• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

I'm pretty sure Araki's entire writing style would drive a good amount of Western comics fans up the wall.
Have you seen 『P A R K E R 』?! Tell him
untitledwgssg.png
was here!

we never learn 22

At least we know why sensei thinks the girls should just do what they're good at. I don't see her becoming a full member of the harem though.

we never learn 22

At least we know why sensei thinks the girls should just do what they're good at. I don't see her becoming a full member of the harem though.

You're right it would be weird to see a teacher become the 4th girl in a harem series

This series is clearly going for the Nisekoi audience and that series never introduced a teacher who had a crush on the mc...

Zweizer

Banned
New Game! ch46

Poor Hifumin. Don't cheat on Rin, Kou-chan!

Someday, We'll Get There ch2

So she's a scrub. That's a lovely start to their competitive future.

Good thing someone knows how to enjoy herself.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
True, but imagine the crazy kinds of things he could pull of with Xmen or Avenger's fights?

I'd love it but people would be bitching how he isn't even that concerned with the very lore be built up and how fights are resolved in weird round about methods.

tariniel

Not sure where else to ask. I've been considering signing up for Weekly Shonen Jump from Viz. Do I get access to the back catalogue of the manga as well? For example if I want to read One Piece, am I limited to only what gets released weekly (which is the newest stuff)? Or can I start at chapter 1 with this subscription?

Not sure where else to ask. I've been considering signing up for Weekly Shonen Jump from Viz. Do I get access to the back catalogue of the manga as well? For example if I want to read One Piece, am I limited to only what gets released weekly (which is the newest stuff)? Or can I start at chapter 1 with this subscription?

You can buy back catalog stuff seperately (I think up to 12 issues ago), and you can check any issue you got previously for as long as you want, but you won't start at chapter 1 of each manga. If you want to catch up legally, you need to buy the volumes

They also have the first few chapters of most of the series available in their free section

Chase17

One Piece 871
They are not even close to big mom crew level. Looking forward to the getaway.

Boruto Chapter 14
Pretty boring chapter. The art seemed worse than normal to me too. I liked the conclusion to the fight though.

Robot x Laserbeam 16
I'm pretty sure golf Hisoka is ranked 1, and Robo is hanging with him after the only training we've seen done is running. I mean, presumably Karasuma/Rion shouldn't be able to keep up with the emperor but Robo is? We already did the "fluke close match against the best, but shows potential" thing with the Youzan match. This should be his Zolo/Mihawk level beat down. I think it is pretty likely he gets blown out after these first few holes though, Robo was shook by that last shot. The golf swing art is really nice in this chapter. I can't rule out that golf Hisoka is playing with his off hand stance or something, or maybe we are just booking it to the ending. I guess we will know by seeing how Robo reacts to the crazy lob shot next chapter.

The Promised Neverland 46
Some nice Emma faces. Time to get some world info.

We Never Learn 22

Not great...

Black Clover 116
This arc has already been pretty good for introducing new characters and building up some old ones. Didn't expect to actually like Mimosa! Kirsch is a pretty enjoyable character, and I like how he ended up giving great advice to his teammates.

Dr. Stone 18
Really strong chapter, the humor was on point. I think my favorite part was Senku spinning "Tsukasa will want to slaughter you" like it's a positive. Great reaction faces in this chapter too.
Also looks like volume 1 in Japan is getting a reprint already, so that's good.

My Hero Academia 144
Not really feeling the timing of this flashback, it's alright though. I understood Kirishima as being pretty much out of the fight so I would have preferred it before for his save or after the fight (mostly since I want to see fat go to town). Nice to see Ashido though.

Hunter x Hunter 363
Interesting!

new game 46

Yes, dealing with people is quite difficult

Mousou Telepathy 367 - 374

Oh wow, is this actual progress being made? Nanako and Toda are actually talking to each other.

Tomo-chan ch.597
No one will ever know (or understand) what happened in Jun's room that day.
At least not while he continues to cower in fear like that.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch.43
I'd sure feel safe living in a neighborhood with those two on patrol.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch.35
All that matters is the princess getting a good night sleep, wherever she may be, and at everyone else's expense.
Sucks for that poor deer.

Beastars Vol.1
There is such a weird intensity to this manga that almost belies the fact this is a story about furries in a boarding school and I would not have thought it to be engaging had I not started this.

That rabbit and Legosi are gonna change each other's lives in some way, I can tell.

Aizo

Banned
Boys on the Run - End (there are still no translations, btw)
This manga was just pain.
Spoiler time.
Unbelievable sucker punch of an ending. After it looks like FINALLY Tanishi will work shit out, he covers for Shumai bringing a bomb to school and the epilogue reveals that he spends five years in prison for it. Fuck Tanishi's life! It looks like Tanishi, Hana, and Shumai will spend there lives together from here on, but... I bet his life will still be shit and he'll fuck everything up.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 597-598

Thinking back, a good 200-300 chapters ago I actually thought Jun was a decent guy.
How wrong I was.
And Carol is scary.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 132

I had no idea who those two people in the sky are at first.
But that scene with him saying it out loud was heartwarming.
Everyone's going to die, huh?

Yuragi-sou No Yuuna-san 70

Sagiri best girl.
Shame I can't see a harem ending for the series.

Touhou - Datenshi (SFW doujin)
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? Seija brings everyone's favourite celestial crashing down to earth, and then proceeds to be humiliated by a certain interested onlooker. Her inability to elicit desired reactions from people is almost impressive, but then that's just part of what makes me loathe her. Zounose has really grown on me as an author, though I'm sure that's partially due to all the attention he's been getting recently.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Boys on the Run - End (there are still no translations, btw)
This manga was just pain.
Spoiler time.
Unbelievable sucker punch of an ending. After it looks like FINALLY Tanishi will work shit out, he covers for Shumai bringing a bomb to school and the epilogue reveals that he spends five years in prison for it. Fuck Tanishi's life! It looks like Tanishi, Hana, and Shumai will spend there lives together from here on, but... I bet his life will still be shit and he'll fuck everything up.

It is such a bizarre way to end the manga in retrospect.

Zweizer

Banned
The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness ch6 (Bonus)

She's getting famous~

It was a shame she was completely satisfied, but at least her companion was understanding.

Okusan ch47

Children can be quite a handful, though in this case it was aggravated by Okusan's... assets. At least she didn't mind too much.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch598

I wonder if Misuzu has a plan.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch33

The most unrealistic part of this MMO has got to be his success at getting along with other players.

What's the manga about a high school baseball player and a widow? It involves a lot of cooking if I remember.

Akatsuki No Yona Ch143: Now that is a manly way to go down. Also props for the princess there, managing to keep her aim steady until the end.

Witch Hunter Ch169: Looks like we're getting ever so close to D-Day.

All Out! Ch63-70: That went from an even battle, where determination seemed to be the only aspect they excelled in; to a one-sided slaughter. And, all because of one player as well... Crikey!

UQ Holder 138

A very understandable rejection from the winner, though I do hope that it'll come back up again later. Another timeskip, but at least this is an opportune way of actually showing how Negima ended now, so I'm pretty happy.

JulianImp

TGWOK - Up to Ch203
I like that the manga has stopped being about short stories and is now fully focused on longer arcs, but also I think that the girls in Keima's harem are becoming more and more redundant as time goes by.

For one, I'd say the goddesses are all kind of same-y, and have few unique traits except for Tsukiyo's goddess' telekinesis, Mercurius' magical prowess or Diana having fallen in love with Katruragi herself; the worst part is they tend to flock together into a single Keima-loving entity, which detracts from them as individual characters and turns them into a single uniform group that's actually pretty bland and boring to watch.

I actually would've liked it more if Hakua hadn't been reinstated as a kaketama hunter either, since now she's basically back to being nothing but a more reliable version of Elsea. At least Nora has still managed to keep a more distinctive role in the plot instead of being yet another demonkin like the other two.

