• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 8

I've developed a pre-emptive phobia of head snakes, should evolution ever permit them to exist. The club president's come a long way from the whole 'ordering people to their deaths' plan in chp 2.

I'm amazed she's still alive with how brutal this manga's been, to be quite honest.

I did get a laugh at that line. Was the Pres always stacked like that?

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 8

Another good chapter. I know a lot of people don't like "monster of the week" format stuff but I think for a work that mirrors itself after a lot of OLD horror manga, it works very well for what it's trying to do. It also has a continuing narrative with the Occult Club gaining new members (one of them being Eguchi).

Some really good horror shots like the dude's guts spilling out and the monkey monsters losing their shit after one gets shot, but that Tsuchinoko is the stuff of fucking nightmares.

I really enjoy such an old-school approach to horror, it's really refreshing compared to a lot of the horror we get now.

Kengan Asura 53

Pretty good fight, not much to say. Had some really good action direction, especially that four panel page that showed just a brief clip of the choreography of what was going on. Pretty neat. Reian using his own blood and not being serious explains why Rihito and the bathroom looked the way they did after their fight. Fight is just getting started but it looks like it'll turn out fun. I honestly don't know who will win, though I'm leaning towards the Brit since the daughter of the Kure clan is in the tournament too.

Sayaka is still a treasure and I'm super amused that the Kure clan believes martial arts is genetic. "We fucked a lot of martial artists over 1300 years to get where we are"

Keyman 54

HOLY SHIT THIS CHAPTER

This chapter was the fucking best. The action was insane and it managed to take a very serious chapter and infuse it with humor throughout with a lot of the silly drawings the mangaka does when doing goofy faces. It also reminded me of best girl:

img000008.png

Mmm yeah. All the women in the brothel being fucking ridiculously strong fighters was telegraphed the past couple chapters and the reveal at the end was handled so hilariously; you went from shocked to confused to laughing to FUCK YEAH in like one page. And then the chapter ends with Aaron confronting Alex in a super serious moment.

This chapter was amazing in every way.

Youkai Shoujo Monsuga 92

Oh surprise, Hime reisshi is fucking amazing and she's the best character and nothing else matters because Hime.

Fujimi Lovers 12

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch507

Good thing he knows her well.

Keijo ch120-123

Nice finish, though it would seem Nozomi can't catch a break.

The jig is up! There's no need to be shy about it~

I want some form of confession by the end of the fight.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch159

Man, I hope it'll go well for her. She doesn't have it easy.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch93

Nice legs. Hime delivers~

Tejina Senpai ch44

Senpai's flaw is that she's too good.

My Hero Academia ch128

How convenient.

bobohoro

Youkai Shoujo 92

Disposable fruits of love is kinda tragic.
Still, Hime did not dissapoint.

Domestic Na Kanojo 91

Dumb chapter.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 159

This is so gonna hurt.

upandaway

Hero Academia

I'm a bit disappointed in how that turned out. Nighteye dished out some pretty on point criticisms (the gimped Gran Torino stuff, boring personality etc) and it doesn't feel like that went anywhere. It is interesting that he wants to make Deku give up but I can't see him doing anything towards that end, if he seriously wanted to do that he could do much worse than just employ him.

Bummer about the rough art in the chapter, hopefully he managed to recover it by next week (and maybe fix it for the volume releases)

cntr

Banned
Horikoshi has had to simplify or leave out pages to meet deadlines before (the Sports Festival has even more pages in the volume releases), so I wonder if this chapter was streamlined because of whatever happened?

e: Black Clover and MHA are both getting anime soon, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Shengar

Keyman 54

HOLY SHIT THIS CHAPTER

This chapter was the fucking best. The action was insane and it managed to take a very serious chapter and infuse it with humor throughout with a lot of the silly drawings the mangaka does when doing goofy faces. It also reminded me of best girl:

Mmm yeah. All the women in the brothel being fucking ridiculously strong fighters was telegraphed the past couple chapters and the reveal at the end was handled so hilariously; you went from shocked to confused to laughing to FUCK YEAH in like one page. And then the chapter ends with Aaron confronting Alex in a super serious moment.

This chapter was amazing in every way.

What's this?

Horikoshi has had to simplify or leave out pages to meet deadlines before (the Sports Festival has even more pages in the volume releases), so I wonder if this chapter was streamlined because of whatever happened?

e: Black Clover and MHA are both getting anime soon, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I dont think people should be worried, its not like no author doesnt correct their chapters in volume releases.

Also nothing will ever be as bad as that one BLue Exorcist chapter.

Droplet

Adding pages in the volume release doesn't really indicate running out of time so much as it does running out of space in the magazine version.

cntr

Banned
Adding pages in the volume release doesn't really indicate running out of time so much as it does running out of space in the magazine version.
Probably. But I'd bet it was time in this case.

we'll see whenever Volume 14 gets released, I guess

One Punch man 116 raw

I am getting a bit fed up how little time Murata spends on Saitama, the primary hook of this series. Sure it is nice to flesh out other characters, but so much digression...I guess this shows how far Shuryu is from the stronger heroes and villains though. For instance, Boros would obviously squish this monster association guy.

bobohoro

Shokugeki No Soma 204

That's not any posture to ski down a mountain.
And why would I not be surprised to see Ghoul Azami in Tokyo Ghoul:re? Those eyes.

At least Erina stood up to her dad. I mildly feared her faltering once more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's only like 2 plausible ways the Regimental Shokugeki Arc ends:

A) Rebels win the shokugeki, get onto the Elite 10 and the series ends without any particular conclusion;

B) Rebels win the shokugeki but don't simply assign themselves the Elite 10 positions which results either in an open competition OR the original E10 gets their spots back, although they institute the conditions of restoring the expelled students and instead expelling Azami. They continue on as if nothing happened and have to earn shots at the same E10 members from before. For comedy purposes, Joichirou probably then explains this kind of hostile takeover happens a lot.

Distant third possibility:

C) The rebels lose, but the remaining members reverse their votes and choose to leave them in the school and expel Azami instead. This happens for Rindou Reasons™.

I don't think its very likely the series would keep going if Soma and his friends were allowed to simply install themselves and their friends in the Elite 10 and just continue on like its not a big deal they're the top shit in the school.

The Central 6 are stupid as fuck for letting Azami stay on as Dean anyways. He just bet their futures and places on the Ten as part of a petty scheme to woo his high school husbando.

mdubs

Banned
B) will happen. The series has to get to the point somehow where Soma is the no1 best chef at the school (even if he isn't no1 seat) so he can face Joichiro to end the series. He ain't going to do that by randomly getting onto the elite 10 from the regimental shokugeki.

Plus there is way too much potential material with him facing off 1v1 against any given Council member (especially Rindo)

PK Gaming

Soma

I can't believe Alice is missing out on this, this is some mad bs

7VqXgRF.png

My Hero Academia

That was painful to read. I hope Horikoshi is doing okay

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 128

Honestly, even with the unfinished art this chapter, I find Deku getting ripped into yet still passing in the end more unsatisfying.

Ascheroth

I guess now we know why Black Clover and Hero Academia were rough this week.
VYPsUPW.png

Those slackers!
Nah, there wasn't really anything special mentioned in the authors comments, hm.

Mahou Shoujo of the End 47

Alright, look, okay?

I don't know how they did it. And I'm not happy about it.

But they somehow made the shitbag rapist policeman one of the most bad-ass characters in this series, and I am REALLY unhappy that I like him. Maybe he's become less of a shitbridge but...ugh.

Meanwhile

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THIS MANGA ANYMORE

shokugeki no soma 203

Not surprised that ended in a draw. It was just a training match anyway. But, it seems like Erina is realizing she can act like a normal person

shokugeki no soma 204

Lol Eizan doesn't look happy to see Souma. Also, its about time Erina stood up to Azami.

PK Gaming

I did a spittake at how ludicrous this panel was.

I enjoy it, but tbh it's weird after they spend so long trying to make Azami all menacing and stuff

I'm very glad.

Soma is slowly reclaiming it's original facetious feel. It was taking itself too seriously with the Azami/central nonsense.

Top Bottom