• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Shouta

Mahoujin Guru Guru is getting a new anime series. Man, I am so happy about that, lol.

Prison School 246 (Raw)

Oh Kiyoshi, this is only going to backfire on you again and poor Gakuto is gonna get the brunt of it. Mitsuko landing in Kiyoshi's face in that position is pretty amazing. It's an excuse for the author to show lewd material but imagining how that entire situation occurs from the panels makes it so silly.

Nordicus

Nekomata 1-6

Thief-taker living with a bunch of crazy affectionate cat ayakashi that only he can see.

cja9b4S.jpg

The glomp is real

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mousou Telepathy 185 - 209

Yeah, Nanako doesn't really need to study, though it might depend on how well her classmates studied.

Also, looks like Nanako and Toda are about to have a touching moment.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 53

Looks like there was some slight plot in this chapter. Though it was already obvious, looks like both Kogarashi and Yuuna are into each other, so all the other girls have pretty much no chance.
She's gonna die at the end tho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even for Fairy Tail this twist is dumb as fuck.

Like how did Mavis give birth while encased in a crystal

When did Zeref and Mavis have sex given that she "died" when they kissed for the first time

Or, how did Zeref have sex with her while she was comatose in a crystal hidden in FT's basement

What

Taruranto

kuroko is just a horrible basketball manga thats why it bombed in the land of basketball.

I will forever stanby my word that kuroko is shit, Slam dunk and REAL are the only good ones and the fact that both are written by Takehiko Inoue is telling.

Does Kuroko count as a basketball manga when they are not actually playing basketball, though?

Never forget.

I think the one thing, if anything, that we can glean from the charts is that series with anime adaptions, even old ones, tend to sell exponentially more than series that don't. There are a few series that were successful without an anime yet (Ancient Magus Bride is the one that sticks out most to me, and Punpun is doing relatively well for good word of mouth reasons), but the list is dominated by anime driven properties.

No world trigger is sad.

Fbh

The Promised Neverland 30

This chapter felt kinda unnecessary to be honest. Seems like we are left at the same spot as last week.

I guess we won't see anything of Norman until the actual escape. But from his reaction and the way the scene played out it's clear he wasn't simply killed.
Also, it's weird that he wouldn't mention anything about the pen to his friends. I though he mabye had a plan but here it really seemed like he had just accepted that he would die.

elyetis

Ahiru no Sora is a pretty good basketball manga but it doesn't seem to have gotten much following, but I don't think the scanlation goes very far ( luckily even with poor sales it still get released in France, but in double volume ).

L.O.R.D

Even for Fairy Tail this twist is dumb as fuck.

Like how did Mavis give birth while encased in a crystal

When did Zeref and Mavis have sex given that she "died" when they kissed for the first time

Or, how did Zeref have sex with her while she was comatose in a crystal hidden in FT's basement

What
i am also wondering how,maybe they slept together and gave birth to him before she dies?
she ran a way from the guild and maybe they found her after one year?

Angry Grimace

i am also wondering how,maybe they slept together and gave birth to him before she dies?
she ran a way from the guild and maybe they found her after one year?

Except she fell into a coma when they had their first kiss...so I guess they saved their first kiss for after having had sex, or possibly Mavis meant the "kiss" in a euphemistic way because she thought "graphic unprotected sexual intercourse" would make the story less classically romantic/tragic. Or she got magically pregnant through the Force. And then Precht performed a magical Caeserian on a comatose loli while she was encased in a rock and then threw the baby out on the street.

Holy fuck, this manga is more bizarre and perverse than any of the weird shit you guys read.

Taruranto

Yuureitou 36

Jesus, this was one long, epic derail. I'm enjoying the main mystery and Tetsuo's character, but Tachi and his relationship with him are kinda meh to me.

I know this is stuff you don't usually see in Japanese works, but the
Opium village's arc
felt a bit too heavily handled in its themes.
Rika's past and Tetsuo's interactions with the doc/his ex fiance were pretty great on other hand... yeah, basically everything not the related with the main character.

Angry Grimace

Yuragi 54

Chisaki is thirsty as fuck. She also seems to have a very specific fantasy involving Fuyuzora.

Dr.Stone 2

This was kind of quick to resolve the end of the world plague....Looks really good otherwise!

Hungry Marie 3

Easily my second favorite JUMP start so far. Taiga and Marie have a great combo so far and the moment with his grandma was super funny. Interested on how this goes forward!

Other then that

Best Food wars chapter in a while. This guy knows how to introduce people in a really cool way!

Black clover had a super sweet conclusion, interested in how they handle the fate power though.

MHA is back and the way Deku handle this situation got me so much. Nobody would give back a little girl holding you because she's obviously super scared...Good on Deku for following his hero heart. Best Hero.

PNL....Norman stays alive.

OPM was pretty awesome. Murata god of action moments.

For Jump starts I'm going with
1.Poro
2.Hungry Marie
3.Dr.Stone
4.U19
5.WNL

Excited for Robot x Laserbeam even if VIz won't ever pick it up.

cntr

Banned
Dr.Stone 2

This was kind of quick to resolve the end of the world plague....Looks really good otherwise!
This isn't going to insta-solve the issue, 'cause they don't have the resources to produce that all much acid, and they don't have the resources to support everybody in the end.

Conflict is going to come from deciding who to revive (Someone useful? Or someone "important" to someone else? Or other factors?), so there's still interest to be generated even with a cure.

This isn't going to insta-solve the issue, 'cause they don't have the resources to produce that all much acid, and they don't have the resources to support everybody in the end.

Conflict is going to come from deciding who to revive (Someone useful? Or someone "important" to someone else? Or other factors?), so there's still interest to be generated even with a cure.

True; but I just think the way they cured it seemed anti-wow! If that makes sense. That plagued made the world end and they cure it with acid and alcohol. But yea the aftermath of this find will be the problem.

BLack Clover
C60EquwW0AEjzPf.jpg:small

What a happy arc ending, Mars and Dorksta are friends, Vanessa is happily talking to the witch again and she healed everyone. I cant ask for anything better than this.

Dorskta head exploding and the commentary made me laugh heavily, lol.

L.O.R.D

Except she fell into a coma when they had their first kiss...so I guess they saved their first kiss for after having had sex, or possibly Mavis meant the "kiss" in a euphemistic way because she thought "graphic unprotected sexual intercourse" would make the story less classically romantic/tragic. Or she got magically pregnant through the Force. And then Precht performed a magical Caeserian on a comatose loli while she was encased in a rock and then threw the baby out on the street.

Holy fuck, this manga is more bizarre and perverse than any of the weird shit you guys read.

or maybe she got pregnant through the power of NAKAMA?

Arabesque

Food Wars

What?!?!?! No one mentioned Kuga was joining TeamYukihira!!! This was an awesome surprise.

I mean, its technically Team Erina/Rebels, and come on. Kuga and the removed Elite 10 were literally always hinted to join the rebels in the final conflict of this arc.

I fully expect the crew on the SJ podcast to not only be surprised, but also wonder if all these characters are new and why Hayama isn't on the team :p

True; but I just think the way they cured it seemed anti-wow! If that makes sense. That plagued made the world end and they cure it with acid and alcohol. But yea the aftermath of this find will be the problem.

Also if they don't figure our what caused the stone phenomena in the first place there is no garuntee it won't happen again after they free everyone.

Viz Shonen Jump 3/13/17

One Piece

Seems like there are more members of big mom's crew who are looking for a chance to revolt based upon the Pekrom's scene. Chapter really is sending up flags about Carrot joining the crew long term with her fascination of what else is out there in the world.

My Hero Academia

Overhaul is the villain this series deserves badly. Dude owns every scene he's in and is the right kind of twisted and manipulative that'll make when Deku smashes his face in all the more satisfying. Shiragaki is a loser and I'm hoping that call is a sign he's going to work with Overhaul and let the man lead.

Dr Stone

Our two leads make this series work and I'm having a blast with it so far. Looking forward to seeing how things develop when there is one girl added to the mix assuming they do free the love interest.

The Promised Neverland

No death scene, no body, no death. Clearly Norman was never going to die Mama has bigger plans for all three kids. The melodrama with Emma and Ray really worked since even if we know Norman isn't dead they don't realize it and it made the farewell scene really hit home.

Hungry Marie

Yeah this is great, the body swapping mechanic has tons of potential for hilarious situations and the supporting cast and love interst are all very entertaining. This is the best jump start and I would be stunned if Viz doesn't pick it up.

Food Wars

So the 4 we expected to join team resistance are the 4 we got. The former 3 seat really needed to get some kind of introduction his refusal to join central and sudden important feel really out of place. Honestly most of the council of 10 wasn't well developed before this point which hurts the tension of this tournament.

Black Clover

I'm glad the series literally included a "I don't understand whats going on, don't worry its not important" line during the exposition dump since it was really dull. Mars and Ladros with the promise to come back for the final battle makes sense and will be a moment analise climaxes during the final arc.

One Punch Man

Even if I did care about this its released so irregularly its impossible to follow. Weren't we in some kind of martial arts filler tournament was that arc dropped or what?

I mean, its technically Team Erina/Rebels, and come on. Kuga and the removed Elite 10 were literally always hinted to join the rebels in the final conflict of this arc.

I fully expect the crew on the SJ podcast to not only be surprised, but also wonder if all these characters are new and why Hayama isn't on the team :p

The viz poscast is the most fake shit I listen to on a weekly basis. Though it does give me joy when they talk about a series that nobody likes such as Poro or RWBY and they basically say "the art is so good/its so funny" for like 30 seconds and move on.

Angry Grimace

Food Wars

What?!?!?! No one mentioned Kuga was joining TeamYukihira!!! This was an awesome surprise.

It's Erina's team; they specifically pointed it out last chapter and this chapter.

Also if they don't figure our what caused the stone phenomena in the first place there is no garuntee it won't happen again after they free everyone.

Viz Shonen Jump 3/13/17

One Piece

Seems like there are more members of big mom's crew who are looking for a chance to revolt based upon the Pekrom's scene. Chapter really is sending up flags about Carrot joining the crew long term with her fascination of what else is out there in the world.

My Hero Academia

Overhaul is the villain this series deserves badly. Dude owns every scene he's in and is the right kind of twisted and manipulative that'll make when Deku smashes his face in all the more satisfying. Shiragaki is a loser and I'm hoping that call is a sign he's going to work with Overhaul and let the man lead.

Dr Stone

Our two leads make this series work and I'm having a blast with it so far. Looking forward to seeing how things develop when there is one girl added to the mix assuming they do free the love interest.

The Promised Neverland

No death scene, no body, no death. Clearly Norman was never going to die Mama has bigger plans for all three kids. The melodrama with Emma and Ray really worked since even if we know Norman isn't dead they don't realize it and it made the farewell scene really hit home.

Hungry Marie

Yeah this is great, the body swapping mechanic has tons of potential for hilarious situations and the supporting cast and love interst are all very entertaining. This is the best jump start and I would be stunned if Viz doesn't pick it up.

Food Wars

So the 4 we expected to join team resistance are the 4 we got. The former 3 seat really needed to get some kind of introduction his refusal to join central and sudden important feel really out of place. Honestly most of the council of 10 wasn't well developed before this point which hurts the tension of this tournament.

Black Clover

I'm glad the series literally included a "I don't understand whats going on, don't worry its not important" line during the exposition dump since it was really dull. Mars and Ladros with the promise to come back for the final battle makes sense and will be a moment analise climaxes during the final arc.

One Punch Man

Even if I did care about this its released so irregularly its impossible to follow. Weren't we in some kind of martial arts filler tournament was that arc dropped or what?

The viz poscast is the most fake shit I listen to on a weekly basis. Though it does give me joy when they talk about a series that nobody likes such as Poro or RWBY and they basically say "the art is so good/its so funny" for like 30 seconds and move on.

The only problem I have with Hungry Marie is that it kind of blatantly apes the whole Ranma 1/2 concept. I'm sure it will be amusing though.

Call it like I hear and see it

Poro gets no discussion on the viz podcast, a super brief "ehhh" on weekly manga recap, and my topics on other manga message boards for the chapters get 2-4 post. If its done well enough in the poll to get picked up (under the assumption they don't pick everything up) I'll be legit stunned.

Call it like I hear and see it

Poro gets no discussion on the viz podcast, a super brief "ehhh" on weekly manga recap, and my topics on other manga message boards for the chapters get 2-4 post. If its done well enough in the poll to get picked up (under the assumption they don't pick everything up) I'll be legit stunned.

Last week they gave it a few minutes and they really seemed to like the chapter. Also Last week comment section had quite a few positive reactions too it and negative ones too, just like WNL and U19. They all seem to have received the same kind of reception in my mind.

Only Dr.Stone and Hungry Marie seem to have overly positve reactions.

One Punch Man is amazing. It's my first non-horror/sci-fi/dark fantasy manga, and I'm in love. Haven't been driven to buy all current volumes in a series so soon after reading the first, in quite a while.

One Punch Man is amazing. It's my first non-horror/sci-fi/dark fantasy manga, and I'm in love. Haven't been driven to buy all current volumes in a series so soon after reading the first, in quite a while.

Have you read the original webcomics? The drawing is basic, but has a charm to it. Sadly it takes forever to update.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nanatsu no Taizai Wait... back up back up back the fuck up! HOLY SHIT! This past arc is the best this manga has been in ages!!! Gowther or is it...
Merlin???
is fucking great! This coming climax is already making me really fucking giddy!

Yuragi 54

Chisaki is thirsty as fuck. She also seems to have a very specific fantasy involving Fuyuzora.

Yeah she is. Though like half the girls around Fuyuzora are.

The only problem I have with Hungry Marie is that it kind of blatantly apes the whole Ranma 1/2 concept. I'm sure it will be amusing though.

A bit, but there is the big difference of it being both Taiga and Marie in the same body. Its not just switching appearance, but consciousness, since they're two separate people. While I can see similar situations happening, I think its different enough that it will be able to be its own thing without being compared to heavily. Hopefully.

Angry Grimace

Yeah she is. Though like half the girls around Fuyuzora are.

A bit, but there is the big difference of it being both Taiga and Marie in the same body. Its not just switching appearance, but consciousness, since they're two separate people. While I can see similar situations happening, I think its different enough that it will be able to be its own thing without being compared to heavily. Hopefully.

I mean, they are, but Chisaki seems to have a very specific fantasy about being ravished by Fuyuzora that the others don't. I'm actually guessing the way this ends is that Yuuna and Fuyuzora fall in love but then she "moves on" and he ends up with Chisaki and Yuuna is like reborn as their kid or something stale like that.

I mean, this series is practically a straight up TLR riff, but it manages to be entertaining solely because Fuyuzora's random skills are entertaining and actually provide some kind of plausible reason the girls like him, whereas the TLR guy was mostly just incompetent and girls liked him for no particular reason.

Lamia, the Carry-Out Office Lady (NSFW doujin)
Office romances are a terrible idea, unless the other party is a monster girl, in which case you have my blessing. Though personally I'd lynch her for breaking the figure collection. It's dawned on me that although lamia characters are fairly prevalent among MGs, I can't think of a single one I've been that keen on.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 526

Well, credit where credit's due, I didn't think of the possibility.
But it's also totally random and inconsequential.
Just changes the fact that pleasure guy didn't really incest force molest his own loli mother.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail 526

Well, credit where credit's due, I didn't think of the possibility.
But it's also totally random and inconsequential.
Just changes the fact that pleasure guy didn't really incest force molest his own loli mother.

Except all of the possibilities of how Zeref got Mavis pregnant are putrid and disturbing.

Zweizer

Banned
Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood ch2

A pretty short summary of how things went for them in real life. They had to fight hard for this marriage to happen.

bobohoro

Except all of the possibilities of how Zeref got Mavis pregnant are putrid and disturbing.

You don't believe in pregnancy due to kissing?
You impure soul!

And who knows just what substance it was that crystalized around Mavis!

Don't remember if it has been mentioned, don't care, just wanted to make a dirty joke.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi 18

The dungeon's starting to get really dangerous now, heck. Got scared there.
Also not looking forward to seeing the traitors next chapter, jerks. Hmph.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 46

Sketchy woman with the big glasses is such a piece of shit, my god. As if the mushroom haired dude wasn't bad enough. Would be disappointed if Futaba bought into her nonsense.

Also, this is back on hiatus again. Asano peaced out to play his Switch I guess.

mellow

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 46

Sketchy woman with the big glasses is such a piece of shit, my god. As if the mushroom haired dude wasn't bad enough. Would be disappointed if Futaba bought into her nonsense.

Also, this is back on hiatus again. Asano peaced out to play his Switch I guess.

he has a new manga being serialized so I figured this would be the case

that or he would just end dead dead demon's next volume or something

which I'd honestly be fine with

Top Bottom