I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying the current arc is precisely because all those extra characters have been put on hold for the time being, and it's back to basic Keima+Elsea antics... which is a damn shame, since it's like all those different girls that ended up falling for Katsuragi have become pretty flat characters now that they've been relegated to showing up by proxy most of the time.

Are the kindle fire 7/8 tablets any good for reading manga? It's getting to the point that going digital is probably a necessity since I don't have a lot of room for much more manga lol. I got one of the e-ink kindles a while back but that kind of turned out to be pretty useless for manga since it used internal storage only.

caliph95

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

Are we sure the guy isn't just a pervert and pretending thinking she's a dude so he can keep ass slapping her and get a squeeze

caliph95

Beastars again
This is not something i expected when i picked up this book.
Glad Legosi is growing a back spine though he is treating Haru as a prize but good on him and fighting the lion mafia and favourite beast is Krav Maga Panda
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2FFapDs.png[/IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/lbtWIVf.png[/IMG]

Chase17

Jump #33 TOC

One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Oda-san to no Omiode Manga (Special Chapter by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro)
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Dr. Stone
Gintama
Black Clover
Robot x Laserbeam (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Cross Account
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Haikyu!!
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shudan!
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
Spring Weapon No.01
Hunter x Hunter
Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~
Issue 34:
Cover, Lead CP: My Hero Academia
CP: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Shudan!, Black Clover

Hope the cover/cp for MHA is a 3 year anniversary thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TGWOK - Up to Ch203
I like that the manga has stopped being about short stories and is now fully focused on longer arcs, but also I think that the girls in Keima's harem are becoming more and more redundant as time goes by.

For one, I'd say the goddesses are all kind of same-y, and have few unique traits except for Tsukiyo's goddess' telekinesis, Mercurius' magical prowess or Diana having fallen in love with Katruragi herself; the worst part is they tend to flock together into a single Keima-loving entity, which detracts from them as individual characters and turns them into a single uniform group that's actually pretty bland and boring to watch.

I actually would've liked it more if Hakua hadn't been reinstated as a kaketama hunter either, since now she's basically back to being nothing but a more reliable version of Elsea. At least Nora has still managed to keep a more distinctive role in the plot instead of being yet another demonkin like the other two.

I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying the current arc is precisely because all those extra characters have been put on hold for the time being, and it's back to basic Keima+Elsea antics... which is a damn shame, since it's like all those different girls that ended up falling for Katsuragi have become pretty flat characters now that they've been relegated to showing up by proxy most of the time.

Haqua best girl

Jump #33 TOC

One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Oda-san to no Omiode Manga (Special Chapter by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro)
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Dr. Stone
Gintama
Black Clover
Robot x Laserbeam (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Cross Account
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Haikyu!!
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shudan!
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
Spring Weapon No.01
Hunter x Hunter
Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~
Issue 34:
Cover, Lead CP: My Hero Academia
CP: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Shudan!, Black Clover

Hope the cover/cp for MHA is a 3 year anniversary thing.
Shudan! CP, ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!! Please get huge.

BLack Clover one will be exciting.

dani_dc

Beastars 22-23

This turned very dark very quickly.

I don't want to know where they get those quantities of weasel legs and other assorted meats.

mdubs

Banned
Now that I've read the latest chapter of Robot x Lazerbeam, I feel like I can safely conclude that this series is definitely on the least hype-inducing and boring sports series I've read. There is zero tension to any of these matches, which seem to be quickly devolving into a special move-a-thon.

It also doesn't help that there isn't a single interesting character in this series, and I can't even tell the 4 senpais apart at all. The only characters who I remember the names of are Yozan and Robo. There's no tension at all to Robo's stupid quest to join the squad either because we know that he'll just mimic everyone's special move immediately since we already know he's a genius.

It makes me sad that Viz decided to use the rare occasion of picking up a sports series on this instead of Shuudan or one of the other many things that are actually good.

Damn.

mdubs

Banned
Hungry Marie and We Never Learn getting canned soon?
Spring Weapon No. 1 is already done, right?

We Never Learn probably has some breathing room since Hungry Marie is pretty much dead and Hinomaru Zumou is supposedly/seems to be ending soon

Top Bottom