• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I missed it yet again

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

kui1.jpg

:(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Damn wrinkles in my polos. Damn seatbelt.

Also, never got an answer to this:
So, I need lessons on khakis. Basically, I wear khakis and a polo 2 days a week to work. I have brown shoes, socks, and a brown belt. Do all 3 need to be the same color brown? Socks should match the pants right?

Also, what are some good brown shoes that go with khakis and polos?

Hair-gaf I need your help. I'm looking for a good shampoo+conditioner combo that is volumizing. I'm using Avalon Organics right now but I wonder if there's anything better out there.

What's with the menswear hash tag?

I usually wear ties in suits... but non-traditional suits also work well. By that, I mean:

8AcAI.jpg

6JkTY.jpg

GgLmO.jpg

n2sXF.jpg

S0RXl.jpg

ED7yO.jpg

I could see myself wearing something like the last two (minus the vest, I suppose), clean leather jacket and tie, with dark blue jeans. I wear that in the fall anyway (not the tie though).

But the guy with the motorcycle looks funny. There's nothing really wrong with what he's wearing, but it all looks weirdly sloppy. The untied boots look funny, no belt, strange sunglasses. Torn pants. Wouldn't wear the solo vest or quilt jacket either, they're just too busy for me.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I like this. I must say I didn't like the previous one you posted, the white one, because it looked like an undershirt. But it's nice in blue. I think the price is just right, you could find it for less at low-cost fashion stores like H&M but with crappy quality.

Thanks. I'm going to buy it. Seems to be popular thankfully my size did not sell out.

How do you guys wear ties outside of wearing a suit?

I only wear ties when I wear a suit, cause I always feel awkward wearing one without the suit. Should I just not wear ties outside of a suit?

I like ties. They're cool.

Pretty easy. Outside of a suit, the ties should be of the thin style. Knitted-style ties usually work well. No more than a half windsor knot. In fact, the thinner the knot, the better.

usually the normal width tie requires a suit jacket, blazer, vest...some sort of covering.

Also, consider a sharp looking scarf to compliment.

Alucrid

Banned
ties go great with bead bracelets too. heck, everything goes good with bead bracelets. best accessory ever, I mean, they're so good they can accessorize with each other, which is why I own 87.

Pretty easy. Outside of a suit, the ties should be of the thin style. Knitted-style ties usually work well. No more than a half windsor knot. In fact, the thinner the knot, the better.

i like the four-in-hand knot. i think it's the easiest to tie, and goes with pretty much any look without looking too formal/dressy.

knitted ties are awesome too. shoutouts to thetiebar.com

Alucrid

Banned
Check out these Brooks Brothers shorts, pretty nice.

http://bim.shopstyle.com/pim/17/18/1718811b417e0a37644e8e2d922ba271_best.jpg[IMG]

You can get them at Nordstrom or a Brooks Brothers store. If you want to avoid board shorts just go into higher end shops or find an Urbanoutiftters.[/QUOTE]

anchors away

Davidion

ties go great with bead bracelets too. heck, everything goes good with bead bracelets. best accessory ever, I mean, they're so good they can accessorize with each other, which is why I own 87.

YEEEEEEEEES

There's a lot of loud shit out there, but you'd be surprised at how a nice brown bead bracelet, or even multiples, like the not to worry ones in that link, can spice up an outfit. I often wear it with a waistcoat and matching trousers + tie.

I've been dying to find oversized beads though; most beads out there stop at around 12-13mm diameter, I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom