• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Law of Ueki 5-6

The way it feels is like how a series feels when it has 1 volume left and has to do an unexpected fast wrap up and then I find out there's still 10 volumes left.

rrc1594

4 new series are coming for WSJ correct?

they're going to spread it out weekly or something

I wonder how many series are going to be canned this year compared to the last

I'm still salty over Hungry Joker fuck you WSJ. They cut everything, I can't even think of the pressure mangaka have each week working for WSJ.

Will Natsu finally be officially considered as S class lol

Only thing that keeps me reading FT is the fact that Natsu and Grey are going to fight

I'm still salty over Hungry Joker fuck you WSJ. They cut everything, I can't even think of the pressure mangaka have each week working for WSJ.
bro-fist

I too was saddened by that series cancellation
Only thing that keeps me reading FT is the fact that Natsu and Grey are going to fight
for me it was the Dragons and man oh man was that anticlimactic

couldn't care less for Grey and especially Natsu

Wouldn't surprise me to see Isobe Isobee Monogatari getting axed, if one of the upcoming 4 mangas can hold at least a middle ranking in the popularity polls. Isobe is still a young manga (started in December of 2013) that has been only beating the new dying mangas and Bleach (which Jump will never kill). Doesn't help it is a weak seller with the 5th volume debuting at 34k sold (in comparison that week Boku no Hero Academy 2nd voulume debuted at 167k).

dramatis

Wouldn't surprise me to see Isobe Isobee Monogatari getting axed, if one of the upcoming 4 mangas can hold at least a middle ranking in the popularity polls. Isobe is still a young manga (started in December of 2013) that has been only beating the new dying mangas and Bleach (which Jump will never kill). Doesn't help it is a weak seller with the 5th volume debuting at 34k sold (in comparison that week Boku no Hero Academy 2nd voulume debuted at 167k).
Isobe is actually deliberately placed towards the end or in the middle of the magazine. You think something that ranks last all the time would have survived over a year like it did if it were a serious endeavor? It's a palette cleanser manga, it'll end when it ends.

dumbyugi

Isobee is a gag manga and is placed towards the end or middle on purpose. Selling 34k is actually pretty decent for the type of series it is.

Out of curiosity, I went and compiled the Wall of Shame of the past 14 OTs. Lo and behold!

lYdJlpZ.png

Grimace and DTL managed to be on every Wall of Shame so far. That's pretty impressive.

Go here for the list containing every member that ever got figured on the MangaGAF Wall of Shame:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw70F1d.png

The fact that I'm on there despite only posting consistently in the first couple OTs means you're all scrubs. Get on my level.

You'd have more to say if you stopped reading shit comics

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach 614

e03c200656.png

Huh I'm certain they could've made this translation edgier and worse c'mon

I don't know what that is but I disagree

They could have made Kenpachi say, "I'll be happy so long as I can find my enemies, hold them down and sexually ravage them against their will."

Oh wait, it already says that.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150789767]The fact that I'm on there despite only posting consistently in the first couple OTs means you're all scrubs. Get on my level.

You'd have more to say if you stopped reading shit comics[/QUOTE]

God's Beard so tsundere about everything

G.ZZZ

Toriko 311

Shimabukuro's back? This chapter gave me an hint of old Shima talent for creating atmosphere . Plz be good again.

Also guemon and Malee apparently are in the "back channel", and only kaka is both in the real and back channel, while komatsu heart is in the back channel. Two drops of the same side of the coin in the sense that it exist in the normal world as well as the "other" world and give you access to both.

Kaka's face on last page was amazing. I suspect she'll try to get Komatsu's memories and someone else will stop them. Jirou's the only one that feel strong enough to solve this situation, i don't see Guemon as good enought but we'll see.

