• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Fancolors

The initial Ohga/Kariu stuff was cute, but these extra made-up problems have been draining as fuck to read.

I think they were alright on the beginning because even when the story focused on them, it was a mean of furthering Kazu's growth in the experiment. Right now it just feels like unnecessary filler. It would have helped if we had more clear sign of Ohga's issues before.

Someone was talking about a new series that only had like 4 chapters out, and I read them, but also forgot to bookmark it so now I don't remember it. It's a high school kid who's pretty ruthless who gets summoned to a medieval world and then fights some mages and knights.
He kills the head mage and then escapes and joins a merc guild.

Started reading Kuroko's Basketball the other day. It's nice, although the characters haven't immediately grabbed me like Haikyuu did when I read through that recently.

So Spring Weapon No. 1 has pulled off a Sket Dance level turnaround ranking wise (W1=Last, W2=Last, W3=2nd Last, W4=2nd Last, W5=2nd Last, W6=2nd Last, W7=3rd Last, W8=9/16 and from there Sket Dance started to stabilize as a random up and down ranked manga), but that won't save it if it's volumes keep selling like utter shit. The mangaka better pray that Vol.3 actually makes the top 50 list.

The volume sales were very disappointing to hear. I'll be down at NYC in a couple weeks, so I'm wondering if it'll be at Kinokuniya...

Hoping Hungry Marie pulls through as well.

screw one piece, this is excessive

Wow!

Ascheroth

Someone was talking about a new series that only had like 4 chapters out, and I read them, but also forgot to bookmark it so now I don't remember it. It's a high school kid who's pretty ruthless who gets summoned to a medieval world and then fights some mages and knights.
He kills the head mage and then escapes and joins a merc guild.
Wortenia Senki?

casiopao

Hayate No Gotoku END

Well, that's something I guess.
I'm not even mad.
Well...
Mostly.

Manga was fun most of the time with a nice cast of characters, but it certainly fell apart in the end. Can't really recommend starting it at this point if you don't just want to waste quite a lot of time on nothing special.

A disappointing ending hiks.T_T Not even Maria is seen i think? It is like Hata just kinda tired and quickly finish the series there.

hungry marie 9 - 9.5

poor taiga, he'll never get his body back at this rate. Though I guess it saves him trouble of marie coming out and transforming into a guy.

It has the benefit of so many direct to dumpster series being added to the magazine recently. Maybe they cancel SW in favor of HM or WNL in the "we'll give you a bit longer to see if things grow" category.

Unless they have a stacked stable full of ready to go mangas I see them killing U19/Poro this round to give more time for ranking/sales growth for the 4 newcomers + SW. Who knows what the fuck Jump will do, having 6 new series in a batch never happened before (4 series was the most if I'm remembering right) so who knows what new ideas Jump will try to pull.

Love Live - School Idol Days Bloopers (SFW doujin)
iePeHmm.png
This is actually a pretty hilarious idea, and it works great with a pair of uncharacteristic stories like these. Sure, the more bloodthirsty part of me feels slightly cheated by this new theatrical slant, but on balance the added (+retrospective) humour is worth it.

Unless they have a stacked stable full of ready to go mangas I see them killing U19/Poro this round to give more time for ranking/sales growth for the 4 newcomers + SW. Who knows what the fuck Jump will do, having 6 new series in a batch never happened before (4 series was the most if I'm remembering right) so who knows what new ideas Jump will try to pull.

Apparently poro and u19 are rushing towards the final bosses of their series

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch864

So much chaos, and the main event hasn't even started yet. Judge breaking down is pretty satisfying to see.

My Hero Academia ch136

At least Eraserhead knows that it's pointless to try and restraint them.

Hungry Marie ch9.5

Puberty is a bitch.

caliph95

I actually like his design a lot. He actually looks like a normal black man which in manga is kinda rare.

Also he totally looks like Lucio.
I wish we see more of him honestly i really like his design even if he is an asshole though he will be the endearing kind probably

kadotsu

Banned
Hero Academia

Does anyone else feel Hirokoshi is finally at the arc he actually wants to do? The chapters don't have any of the cliff note feeling anymore and we get way more storylines as opposed to just plot.

Dr. Stone 9

"You won't like because science would never lie"

Ok that makes absolutely zero sense but whatever?

BokuHero 136

Madness? Don't tell me One for All has some kind of Berserker form. Or is he talking about the inheritance of all the previous owners living in you?

One Piece 864

C-1y582XUAALM3c.jpg

Gotta appreciate how little of a fuck Brook gives to a YONKOU

Ascheroth

Black Clover 108

I've been enjoying this more and more lately. It's honestly great fun when it's mainly character interactions instead of fighting one-dimensional villain caricatures.
So this new arc is likely going to be very entertaining.

Dr. Stone 09

Yuzuriha went from being 'the girl' to becoming 'the hostage'. Sigh.
Honestly I had great expectations but this has been very middling after the first few chapters. I wouldn't even really care if it got the axe at this point unless something great happens soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Honestly this is pretty fucking bad. This was basically just a rehash of Nikumi v. Soma where he's like "I'm from a diner so I know special diner shit" and then blew away someone else's specialty. An Elite 10 member's specialty at that.

MCD

Shokugeki no Soma

Honestly this is pretty fucking bad. This was basically just a rehash of Nikumi v. Soma where he's like "I'm from a diner so I know special diner shit" and then blew away someone else's specialty. An Elite 10 member's specialty at that.

She was by the book specialty. She's boring as fuck. Zero creativity from a so called Elite Ten member.

Bubububu my family is all Soba.

Deadly

Shokugeki no Soma

Now that you mention it, that's quite accurate. Although we could be surprised and next chapter shows Soma lost?

I think what's interesting about Nene is her past with Isshiki, hopefully that's explained more

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Happiness ch. 28

This was genuinely sweet. Good for Gosho. She's been through so much.

Still expecting horrible things to happen to the guy.

Aizo

Banned
I need that updated image of the Oda Jesus thing someone made a few years back.

Also, sorry I don't post here anymore. Only really reading Western comics right now, but I'll be back one day...
One day...

Kieli

She was by the book specialty. She's boring as fuck. Zero creativity from a so called Elite Ten member.

Then it's stupid the author forced her to have no creativity as the highest seat of the 2nd year council. How did she get up there without having oodles of creativity?

If he's beating her at her own specialty, she needs to abdicate her position to him and go back to being a background character. Which is bad writing all-around.

Tamanon

Banned
Then it's stupid the author forced her to have no creativity as the highest seat of the 2nd year council. How did she get up there without having oodles of creativity?

If he's beating her at her own specialty, she needs to abdicate her position to him and go back to being a background character. Which is bad writing all-around.

To be fair, it kinda exemplifies the Azami vs Jouchirou theories of cooking. Azami is not about creativity at all.

casiopao

Being able to cook from a book perfectly does not diminish the food quality at all though.

Xperiment maybe be good but surely not all times. Probably one of the reason why i don't really like Soma series cooking and i liked the old Oishinbo cooking style more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

My assumption was that there'd be more to it than Isshiki just standing around assuming Soma would win; the entire premise is that he can help here.

Burbeting

Banned
Boruto 12

This chapter was lot better than it had ever right to be, since it's basically Naruto GT. The two characters felt way more believable friends than Naruto and Sasuke were in 15 years. That's... little depressing.

Top Bottom