• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Spirit Circle and Sengoku Youko are both great and in my opinion better than Lucifer and biscuit hammer.

I dunno why there isn't a Spirit Circle anime, either. I mean, it's pretty self contained and complete.

Zweizer

Banned
I dunno why there isn't a Spirit Circle anime, either. I mean, it's pretty self contained and complete.

There's no Lucifer Hammer anime either, so I'm guessing either they didn't sell that well, or the publisher and/or authors aren't that interested in an anime adaptation.

Taruranto

Altair 50

ZfoArk9.jpg

Mahmut always wins...

It looks like he has finished gathering allies, so maybe the plot can actually progress.

So for all yall that read Astra Lost in Space, I decided to go back and reread the part Kanta references in chapter 1

http://imgur.com/rKz7nvR

This is after Luca has already been sucked up, doesn't it look like one person is intentionally walking into the sphere? Flipping around the images the only person this could be is
ulgar since Luca is already sucked up and we see everyone else run. It would also tie into the "everyone ... run" that kanta references in the newest chapter

SPOILERS: this series pretty much spoils the main series so if you are enjoying that one then don't read.

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san 7

Finally he appears

and he's still taking those Ls LOLOLOLOLOL

Tripon

Golbin Slayer 1-15

A series about a Goblin Slayer, an adventure that exclusively hunts goblins because goblins destroyed his village as a kid. Dark fantasy, lots of women being raped on screen, the art was okay. Apparently based on a light novel series, but I can't see it becoming an anime series unless they're willing to tone down the rape scenes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

There's no Lucifer Hammer anime either, so I'm guessing either they didn't sell that well, or the publisher and/or authors aren't that interested in an anime adaptation.

Yeah, it almost a crime non of mizukami satoshi work getting an anime adaptation. But then again, Ushio and Tora, mahoujin guru2 suddenly got an adaptation,maybe it'll happen 5 years from now...

Golbin Slayer 1-15

A series about a Goblin Slayer, an adventure that exclusively hunts goblins because goblins destroyed his village as a kid. Dark fantasy, lots of women being raped on screen, the art was okay. Apparently based on a light novel series, but I can't see it becoming an anime series unless they're willing to tone down the rape scenes.

Yeah I really like it. Its too bad I'm all caught up. Its so satisfying cause those goblins end up paying for what they did by the Hero's hand. Its crazy the tactics he employs.

A School's Short Distance Romantic Ghost Story (Yuridori Midori 3)

Yuri from beyond the grave, in which two school mysteries prove that friendship between ghosts is wonderful. Probably my favourite thing I've read from this author (including her Madoka doujin), though that's largely just because I'm a sucker for ghost stories. If I'd gotten into manga earlier I would've spread some around my school.

Zweizer

Banned
A school’s short distance romantic ghost story (One-shot) by Minamoto Hisanari

From the author of Wife and Wife, a short story of a cranky ghost and one of an all-girls school's seven mysteries who scares (yuri) couples because their incessant flirting in front of her gets on her nerves. Pretty fun concept, and now we need a continuation featuring the five other mysteries.

Madoka - Magia Record Reports p46 (END?)

sy40ahi.png

FUCK YOOOUU. With tomorrow's potential account nuke I doubt I'm the only one harbouring that sentiment. There's little point reflecting on this 'series' since it was never meant to be anything more than an amusing, light-hearted introduction to the game's characters and mechanics, but it was decent at what it did. Even if comparing some of the MG's in-game personalities to their comical portrayals here is pretty jarring.

A school's short distance romantic ghost story (One-shot) by Minamoto Hisanari

From the author of Wife and Wife, a short story of a cranky ghost and one of an all-girls school's seven mysteries who scares (yuri) couples because their incessant flirting in front of her gets on her nerves. Pretty fun concept, and now we need a continuation featuring the five other mysteries.
Speaking of the seven mysteries, have you heard the rumour about the 13 steps posts? It's said that if two people post about the same romance manga on the 12th and 13th post of a thread page, they're guaranteed to live a long and happy life together. Unless one of them prefers Kyouko to Homura, in which case that person will die a sudden and probably violent death.

Zweizer

Banned
Speaking of the seven mysteries, have you heard the rumour about the 13 steps posts? It's said that if two people post about the same romance manga on the 12th and 13th post of a thread page, they're guaranteed to live a long and happy life together. Unless one of them prefers Kyouko to Homura, in which case that person will die a sudden and probably violent death.

Eep, what a scary rumor! Good thing I re-read some Homura doujinshi.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden Kamuy 112
HE FUCKING DID IT. NOTHING CAN STOP THAT FUCKER

Hell Kitchen 1-latest

A talentless 3rd year middle schooler got possessed by a devil who want to eat his soul... after the devil nurturned him into a supreme chef. After several accident, he is now part of supreme cooking school
So, it's a supernatural version of Shokugeki no Soma with a lot of cast. The reaction are nothing special, but the food preparation is something coming out of battle shonen manga. Not to mention there's one group who legit want to remove cuisine because they believe ration is far more efficient. Yeah, it's over the top. I have fun reading it.

This manga also contain:
- Yandere who has crush on MC. Master of knife
- Glasses girl with big breast and great at making chinese dish
- Master of smeel who's an edgelord. His relation to MC is similar between Naruto and Sasuke, which mean, a feast for Fujoshi
- A hot headed guy who love meat.
- A crazy genius who act like 10 y.o kid who get sugar rush all the time
- Idiot gourmet
- Crazy ass scientist
- Super doctor chef.

Golden Kamuy 112

The fuck does this guy do now? Theres nothing left in Japan after a brown bear. He'd have to go outside the country to find a rhino, hippo or elephant or some shit.

OPM (Murata) 80

All worth for that Fubuki cover.

Yotsuba 97

*smiles*

Keyman 56

Dam Aaron. Its cool that sometimes talk no jutsu doesnt work.

Also another twist lol.

178002l.jpg

The World of Machida-kun

A story about a poker-faced kid who "loves people"!

Something about misunderstood (genuinely) nice guys me lol

Its funny, though, because I read comments calling the main character a potential sociopath and I can kinda see it. Compare Machida to, like, the lead in Angel Densetsu and he appears to have a loose screw; like he's too nice. However, as far as the manga presents him, Machida attempts to process his own emotions as he thinks about a new type of love, romantic love, and as of now its fun to watch. At the very least, you should read this if you want to see a Sakamoto-ish (from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto! ) character in a more grounded and heartwarming context.

Chase17

Buso Renkin was pretty great too.
Oh. I guess it was just Blaze West that was the flop. Might check this out down the line then.

So for all yall that read Astra Lost in Space, I decided to go back and reread the part Kanta references in chapter 1

http://imgur.com/rKz7nvR

This is after Luca has already been sucked up, doesn't it look like one person is intentionally walking into the sphere? Flipping around the images the only person this could be is
ulgar since Luca is already sucked up and we see everyone else run. It would also tie into the "everyone ... run" that kanta references in the newest chapter

Hmm, they've got the mask at the ready too.
Hopefully it does turn out that Aries is the traitor since her character needs a new dynamic much more than Ulgar's. Ulgar would be a good scapegoat for Aries if they go that route of Kanata going to the wrong person for advice.

Oh. I guess it was just Blaze West that was the flop. Might check this out down the line then.

Hmm, they've got the mask at the ready too.
Hopefully it does turn out that Aries is the traitor since her character needs a new dynamic much more than Ulgar's. Ulgar would be a good scapegoat for Aries if they go that route of Kanata going to the wrong person for advice.

That's exactly what I expect. If Ulgar was the traitor he's had ample opportunity to completely wipe out the group before this point plus he seems like the red herring guy to suspect. My guess is Ulgar didn't run either because he was scared stiff, because he "accepted his fate", or because he wanted to go after Luca wanting the answers Luca might have for his revenge.

Tomo-chan 618
I am just as confused by that greeting as he is.

Saotome-Senshu, Hitakakusu ch.1-12
I was already on board with this by virtue of it being a tall girl and short guy pairing, but those last few chapters introducing a third wheel to push their relationship further sure made things more entertaining.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Happiness ch. 31

Of course it'd be this gaunt-faced asshole who steps out the shadows.

Pretty cool atmospheric chapter though. Really dark looking, minimal dialogue.

OPMurata latest

Don't really care about anything here other than Fubuki.

Golden Kamuy ch. 112

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Madoka - Nagisa and the Cheesecake of Love (SFW doujin)

I've basically glossed over this author before now because their other two translated works are Kyouko x Sayaka, but goddamn their art is disgustingly good. I've read pretty much all the official spinoffs, but this is still by far and away the closest to replicating the anime's aesthetic. Being full colour doesn't hurt either. The content was largely cute Nagisa being cute, which is fine because she tends to not get much attention in fanworks. Or at least, it was until Homura was introduced as Mami's mystery friend, at which point my brain kinda lost track of everything that wasn't her. Still, even without having much recollection of the story, this was worth reading for the art alone.

upandaway

Ballroom 43 (caught up)

Well apparently looks like I really like competitive dance manga after I ended up catching up really fast on both this and sesuji wo pin. I was hoping I'd get to see the end of the tournament but oh well, hopefully the author recovers quickly. I'm enjoying the couples dynamic a lot in this

Ballroom 43 (caught up)

Well apparently looks like I really like competitive dance manga after I ended up catching up really fast on both this and sesuji wo pin. I was hoping I'd get to see the end of the tournament but oh well, hopefully the author recovers quickly. I'm enjoying the couples dynamic a lot in this
How does the anime compare, will it get this far?

upandaway

How does the anime compare, will it get this far?
I moved from the anime to manga after ep5 because I liked the manga's art a lot better (I feel like the humor flows a lot better too in the manga). I can't tell how far the anime will get because it's a bit awkward, the manga's author has health complications but if it releases normally and they set this up properly then the anime could finish the current arc at the same time as the manga. Otherwise they could stop before the current arc but it'll be a huge cliffhanger

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I got a feeling that someone will make a doujin involving Shiton and Kemono friend... and it won't be pretty. GODDAMMIT NODA, why you gotta put Kemono friend reference in there!?

Densetsu no Yuusha no Konkatsu 8

DAMMIT, just when Yuusha finally found someone that could love him, and they're such a perfect couple too. Both are awkward to each other.

Chase17

Looks like Viz will have a simulpub for Rurouni Kenshin. Starts next week!

Dr. Stone 24
Feels like we are jumping some steps lol.

One Piece 876
I think there has been five panels of Katakuri staring intently the last two chapters. Want to know what the deal is.

RxL 22
This match has to end. The water skip shot was neat. Time to full double down on crazy dumb shots.

Black Clover 122
The king has some pretty funny comments to the sides of those panels. I forgot that Asta mastered this power already. Is Charmy in the tournament? Can't remember.

We Never Learn 28
Awful.

HxH 369
Oito is a pretty good character. 9 hours of emperor time huh.

Lot going on in the last three pages that has me lost. So many bodygaurds/allegiances.

MHA 150
I think that is the last of the jobber group (save for Rappa, he was cool). Mirio pretty cool here. I like how they are factoring in his failure earlier in the arc. Looking forward to the showdown.

Promised Neverland 52
That worked out well! Guess it might be a trap though. The kids losing it and calling him a liar was funny.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if it's because Satoshi-sensei doesn't want anime adaptations. Cause Biscuit Hammer was perfect for one.

Let's be honest: it's because they don't have time on their schedules for non-garbage isekai material.

Zweizer

Banned
Reiraku ch7

Yeah, he has issues. As is the case for many breakups, a lack of meaningful discussion can do extreme damage. Still no idea how it'll end.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

You can clearly see the distinction between the idiots and the sane ones here.

Yuki to Sumi ch3

How the hell did she manage to maintain that facade up until now?

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch619

Someone's upset.

Angry Grimace

ReLIFE

I think they just want you to think Yoake sent the info about Hishiron's true identity but it's probably something more vague.

The best part of ReLIFE is the goofy grin all the characters make whenever they spy on someone doing something romantic.

upandaway

Festival of Champions 6

Yeah this is still amazing. I'm enjoying this way too much. The story and the fights are all great. There are so many nods to all kinds of other media from the series too (though the biggest inspiration is obviously the manga in the fights), the amount of effort really shows.

BLack Clover

lol at Dorksta just wiping all the traps away, I thought he didnt know what he was doing but he knows exactly what he is doing.

Food Wars
DIVbKEZXoAACwf8.jpg:small

Okay I forgive the writers for last chapter, this is excellent content, and Kuga caused the other teammates to get so exhausted, poor Rindo.

Ascheroth

Astra Lost in Space 31

Ye gods, that 'confession' scene between
Zack and Quittery
was gold.

Damn.

God damn.

Holy shit. That truth-bomb. Master-class setup.

Talentless Nana 5

RIP dog-chan... is what I was going to say, but actually Nana's change of strategy here is a wise one. Someone should probably run an anti-virus check on her projected deaths app, if it thinks her newfound friend has an expected body count of 1.5 million. I'm glad to see that Kyouya is actually reasonably suspicious of her after the last few chapters, though if she shores up her position with the other students he'll have a hard time exposing her unless he changes his attitude/demeanour.

Top Bottom