• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

casiopao

Just read we never learned ans i am hooked lol.

I should already know that this harem series is going to ruin me with a non dedicated waifu ending but i still read them. Damn harem stories is like drugs.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Just read we never learned ans i am hooked lol.

I should already know that this harem series is going to ruin me with a non dedicated waifu ending but i still read them. Damn harem stories is like drugs.

That's how I feel and why I avoid them. I know they're not good, but their fun in a senseless sort of way, in an eating a whole ice cream cake by yourself on a hot Sunday kinda fun.

jman2050

Tomo-chan 622

y2VBubM.gif

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 18

I was going to yell at the MC for not hightailing it out of there when he noticed Hayakawa's nerves, but in the end everything turned out fine. If you consider a cult mass suicide to be fine, at least. On the bright side, at least he won't be invited back to such a garbage festival again.

It's really good ey.

It got a lot better when she cut mana in on the secret because mana is a really good character

Yeah, that was great. I especially like the way Mana has conversations with her in her head, now that she doesn't need to speak for her to hear her.

Also, you have gotta love the use of colour in this manga, it's exceptional.

jitsu wa watashi wa 184

ah, of course, the rock paper scissors of idiocy. Though it seems to be effective.

I had to stop reading for a minute when that panel came up, as I was laughing so hard.

Violence Action Ch5: Me too buddy, me too.

Black Torch Ch7: I know one of this manga's strong point is its ability to move quickly, not wasting too much time on fluffing things out, but I kinda do wish we'd spent more time in these flashback, training exercise memories, to you know... develop the aide-characters a bit more.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Back 2 Back Ch1-3: Man! Do I love NIGHTOW! xD

Peco

Rinjin 13-gou (1-END)
Bullied kid grows up into a total psycho with double personality and sets out to get revenge on the dude who ruined his life. From Inoue Santa (Taiyo Matsumoto's cousin). Loved the art and the artistic composition, great sense of action and the story is decently held together by Juuzou's split personality bloodthirst. My main issues with this manga are the way some of the side-characters are introduced and handled (the detective and his yakuza son, the cultists) and the really shitty translation. But all things considered, this was an entertaining read, it's short (only 3 vols) and if revenge tales with lots of violence, almost amateurish art and wacky characters are your thing please do read this.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia 151

Mother. fucking. Mirio. I fucking love this man. This is the absolute best the manga has been in a while (not that it was bad or even dull before) but watching him fight and be all heroic is encapsulating what I love about this series. Though that flag at the end of the chapter has me more than worried.

One Piece 877

Blowing yourself up rarely kills you. The rule of OP.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden Kamuy 113-114
The man died doing what he love. Boy, you can't help but respect this guy.

New Game 57-58

Sweating man.jpg
Also, coming to your office with pajama sounds cute, but in reality, they probably stink from sweat and everything. Seriously girl, change your cloth!

Kengan Asura latest

If Sekibayashi Jun lost, we riot

Sheriff Evan't lie 20

Kinda expected it to be quite honest

Prison School latest

This is it! We finally got official couple

Violence Action 5

This shit is good. It's very pulpy and violent.

upandaway

Hero Academia

Mirio is killing it. Crazy how good the control of his quirk is. I honestly didn't expect him to destroy Chisaki like that, it was barely even a fight.

The end of the chapter was telegraphed too obviously to happen as expected next chapter, so I'm curious how this will roll out. At least I hope the girl will be ok by the end of this arc.

It was mentioned before
... well, I've forgotten more important things before (whoops)

PK Gaming

We Can't Study

I mean, I expect the status quo to stick, but accomplishing it with him asking directly about it and her just straight-up lying leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Basically, he finds out that the swimming girl likes him via gossip around the school, then he gets flustered so he directly just asks her if she likes him. She says fucking no, even though the answer is yes. It's just a super fucking ham-fisted way to keep the status quo going. Might as well not have him find out.

Is this the only harem series where the MC is more likeable than the girls?

Not to say that he's particularly amazing but the girls in this series are so devoid of originality and craft, it's hard to really like any of them.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece I'd be more mad at Brook being KO'd before a proper fight but HOLY SHIT PEDRO IS SO COOL!

My Hero Overhaul has a pretty cool quirk, but I've noticed this series kinda has too much of a reliance on outside narration that normally doesn't get to me, but this time it did. Maybe because of the harsh break away from the fight to introduce a thing everyone already kind of figured would happen? Also fuck that cliffhanger, its obvious the shot won't hit Mirio. It'll be some other shot that will at the end of that chapter!

Hunter X Hunter I've only actually been lightly skimming this when it comes up, so obviously I'm lost to a bunch of context, but I feel like this hiatus is going to come at a pretty awkward time.

Can anyone recommend some horror manga to me?

Some lesser known stuff I never see get recommended but I think is fucking great is Doubt and Judge

I don't remember if Judge ever finished, but Doubt does have a nice conclusive end and I super recommend it. It's shortish, very tight, and has a lot of really great moments, especially its end.

Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu Ch16: Mito-chan! Couldn't stop laughing at them.

Mousou Telepathy Ch434: Continues to be great.

Sheriff Evans' Lies Ch20: Predictable, yet still amusing. I am starting to wonder how long this can keep going though. As the gimmick is starting to ware.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch877

Perospero sure likes to talk. Hopefully it's not the end for Pedro, but that was a big explosion.

Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood ch10

Even a country like the US is progressive compared to Japan!

Joking aside, it's pretty nice to see them all getting along. Honesty is indeed important, but knowing when and towards who being honest is too.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch184

And it's true! At least we know Shirayuki isn't completely nefarious.

Shokugeki no Soma ch229

I was kind of hoping for Soma to face Eizan a second time, just to see his reaction as he loses a second time, lol.

And hey, what's-his-face. Would have preferred Hinako to show up instead.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch622

She didn't even scream her given name, lol.

My Hero Academia ch151

Mirio is great. He's doing too well, in fact, and we can't have Overhaul being defeated by someone who isn't a main protagonist, can we?

Ace of Diamond Act 2 - 91

Oh yes, we get a battery with Furuya and Okumura, please dont ruin this Okumura, its needed so you can make it with your true battery mate Sawamura. Make it happen.

Inajitsu is still the best team, so many greats all in one team.
DIk47aMVAAEsmfJ.jpg:small

Zweizer

Banned
I stand corrected on Pell, though this time it's on enemy territory.

Has MHA even had an arc where Deku was the one to take out the main baddie yet?

Stain. While it was a team effort, Deku obviously got the spotlight.
All For One wouldn't really count, and there hasn't really been any other major clash.

Hero Academia

Mirio is killing it. Crazy how good the control of his quirk is. I honestly didn't expect him to destroy Chisaki like that, it was barely even a fight.

Is it really surprising though? He's the top student at the top hero school. He was said to be stronger than most pros. He defeated the entirety of class 1A by himself. Don't think it would've made sense to involve quirk-blocking drugs if the yakuza could've won in a straight up fight anyway.

Most of the villains in the series lack any formal training. Many are just dropouts. It makes sense that professionals and professionals in training are stronger on average.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 75
Can't believe the disguise didn't work! RIP Zenitsu.

Yu Yu Hakusho Spirit Detective Arc
Series is kind of all over the place so far. All the characters are likable and their dynamics with one another are fun. I think the strongest section was the Genkai trials.

MHA 151

I knew it, the mangaka fucked up the main character by making him so milquetoast and mealy mouthed from the get go. So now we got supporting characters standing in for what should be the main hero. I don't see deku doing shit till we get a time skip and he's well into his teens.

jbug617

Banned
Soma 229
Momo's shit talk is really on a next level.

Matchups are set for the third round:
Somei vs Soma
Eizan vs Takumi
Momo vs Megumi

I have a feeling Takumi gets bopped here. Happy to see Shinomiya will be back for a couple of chapters.

PK Gaming

MHA 151

I knew it, the mangaka fucked up the main character by making him so milquetoast and mealy mouthed from the get go. So now we got supporting characters standing in for what should be the main hero. I don't see deku doing shit till we get a time skip and he's well into his teens.

Oh yeah man, for sure

• It's not Deku has been a huge asset in several major fights
  • It's not like Deku literally reached out to Todoroki when the latter was hurting when no one else would
  • It's not like Deku literally inspires his classmates to do better
  • It's not like he actually uses his brain and is rational instead of being a hotblooded asshole
  • It's not like Deku actually has to work hard to be strong instead of literally being strong because destiny said so

Fuck that pansy. Give me a bad ass like Goku, Ichigo, Natsu or Luffy fighting each and every main antagonist and inevitably winning. Actually making use out of the main cast? lol.

MHA 151

Shitty opinion, go read every other shonen for that. In this week: one piece, where anyone who isn't luffy or zoro can't win any fight (see chopper and brook this chapter).

Saotome-Senshu ch.16
Mito is loving this shit. So much. As much as I do, in fact.
Hell, her expressions are already giving more than Saotome's dead eye stares. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of their training camp goes.

Engaged to the Unidentified Vol.8 Ch.3
Well it is important to think about the future...but maybe not to that extent, Benio.

Shitty opinion, go read every other shonen for that. In this week: one piece, where anyone who isn't luffy or zoro can't win any fight (see chopper and brook this chapter).
What? What a weird counter to the argument he was making(don't agree with it)side characters win fights in one piece all the time. The last major arc was shat on because of it actually how the strawhats got their fights stolen

Top Bottom