised Neverland

I wonder if this'll be the big exposition dumb to explain everything that happened in the back story, or if we'll get a "I don't know the full details" cop out with just a few tidbits of info. If I had to guess it'll be the latter.

We Never Learn

So the teacher will be the 4th girl in the harem... *vomits everywhere* fuck this series

Black Clover

Normally I hate the over the top comical beauty characters, but normally these characters get stomped for a joke. Seeing him serve as an extremely competent leader maximizing his allies abilities was really impressive. I'm now far more excited for their match up with Asta in a few weeks.

Food Wars

Its too bad Megishima is gonna job to Rindou because this flashback was really good.

Dr Stone

I like Chrome a lot, every major new character introduced adds a fun new flavor to the series. Easily my favorite thing in jump right now.

My Hero Academia

This flash backs feels like it should have been swapped with last chapter. The "im a failure and always have been" flashback, then Red Riot jumping in front of the blast to give Fat Gum the time to do his ultimate.

Hunter x Hunter

I have no idea whats going on in this arc lol

Blue Exorcist

God damn it I'm sick and tired of this series constantly dancing around the big twist it keeps building up. Soon everyone in the cast minus the audience will know whats up.

Someday, We'll Get There 2
I really hope this is setting up Shijou to be NTR'ed by rhythm games. Whoever this mysterious new challenger is, I agree with her philosophy. The most important thing in video games is to enjoy yourself, unless you're playing Mario Kart, in which case victory takes precedence over fun, friendship and even yuri. She needs to become a full-time party member.

bjork

This past weekend I read through the Spider-Man manga that the Sanctuary dude did art for. It didn't even make it to 15 chapters before it ended, and I can see why. I think 11 or 12 chapters had rape as a plot device, and dude was killing the villains. He killed Electro and the Lizard in the first two chapters, then he was drinking and doing drugs and shit. He would doubt his own powers and his role as spider-man, but then when he had the suit on he'd yell about being invincible and the strongest guy in the world. It was just really strange. The last chapter had members of a band being tormented by a girl (they raped her bc that's all anyone does in this series) and her inner torment took the form of an invisible tiger that could physically kill them all. Maybe the writers were doing drugs and shit too.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This past weekend I read through the Spider-Man manga that the Sanctuary dude did art for. It didn't even make it to 15 chapters before it ended, and I can see why. I think 11 or 12 chapters had rape as a plot device, and dude was killing the villains. He killed Electro and the Lizard in the first two chapters, then he was drinking and doing drugs and shit. He would doubt his own powers and his role as spider-man, but then when he had the suit on he'd yell about being invincible and the strongest guy in the world. It was just really strange. The last chapter had members of a band being tormented by a girl (they raped her bc that's all anyone does in this series) and her inner torment took the form of an invisible tiger that could physically kill them all. Maybe the writers were doing drugs and shit too.

Surprised Marvel signed off on it in the first place lol

Top Bottom