I can see Kaka's true motive being Komatsu's food luck

maybe she would be able to fully steal it if she acquired Pair

Edit: and in all honesty I hope she does succeed.... we need to get back to adventuring and Komatsu's food luck is making them always take the short cut to things

Undisputable Top Ten All-Time Comics List For Getting Your Friends Off Their Shonen Jump Addiction:

1. 7 Seeds
  2. Sanctuary
  3. Lone Wolf & Cub
  4. GTO
  5. Ghost in the Shell
  6. REAL
  7. Vinland Saga
  8. Kokou no Hito
  9. Bitter Virgin
  10. Berserk

Top Three Shit Comics Posing as Seinen:
  1. Wolf Guy
  2. GANTZ
  3. Elfen Lied

Special Mention for Trying So Hard, Getting So Far, and in the End, not Even Mattering:
  • Homunculus

rrc1594

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150794615]Undisputable Top Ten All-Time Comics List For Getting Your Friends Off Their Shonen Jump Addiction:

1. 7 Seeds
  2. Sanctuary
  3. Lone Wolf & Cub
  4. GTO
  5. Ghost in the Shell
  6. REAL
  7. Vinland Saga
  8. Kokou no Hito
  9. Bitter Virgin
  10. Berserk

1. Wolf Guy
  2. GANTZ
  3. Elfen Lied

Special Mention for Trying So Hard, Getting So Far, and in the End, not Even Mattering:
  • Homunculus
[/QUOTE]

But Bitter Virgin is shit though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150794615]Undisputable Top Ten All-Time Comics List For Getting Your Friends Off Their Shonen Jump Addiction:

1. 7 Seeds
  2. Sanctuary
  3. Lone Wolf & Cub
  4. GTO
  5. Ghost in the Shell
  6. REAL
  7. Vinland Saga
  8. Kokou no Hito
  9. Bitter Virgin
  10. Berserk

1. Wolf Guy
  2. GANTZ
  3. Elfen Lied

• Homunculus
[/QUOTE]

Basically the God's Beard "STOP HAVING FUN" list.

upandaway

Huh, I always thought GTO was from Jump, but turns out it's from Magazine.

No one likes that mag anyways but I guess it can have good stuff sometimes.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150796478]Shonen's not fun now that Naruto's gone, Magi got boring and Hunter X Hunter isn't around to save the genre from One Piece.
[/QUOTE]

Naruto wasn't the saving grace to begin with though

HXH though....... yeah lets not talk about it :(

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150796478]Shonen's not fun now that Naruto's gone, Magi got boring and Hunter X Hunter isn't around to save the genre from One Piece.

To be fair, I have a very personal connection towards Kimi Shika Iranai, and Bitter Virgin is basically the same story told better.[/QUOTE]

Naw we still got Shokugeki for hot bloodedness.

honestly OP should be read Vol by Vol

to much characters to have something decent happen on a average weekly basis

Jump still has Soma, Gintama, and Toriko

Hero Academia is pretty good too.... we just need to see how long that could last

Kurita

Manga can introduce the joys of cricket to Japan.

I feel like the most popular sports manga in Jump had sports that weren't that mainstream in Japan at the time. Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21... Guess volleyball was popular before Haikyuu though.

Naruto wasn't the saving grace to begin with though
Back during the chasing Sasuke arc through Pain destroying Konoha? Shit went nuts in here.

honestly OP should be read Vol by Vol

to much characters to have something decent happen on a average weekly basis

Jump still has Soma, Gintama, and Toriko
More like too many random elements to have a real story(except the sky arc, that was sweet). Try reading Hunter X Hunter volume by volume and then tell me One Piece makes sense.

Those other three are so bad they're not worth mentioning.

Zweizer

Banned
I feel like the most popular sports manga in Jump had sports that weren't that mainstream in Japan at the time. Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21... Guess volleyball was popular before Haikyuu though.

Seems like it's time to introduce cricket then!

(I fear that people would confuse it as just a variant of baseball.)

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150797945]
Those other three are so bad they're not worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]

Being wrong: its easy!

Well, okay, Toriko sucks.

rrc1594

Food Wars is awesome and My Hero Academy is starting off well.

wha-ha-aaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!

I agree HXH story structure is more solid then OP

but OP has a better story structure then Naruto and SIR you have offended those other three series unjustly for no apparent reason :(

I can say I am not the only one who would agree with me that Toriko and Gintama are miles better then Naruto

They can't even hold a candle to Naruto in it's peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom