• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Imperial Guards 25-26
imperialguards26.png

I'm glad the big dude from the russian side survived but goddamn. ;_______________________;

i i i i still cant even begin to wrap my head around the fact this is done by the dude responsible for hsotd

Shiori Experience 1

I was interested when I noticed the great looking art but it wasn't until I realised the MC was an adult woman that I actually checked this out ASAP. It did not disappoint.

dramatis

You guys always get carried away when I go to bed. Somebody help this guy since I can't:
Can someone help me find a manga's name?

I read this manga in 2014 about people that represent gods and had to go to an old lady's shop for help. One of the characters broke a vase in the first issue. There was a dog there at the shop as well. Does anyone remember the name of this manga?

Here's the early TOC for next Weeks WSJ Issue
The new manga series seem to be doing well. Maybe Cyborg Roggy's ranking will actually not be in bottom five when it gets to chapter 8?

Imperial Guards 25-26

I'm glad the big dude from the russian side survived but goddamn. ;_______________________;

i i i i still cant even begin to wrap my head around the fact this is done by the dude responsible for hsotd

As someone also reading this, please clarify what hsotd stands for, because if it's what I think it is then nothing will ever be the same again.

One Piece
Speaking of Doflamingo.
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Donquixote Doflamingo? Let alone defeat him?

And I’m not talking about regular ol' Donquixote Doflamingo. No, I’m not talking about the member of the Shichibukai, captain of the Donquixote Pirates Donquixote Doflamingo. Hell, I’m not talking the tyrant King of Dressrosa and formerly a World Noble Donquixote Doflamingo either. I’m talking about the member of the Shichibukai, captain of the Donquixote Pirates, a descendant of the Donquixote Family, the tyrant King of Dressrosa and formerly a World Noble, who is the son of Donquixote Homing and who had a younger brother, Rosinante, who served under him on his pirate crew, who is also an underworld broker who operates under the alias "Joker", who possess the great devil fruit, Ito Ito no Mi which allows him to never be injured in battle Donquixote Doflamingo.

It's copypasta by the way, amazing chapter.

The amount of sexual tension in Toriko is almost disturbing, it's like the two of em are playing bros waiting for the other to make the first move or something. It would be a lot better if they just made the characters gay and not some fake ass creepy bff.

Bleach 621

"the Soul Kings enemies are only the Shinigami"..... plus the other statement about how the Shinigami put seals on it you'd think that the Soul King is some wild beast prisoner captured and contained in order to use its power to control the world

More importantly I want Aizen to never leave that chair and ride into battle on it like a Boss

One Piece 781

Why don't they all just go underground to avoid the shrinking Bird Cage?
lol at Doffy randomly having some healing ability

Bleach 621

"the Soul Kings enemies are only the Shinigami"..... plus the other statement about how the Shinigami put seals on it you'd think that the Soul King is some wild beast prisoner captured and contained in order to use its power to control the world

More importantly I want Aizen to never leave that chair and ride into battle on it like a Boss

One Piece 781

Why don't they all just go underground to avoid the shrinking Bird Cage?

I seem to recall someone tried that and it extends further down. It might be a huge sphere actually

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's a new Naruto series coming. It's premiering in the April 27th issue of Jump (meaning it will leak on April 23rd).

Oh joy...

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece 781

Eh, I'd say Doffy stitching up his organs is kind of similar to how Enel jump-started his heart. Just a more creative application of his powers.

There's a new Naruto series coming. It's premiering in the April 27th issue of Jump (meaning it will leak on April 23rd).

Oh joy...

Will it be done by Kishi? There seems to be a new trend of supposed "endings" followed by sequels shortly afterwards.

Eh, I'd say Doffy stitching up his organs is kind of similar to how Enel jump-started his heart. Just a more creative application of his powers.

Will it be done by Kishi? There seems to be a new trend of supposed "endings" followed by sequels shortly afterwards.

Yep. He even stated it's more first aid than actual healing. The wounds are still there, he's just stitching them up

360pages

To be fair, up to this point Doffy has been legit invincible. Every attack he has shrugged off, I'm honestly interested to see how Luffy takes him out. Though I think the Injury will probably play a part in his defeat.

I wonder why the Editor placed Black Clover really high on the TOC. I feel it doesn't deserve to be placed that high, oh well.

I seriously hope Cyborg Roggy doesn't get axed. My favorite out of the batch.

Maedhros

Hey, nice seeing some reaction for Prison School. Definitely my favorite comedy/smut manga of all time. Shit makes me laugh out loud in real life all the time! I need to play the catch up game.

One Piece chapter this week was a tease... goddammit, can't they just fight already? Hiatus next week too...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey, nice seeing some reaction for Prison School. Definitely my favorite comedy/smut manga of all time. Shit makes me laugh out loud in real life all the time! I need to play the catch up game.

One Piece chapter this week was a tease... goddammit, can't they just fight already? Hiatus next week too...

THERE'S NO HIATUS!

Panzon

OP 781

Poor Law just can't manage to kill Doffy no matter how hard he tries. Doffy is hax though and I'm assuming his organs being messed up is whats gonna help Luffy defeat him.

Hopefully we get a speech of Luffy saying he's been training the past 2 years to make sure people like Doflamingo don't fuck with his nakama. Can't wait for the conclusion of this awesome arc

Arabesque

Will it be done by Kishi?

Yes, Kishimoto is drawing the spin off himself, as he said back when chapter 700 came out.

I wonder why the Editor placed Black Clover really high on the TOC. I feel it doesn't deserve to be placed that high, oh well.
The EiC probably thought that chapter would flow well reading through the magazine, or the early reception for the series made them pimp it out a bit.

Not like it matters at this stage, since anything can happen post the 7-8th chapter.

1I seriously hope Cyborg Roggy doesn't get axed. My favorite out of the batch.

Cyborg Roggy is too good for this world. It's going to get cancelled first I bet :(

One Piece 781
Now things should get interesting.

Aizen the Aizening starting Aizen 621
It's Aizen!

Toriko 318
Nothing creepy about 4 muscle heads hugging a shota while fluids are coming out of them at a rapid pace.

So Kagamigami debuted in 6th place (since Soma was the cover/Color it's ranking is not real). I expect it to drop down for the 2nd chapter and come back up for the 3rd thanks to the Bearthing appearing. At least we can pretty much assume Takujou no Ageha and Gakkyuu Houtei are getting the axe, considering they both have been sitting at the bottom for the past few weeks. The Jump International Curse continues.

Yes, Kishimoto is drawing the spin off himself, as he said back when chapter 700 came out.

The EiC probably thought that chapter would flow well reading through the magazine, or the early reception for the series made them pimp it out a bit.

Not like it matters at this stage, since anything can happen post the 7-8th chapter.

Cyborg Roggy is too good for this world. It's going to get cancelled first I bet :(

Man Cyborg Roggy just has that charm. Roggy himself is such an enjoyable MC. If the series gets axed then RIP me.

Arabesque

Seen what the upcoming Shougeki no Soma poster looks like. Guess that will be the topic of discussion here for the next few days ...
at least it looks better than the last one, and it has best female character in the series there ... oh and Erina is also there too I guess

Wonder if Viz will include it with the magazine. I know they upped the rating to T+ but how far are they willing to make the magazine closer to the Japanese version with such a poster.

Gotta keep making money I guess.

Well, he has to pay for his honeymoon somehow.

To be fair, it was announced months ago he would be back to do this Spin off in April, along with the special chapters from the Naruto exhibition, so it wasn't like he decided to cash in after he finished. And I don't think we'll get much else after that from Kishimoto himself in relation to Naruto for years to come.

Man Cyborg Roggy just has that charm. Roggy himself is such an enjoyable MC. If the series gets axed then RIP me.

Out of all the new series that came out this round, Roggy and Kagamigami really were the two I liked the most. Roggy edges out Kagamigami a bit though in that Roggy himself is so such a fun character and I really like the setting and how Roggy looks. Going to be sad day when it gets axed.

At least when it dies it will serve as further sustenance for World Trigger's survival, so there at least that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom