• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 624

Well, whatever.
This whole drama was stupid.

One Piece 877

Peeeedroooooo. What a way to go. Saving Bropper there big time.

jbug617

Banned
Speaking of Irregular at Magic High School, is there a digital edition of it? Volume 5 of the VN isn't available on amazon.it yet and a quick look around only shows me physical versions.

I don't think there are digital versions of the LN. Only the Miyuki manga is available digitally.

Numb

Saotome Girl, Hitakakusu

Still remains best girl
Bless

Her family is something
Now show the dad and make sure he has a nose patch

Rokudou 58

The art is so uneven in this series.

tbh i wouldn't have recognized without the name
Isekai Goumon Hime 4

Doll waifu acquired. From her fairly, uh, devoted introductory speech, I'm assuming she's the one Numb warned me about. It's too early to form any real judgment on her, but any addition to the minuscule cast list is welcome right now. Particularly if they have doll joints.

h5KCc8z.png

Doll waifu is great
I like how if he chose any other setting he would have been bodied

The main chick isn't nearly as cold blooded and dark as in the novel tho. Don't know how i feel about that. She is as tragic as tragic could possibly get

Yuzumori-san 22

That dastardly Ririha. I hope Yuzumori destroyed her at whatever game they were playing, particularly if it was Mario Kart. Well, we were overdue for some drama between the couple anyway.

Fbh

Promised Neverland 53

Going to have to agree with the poster above that it's probably a test. Though it would be interesting for them to also have to worry about the humans in this world.

Hunter X hunter 370
Damn, I'm really loving this arc. Hopefully it isn't a year until it continues.

My hero academia 151
I continue to 100% agree that he would have been a better successor to Allmight. Can we have him be the main character please?

Doctor Stone 25

I wonder how the village will react to electricity.

Zweizer

Banned
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch48

It was a pretty normal sleepover all things considered. No fainting from Bocchi's part!

What a bully.

Elf-san wa Yaserarenai. ch9

Ah, unpaid overtime. A chief staple of our current society.

That was surprisingly scary.

Yuzumori-san ch22

What a scary little schemer.

Beastars ch48

It's gotten pretty peaceful again. I wonder if we'll ever get a conclusion for Louis, even if we already kinda have an idea.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch625

Carol sure is happier than Carol usually is.

Li Kao

Are there or will there soon be a new batch of quality new titles ? I could try my hands at manga again but would really prefer the freshness of reading something on equal fottings with the other readers.
The last attempt I made was when We never learns etc. where launched. Is Hungry Mary still translated ?

Zweizer

Banned
Are there or will there soon be a new batch of quality new titles ? I could try my hands at manga again but would really prefer the freshness of reading something on equal fottings with the other readers.
The last attempt I made was when We never learns etc. where launched. Is Hungry Mary still translated ?

From this year, we have:

Melancholia by Dowman Sayman
Reiraku by Inio Asano
Goblin is Very Strong by Salamander
Moee-chan wa Ki ni Shinai by Takayuki

They're all ongoing series, though Reiraku is one chapter away from being done, Goblin and Moee-chan are monthly, and Melancholia seems to have an erratic release schedule.

We also have stuff like Ao No Flag, Beastars, Violence Action, Saotome-Girl, Hitakakusu & Sheriff Evans' Lies. All of which I know a few of us are reading in here. (All apart from Beastars are under twenty chapters.)

Golden Kamuy Ch114-116: Just when I thought this thing couldn't get any stranger...

Is Hungry Marie really a quality title?

Id suggest Shudan.

Also Our Lonely War, which just started 3 months ago.

zroid

Banned
How different is the Mahouka manga compared to the LN? I know Miyuki is the focus in the manga but does it follow the LN?

The Miyuki manga is a good companion to the LN. Sometimes it gives you background info for the LN, other times it goes into detail about events that were glossed over. Basically that's the point of it. I definitely wouldn't read it without having read the LN or at least watched the anime.

Chase17

Shudan 10
I enjoyed the Kamoshida flashback leading right into the aftermath of Nanase's goal. Hopefully Kamoshida and Atsumi get to stick around (which seems likely). Soshi going for the hug and catching himself was pretty funny, as was Nanase's revenge face.

Response to Nanse's proposal of her and Soshi practicing with Kamoshida:
"Are you Biscuit? Are you the kind of person who would pit Gon and Killua against Binolt?"
"Who are you calling Binolt! I'm definitely more like Knuckle"
Funny exchange, even Kamoshida knows that Knuckle is great. Nice kid debate.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden kamuy 116
Sugimoto save the day by recommending sumo wrestler in the nick of time. I imagine things could get even dangerous if they didn't release their urge. Also, i can't stop laughing. This shit is hilarious

Mousou Telepathy Ch437: Continues to be great.
I guess this is where those Yuri tags came from?
Honesty Mana, either looks good!

Violence Action Ch6.1-6.3: Nice little mini series arc there. Lover boy has grown on me, seems like the mad hatter of the group.

Dungeon Seeker Ch13-14: Even it's edginess has edges. Just how edgy is it, you ask? Well, here's how edgy it is! Warning (Seriously NSFW):
I mean it!
Look how serious I am. My warning has warnings that they themselves have warnings.
Contains sex, rape, sexual body modification, murder, slavery and anal tonguing.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ReLIFE

These characters should consider having sex. Just saying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dungeon Seeker Ch13-14: Even it's edginess has edges. Just how edgy is it, you ask? Well, here's how edgy it is! Warning (Seriously NSFW):
I mean it!
Look how serious I am. My warning has warnings that they themselves have warnings.
Contains sex, rape, sexual body modification, murder, slavery and anal tonguing.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

He tries to be an edgelord but I can tell he comes from the Nasu School of Writing.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 39

RIP man cave. I don't consider that to be a satisfactory trade, but to each their own. Also this chapter raises an interesting dilemma - if the demon monk dies, who resurrects him?

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 12 (END)

This manga has ended. Actually, considering what I expected when I heard this was the last chapter, that wasn't as terrible as I'd feared/hoped.

Kako and the False Detective 6

If Kako can visualise things into existence inside that world, I feel like she missed some good opportunities there. Also there's no way the lines on the outfit of the newcomer would line up that perfectly. I refuse to accept it.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Ch139: That's not good. Not good at all.

Saotome-Senshu, Hitakakusu Ch17: The trinity of evil eyes has been born!

Biorg Trinity Ch16: Alright, I'm a little lost...

Dr. Stone 25

Feels too early for electricity, what will there be to recreate on chapter 50, 75, 100, etc.

Owari no Serafu 61
DI4355wXcAApjVr.jpg

This was an awesome chapter, and, how could anyone dislike Ferid anymore after this. Also I cant wait to see who the final boss is, everyone will be united.

mdubs

Banned
Finally I have caught up. Dr. Stone and the Promised Neverland are still fantastic. We Never Learn is still strong.

Robot x Laserbeam is still utter trash sports manga

Elf-san wa Yaserarenai 9

lol, those stories weren't scary at all. Though that ending.

We Can't Study 26

of course she said no and Yuiga believed her. I mean why make progress

Promised Neverland 53

I think someone should have asked how his companions died in only 13 years, 13 years doesnt seem that long. Also he asked them how they survived but didnt wait for an answer.

Food Wars 229
DI5ADAfVAAA6LVz.jpg

Best nickname. Hoping SoTaku win, Tadokoro lose, but itd probably be a Taku Tadokoro win, Soma lose, unless all 3 have to win?

Want to see the Shinomiya story, should be fun.

BLack Clover 123

Good acting from Dorksta at the end there. Perfect chapter again, and I knew deep down Xerxes is a great guy. Dorksta befriends so many awesome people.

Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido Arc 1

Can Yahiko be lead some day? I assume he will come along too?

Arabesque

Ah, Jump is out, so I should check out the RK series then

Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido Arc 1

Can Yahiko be lead some day? I assume he will come along too?

There's going to be 5 major arcs, so I guess he will feature from time to time?

Best nickname. Hoping SoTaku win, Tadokoro lose, but itd probably be a Taku Tadokoro win, Soma lose, unless all 3 have to win?

You have placed the most outlandish outcome as the most probable one here.

There is no way Soma loses here. Tadokoro's victory is setting at 50/50, but even then it seems more set up for a moral victory than an actual one.

Arslan 50

Even knowing what happens, it was still a pretty exciting match, mainly the part with Arslan getting all angry for once, wow.

UQ Holder 139

I hope this gets animated, seemed like an epic final battle, if only I knew all these characters more, though the Father Son aspect of it and the large scale of this battle is still so epic.

Soma and Tadokoro win, Takumi loses. Thats my guess for this round.

I'm thinking the same. If someone is going to lose, its going to be Takumi I think. Then again he is facing Aizan, who hasn't really won much in this manga. Soma isn't going to lose because he's the main character. Tadokoro will probably have a difficult match.

Mousou Telepathy Ch438: What's the bet someone walks in on her as she continues to straddle her, while also being topless?

Tomo-Chan Ch520-527: Uh-huh... so that's how it goes, huh?

Zweizer

Banned
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou ch12 (End)

Well it ended on a rather unremarkable note, but hey, it's a good ending at least, and considering how quickly things went it's not too bad all things considered. Would still have preferred that the 80 years penalty happened though.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch39

Good thing Scientist is here to keep them financially afloat.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch39

It was well worth the sacrifice in the end.

Yuri Mekuru Oshigoto ch17

Despite the struggle, it ended surprisingly well.

NeoGAF.gif

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch627

No need to hurry things along now I guess.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch.39
As someone that appreciates having a place of solitude, I can't help but feel for the priest's sacrifice. Though a hot spring isn't so bad of a trade I guess.

Saotome-Senshu ch.17
Evil eyes intensifies...

Getter Robo Devolution ch.20
Battle's not done yet. Even with the tried and true tactics, the devolutionary body keeps growing massively...well, one limb at a time though.

I honestly can't tell at this point if this battle ending will mean there's more to come, or if this is fight is gearing up to some sort of finale. All the other universes that have the Emperor get erased at some point, this universe's time has to be coming up soon.

Tomo-chan ch.624-627
That ended well I guess. Good job Senpai.

Misuzu still needs to pay in some form, though. Just not as severe as I was thinking earlier.

mdubs

Banned
I'm thinking the same. If someone is going to lose, its going to be Takumi I think. Then again he is facing Aizan, who hasn't really won much in this manga. Soma isn't going to lose because he's the main character. Tadokoro will probably have a difficult match.
Takumi putting over Eizan does nothing though since he already lost to Soma so I don't know how they will resolve this in a satisfying way since Eizan will just exist to job to someone afterwards. This entire tournament is just losing steam for me in general because it ultimately comes down to figuring out a credible way to have Soma win against Tsukasa and
Rindo and I can't figure out a way this will happen satisfyingly.

It also doesn't help me that I don't find Tsukasa interesting. I wish they had gone in the direction of making Rindo the real best chef (like Joichiro being better than Dojima despite being 2nd seat) to have her be the ultimate competitor for Soma.

Takumi putting over Eizan does nothing though since he already lost to Soma so I don't know how they will resolve this in a satisfying way since Eizan will just exist to job to someone afterwards. This entire tournament is just losing steam for me in general because it ultimately comes down to figuring out a credible way to have Soma win against Tsukasa and

It also doesn't help me that I don't find Tsukasa interesting. I wish they had gone in the direction of making Rindo the real best chef (like Joichiro being better than Dojima despite being 2nd seat) to have her be the ultimate competitor for Soma.

Pretty sure that is the case for Rindou with her being the better cook than Tsukasa who is keeping the 1st seat for her so she can be free of its responsibilities.

Pretty sure that is the case for Rindou with her being the better cook than Tsukasa who is keeping the 1st seat for her so she can be free of its responsibilities.

Yeah I'm not sure if you can really draw a conclusion of who's better between the two based upon what we've seen so far.

Yeah I'm not sure if you can really draw a conclusion of who's better between the two based upon what we've seen so far.

I think it's very interesting in this regard that during the last round they explained every dish to some degree except Rindou's. We know hers was good enough to beat Megashima, but that's all we know. I feel like the writer is definitely trying to intentionally obscure her true skill level for some reason, which leads me to believe she's better than Tsukasa

I think it's very interesting in this regard that during the last round they explained every dish to some degree except Rindou's. We know hers was good enough to beat Megashima, but that's all we know. I feel like the writer is definitely trying to intentionally obscure her true skill level for some reason, which leads me to believe she's better than Tsukasa

The only reason I could see that is if the final four are Soma, Erina, Rindou, and Tsukasa where Soma takes on Tsukasa and wins while Erina loses to Rindou with the stunner she's actually better then Tsukasa leading to a final match of the true two best students in the school.

Seifuku no Vampiress Lord 7

Cheating on your blood bank is wrong, unless it's for the purpose of building a yuri harem, in which case donating blood should be encouraged. I guess we're completely done with the vampire secrecy thing, if it was even a thing in the first place.

~~~~HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!~~~~~

No it's not a YOTSUBA chapter.

It's Shonen Jump's 50th anniversary universal manga competition.

Entry Period
Jun. 22nd 2017 - 23:59 p.m. to Jan. 5th 2018 (JST)

Prize
・Grand Prize: ¥1,000,000 and Serialization in Shonen Jump (Print or Digital)
・Runner-up: ¥300,000 and Serialization in Jump Plus or in a special edition of Jump
・Finalist: ¥50,000

Submission Details
・Any genre allowed
・One-shot no longer than 55 pages
・Must not have been published in any commercial magazine or on any commercial website
・Must be black and white
・Text must be horizontal
・Panels should be read from right to left

Languages
Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Russian, French, and Spanish

I entered something I finished last year since it fit the requirements...I don't know if I can finish something else by Jan. But it'd be great if a NeoGaffer won.

My entry if anyone's interested---it's about a lesbian trapped in a reverse harem til she meets a demon caterer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*reads latest Viz Jump*
Posuka Demizu of Promised Neverland asks how comments are translated in English. ... Is translation not a thing in Japan?

Neither could the mangaka of aot when he submitted to jump

Oooooooooooooh

Top Bottom