• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

JoJolion 67

Wow that 2nd Stand is cool looking. I love Araki's modern Stand designs. What complaints I have about his character sameface are supplanted by the Stands.

Fancolors

I'm tempted to back the monoeye kickstarter purely for this.
gE9NuIC.png

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 67

lmao one of these dudes has a windshield wiper on his goggles, and the other is like some burrowing tank thing. I don't even know but I fucking love it.

Rai still needs to be smacked stupid though.

Zweizer

Banned
Reiraku ch3

Yeaaah, he really has ruined about every relationship he had.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch43-45

Things are progressing I guess.

upandaway

New Game 45

U1TFMly.jpg
f5vZ6TQ.jpg

Ahem, so let me see if I understand this. So there's this live show for a kids' anime. The kids' anime has so many adult fans that they literally split the live into two different showings for kids and for adults, where the adults aren't allowed to go crazy with sticks and shoutings in the kids' noon showing.

I don't know man... isn't this a bit weird? Is it just me? Something feels a bit off. I don't know.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 70
Oh another time skip. The headbutt failed! Happy we are getting into an arc with another pillar so soon. I can remember if there are 2-3 important butterfly sisters. So what's next after the saddest 5 or so chapter stretch of the series? An arc at the red light distract of course!

Final Fantasy: Lost Stranger 01
Figured I'd tried this since it was up on crunchyroll. Is about as generic as expected. Even the way they end up in the other world is via getting hit by a car. Zidane only character to get a shout out. Two things I like though.
1. Didn't expect the "twist/shock" of the chapter, though it will probably be obvious to most.
2. The main character yelling for Tabata to let him work on the FF game was funny.
Probably won't read anymore of this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

What in the actual fuck - the one normal gay character in a manga randomly turns straight. This is the worst fucking message ever.

Usobuko

Banned
Sheriff Evans' Lies readers should give Densetsu no Yuusha no Konkatsu a shot too.

Synopsis :

The story takes place in a world after the legendary warrior defeats the demon lord. After he brought the peace to the world, he decides to set on another adventure to search for his wife.

I personally find it better in all aspects.

Weekly Shonen Jump #34
One Piece, Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho (Cover)
My Hero Academia (Lead CP)
1. The Promised Neverland
2. One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
3. Dr. Stone
4. Robot x Laserbeam
Shudan! (CP)
Hunter x Hunter
5. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Black Clover (CP)
6. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
7. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
8. We Never Learn
9. Haikyu!!
10. Hinomaru Zumou
Cross Account
11. Spring Weapon No.01
12. Gintama
13. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~

Weekly Shonen Jump #35
Lead CP: Haikyu!!
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Food Wars!
One Shot: Utsuro Toki no Naka de

Viz Shonen Jump 7/17/17

One Piece

Glad the tamate box finally had pay off serving as the chekov's gun to save the day. The stuff at the end with beige was pretty humorous glad he got a focus this arc.

On a bigger note I feel one piece needs to have a back to basics arc soon with a marginally stronger foe for the whole main crew to overcome. Since the time skip all we've had was fishman isle in this style and the villains were a jobber fest. Punk hazard a good chunk of the fights were done by non straw hats and the focus was less on fights and more escaping the giant death gas ball, Dressrosa had half the crew missing for a bunch of new characters to establish the alliance in enjoyable fights, and this arc again had half the crew missing for new characters and focused more on shenanigans and not on the pure shonen fighting. It's not been bad persay, but its frustrating that its been so long since a more traditional arc OP could really use one to recenter itself.

Memories with oda san (one shot)

Pretty fun one shot that did a good job of paying respec to oda without feeling like it was just mitsutoshi brown nosing super hard. Their friendship felt genuine and it really humanized oda that seems in line with the stories I've head over the years with how he acts in public.

Hunter x Hunter

I'm kind of hoping we'll get a refresher on whats happening with the other main characters it feels like awhile since we've seen any of them. I realize Kurapika was a no show for 150 chapters of the series spread across a decade but it seems weird for him to get such a massive solo focus in a smaller part of the much bigger arc to come.

Robot x Laserbeam

Robo will lose but the emperor guy will claim some "there is no satisfaction, come back to me when you've finished learning so that I can crush you at your best blah blah blah" *yawn*

My Hero Academia

Was Mina x Kirishima a ship before now? If not then it's gonna become one.

Overall this fight plus flash back was excellent, the flash back should have happened before Kirishima jumped in front of the final attack to give fat gum time to seal the deal so to speak. Having it happen, final attack ready, then flash back to explain why kirishima was so reckless seems like the scenes were edited wrong. It's still a minor complaint and in the end this was another top tier fight for mha.

The Promised Neverland

Kids gonna break cause the truce to be broken destroying the "promise"d neverland? 100% gonna happen, can't wait to see how it plays out. Ray and Emma's optimism in face of the worst possible scenario was fairly refreshing compared to the typical "we have no choice but to follow this path its live or die" I was expecting.

Food Wars

While it would be clever for subaru to tank his match in favor of helping kuga overcome tsukasa, it's not gonna happen. I doubt even Rindou throws the match here 0-3 sweep unless something crazy happens.

Black Clover

Montage chapter of other teams doing their stuff. I had forgotten that Finral and his younger brother had a spat. This tournament arc is the perfect place for Finral to shut his brother up... or for Asta to shut it up for Finral cause shonen :V

We Never Learn

I did laugh at the leave in 5 minutes or die gag, other then that this series has entered the successul enough to status quo for awhile blaaahh.

Dr Stone

Chrome and his reaction to Senku explaining the future was the highlight of jump this week. I like that Chrome's completely platonic feelings for Ruri drove him to sorcery and that he's on board to help Senku reinvent science. The stuff between Ruri and Kohaku was sweet as well looking forward to seeing how Senku fucks some stupid taboo to heal her.

One Punch Man

Remember when this series was an okay gag manga parodying shonen series, and not just another shonen series? Good times

Apologies for double post

Weekly Shonen Jump toc

Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daishou, Captain Tsubasa, Saint Seiya, One Piece (Cover)

My Hero Academia (Lead CP)
1. The Promised Neverland
2. One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
3. Dr. Stone
4. Robot×Laserbeam
Shoodan! (CP)
Hunter×Hunter
5. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Black Clover (CP)
6. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma
7. Yugari-sou no Yuuna-san
8. We Never Learn
9. Haikyuu!!
10. Hinomaru Zumou
Cross Account
11. Spring Weapon Number One
12. Gintama
13. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 35:
Lead CP: Haikyuu!!
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Hinomaru Zumou

wamberz1

Beastars 42

No way Louis is dead unless the series is getting axed. And given how fast the plot has been going these past few chapters I'm starting to get scared that that might be the case.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, I'm more annoyed by this Fuuka plot development than anything else Seo has done. Like what in the actual fuck? He introduced a gay character and then paid off his character arc by making him realize he's actually down with women? What kind of lame as fuck shit is that?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game 45

U1TFMly.jpg
f5vZ6TQ.jpg

Ahem, so let me see if I understand this. So there's this live show for a kids' anime. The kids' anime has so many adult fans that they literally split the live into two different showings for kids and for adults, where the adults aren't allowed to go crazy with sticks and shoutings in the kids' noon showing.

I don't know man... isn't this a bit weird? Is it just me? Something feels a bit off. I don't know.

It is weird. But business wise, its better than letting adult fans going craaaazy during kids show

Love is Blind (Oneshot)

LOOOOOL at the alien

Fire punch author is the gift that keep on giving
Sheriff Evans' Lies readers should give Densetsu no Yuusha no Konkatsu a shot too.

Synopsis :

I personally find it better in all aspects.
True. I like both of them, but Yuusha has stronger art and quite heartwarming.

Chase17

Robot suddenly showing life between good volume sales and it's first good ranking in forever. Seems like this Haikyuu match hasn't been the best recieved?
Is the end finally near for zumou.

Im excited for BLack Clover poll results, please let the yuno dorksta fans come out im droves.
Are the results this week? Going to need confirmation that everyone went Yami

Viz Shonen Jump 7/17/17
"promise"d neverland?

200w.webp

dani_dc

Beastars 42

No way Louis is dead unless the series is getting axed. And given how fast the plot has been going these past few chapters I'm starting to get scared that that might be the case.

You're not the only one, that would explain the sudden change in writing that the last few chapters brought.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed by this Fuuka plot development than anything else Seo has done. Like what in the actual fuck? He introduced a gay character and then paid off his character arc by making him realize he's actually down with women? What kind of lame as fuck shit is that?

Seo doesn't understand human relationships.
That should be obvious by all his works about human relationships.

JulianImp

It's my life - Days 1-5
The premise is pretty nice, it has lots of heartwarming moments, and the comedy's also decent as well, so I'll probably be catching up on this now that I'm up to date on TWGOK.

Loved the dragonkin showing up out of nowhere screaming "TANOMO~!" after they got kicked out the first time, and how their plan to bring a dragon with them backfired and it ended up becoming the MC and Noa's pet to boot.

I do wish the writer wouldn't have created a misunderstanding between the MC and his former underlings, where the latter think he's actually into Noa.

So far the comfyness count sits at home plus pet plus daughter, so here's to hoping things get even more idyllic, even though I guess Noa's character arc might end up interfering with that.

Zweizer

Banned
Someday, We’ll Get There ch4

Shijou continues to be the worst senpai. Thankfully ZTT is here to pick up the slack within the shadows.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch57

He can be pretty badass when he wants, even while he's just sitting there get tortured.
Yoh changed for the worst though.

Someday, We’ll Get There 4

Yeah, can't say I understand grinding a game you don't enjoy. Even as someone who isn't an FG fan, saying they're inherently not fun is a pretty rash generalisation. The ones I've enjoyed in the past are usually because there's a system or character that really clicks with me. Rhythm games are superior though, which is appropriate because I'm going to be cheering for Team ZTT until and beyond their showdown.

bobohoro

Helck 98.1

Oh my, this isn't going to end well.
Stunning artwork as always.

Hajime No Ippo 1187

Freakin' end it already.
Fight should have been way faster and more decisive.
Although I admit that seeing Ippo looking serious again is a treat.

Alice in Borderland 64.1 END

Great series. An ending to a storyline like this would be hard to nail, but through all its twists and turns it still comes out satisfying. Also the "Borderlands" answer was really staring you in the face the whole time with the name.

Hajime 1187

Taking longer than expected but I'm glad he's dealing with this situation now and not later.

Helck 98.1

Oh my, this isn't going to end well.
Stunning artwork as always.

Hajime No Ippo 1187

Freakin' end it already.
Fight should have been way faster and more decisive.
Although I admit that seeing Ippo looking serious again is a treat.

Yeah, plus he needs the experience. He needs to be able to overcome situations he didn't prepare for... which is a big weakness of his.

upandaway

Sesuji wo Pin 40

Haha I love that bit in the beginning where they battled on the dance floor using special powers. That actually nailed it hahaha, it reminded me of Kuroko's Basketball and Saki.
It's a trap a lot of Jump sports manga fall into so it's fun to see the author poke at it

jitsu wa watashi wa 179

Well, this is pretty much like the final battle getting started. Though unlike before, they have more allies this time.

Manga Sales July 10th -16th

*1. 153,726 *,153,726 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.27
*2. *88,509 *,*88,509 Diamond no Ace Act II Vol.8
*3. *69,650 1,104,156 Hunter x Hunter Vol.34
*4. *66,527 *,280,176 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.25
*5. *63,212 *,*63,212 Tokyo Tarareba Musume Vol.9
*6. *61,664 *,*62,844 Poe no Ichizoku: Haru no Yume
*7. *60,424 *,*60,424 Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Vol.8
*8. *59,207 *,*59,207 Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Vol.6
*9. *55,003 *,*55,003 Watashi no Shounen Vol.3
10. *53,363 *,*53,363 Hajime no Ippo Vol.118

11. *50,025 *,197,538 Gintama Vol.69
12. *48,865 *,100,002 Amaama to Inazuma Vol.9
13. *48,519 *,182,819 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.4
14. *44,165 *,*44,165 Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Vol.6
15. *37,019 *,684,201 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.11
16. *28,660 *,*28,660 Mashiro no Oto Vol.18
17. *26,343 *,*26,343 Mangaka to Yakuza Vol.2
18. *25,908 *,*25,908 Kaiou Dante Vol.3
19. *24,614 *,*25,096 Ousama ni Sasagu Kusuriyubi Vol.7
20. *24,046 *,*24,523 Aria Kanzenban: Aria The Masterpiece Vol.6

21. *23,815 *,*81,415 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan Vol.22
22. *22,682 *,*93,162 Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.12
23. *21,945 *,*99,344 Yuragisou no Yuuna-san Vol.6
24. *21,458 *,*21,458 Infection Vol.7
25. *20,463 *,*20,838 Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Dokomademo Vol.3
26. *19,791 *,*79,396 Robot x Laserbeam Vol.1
27. *19,223 *,*19,223 Ryuusui no Tsubasa: Shiki Ryuukou Seika Iden Vol.5
28. *18,779 *,*60,219 Game: Suit no Sukima Vol.3
29. *18,576 *,*39,801 Gunka no Baltzar Vol.10
30. *18,556 *,*37,519 Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Vol.14

31. *18,530 *,530,390 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.14
32. *18,448 *,318,867 Uchuu Kyoudai Vol.31
33. *18,304 *,164,311 Kakegurui Vol.7
34. *17,591 *,115,870 Blue Giant Supreme Vol.2
35. *17,158 *,*92,823 Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Vol.4
36. *16,861 *,*17,051 Sayonara Alpha
37. *16,764 *,*20,421 Fate/Grand Order Anthology Comic: Star Vol.5
38. *16,196 *,*16,196 Konya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine Vol.5
39. *15,920 *,355,769 Magi Vol.34
40. *15,741 *,292,983 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.1

41. *15,695 *,247,320 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.3
42. *15,650 *,*57,895 Yuukoku no Moriarty Vol.3
43. *15,570 *,*15,570 Domestic na Kanojo Vol.14
44. *15,502 *,273,567 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.2
45. *15,449 *,*53,810 Ultraman Vol.10
46. *14,925 *,*40,632 Sengoku Gonbee Vol.7
47. *14,707 *,*14,707 Domestic na Kanojo Vol.14 Special Edition
48. *14,680 *,*26,290 Mahou Shoujo of the End Vol.15
49. *14,532 *,*61,184 Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochiwarui Vol.3
50. *14,509 2,530,826 One Piece Vol.85

Love is Blind - oneshot

Hilarious story about the student counsel president building up the courage to tell his feelings for the girl he likes.

Mousou Telepathy 386 - 392

lol at Nanako's mom meeting Toda. Also Mana's costume is pretty good.

Top Bottom