• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibnYWhZIsonYFB.jpg

Studying at Oxford, England this summer beginning in July. Any suggestions on what I need to wear (in terms of appropriateness for weather and for not looking like a southern preppy American)?

Zeppelin

I finally got my Baracuta G9 yesterday. I remember there being a discussion about their sizes when I last posted about it in this thread, and yes, even with it being 'slim fit' it can't really be considered slim. I'm pleased with mine though.

If you're looking to buy one I'd suggest not going via the official website since they don't seem to keep track on what they've got in stock and doesn't respond to emails too regularly. In the end I had to get one from O'Connells in Buffalo, New York which is on the other side of the pond, so I probably ended up paying way more than I should have in the end. But that's the price you pay for being dead set on getting something. At least their costumer service was superb.

Alucrid

Banned
I finally got my Baracuta G9 yesterday. I remember there being a discussion about their sizes when I last posted about it in this thread, and yes, even with it being 'slim fit' it can't really be considered slim. I'm pleased with mine though.

If you're looking to buy one I'd suggest not going via the official website since they don't seem to keep track on what they've got in stock and doesn't respond to emails too regularly. In the end I had to get one from O'Connells in Buffalo, New York which is on the other side of the pond, so I probably ended up paying way more than I should have in the end. But that's the price you pay for being dead set on getting something. At least their costumer service was superb.

Someone in Europe ordering a made in England jacket from America, :lol

Got a 50% off entire purchase at Men's Warehouse. Wanting a dark charcoal suit, any suggestions on brands I should look for? Or possibly what to avoid? I want something of a modern fit, and I'm not sure if their "tailors" are up to spec.

bob page

Got a 50% off entire purchase at Men's Warehouse. Wanting a dark charcoal suit, any suggestions on brands I should look for? Or possibly what to avoid? I want something of a modern fit, and I'm not sure if their "tailors" are up to spec.
Anything from that place will probably have to get tailored- their slim and modern fits aren't too different, similar to department store shirts.

Enron

Banned
Anything from that place will probably have to get tailored- their slim and modern fits aren't too different, similar to department store shirts.

Anything from Men's Wearhouse is essentially crap. But if ya don't got much to spend you make do - and yeah, you'll have to get it tailored.

I would avoid any fused suit - look for canvassed or half-canvass. Some Men's Wearhouses I hear carry Hickey Freeman, that wouldn't be a bad deal.

hickey general mainline is pretty good, I think it's canvassed and fits semi-decently OTR. but I would definitely stick to a MW in a city center; the ones located in the sticks carry awful, awful stuff.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This thread is more popular than the denim-specific one so I will post my APC New Cure progress here in case it interests anyone. (5 months wear + dry cleaned once)

KqNWP.jpg

aQoV6.jpg

Lirlond

Pastel shirts. Yes/no? What do I wear with them?

Need to replace a lot of my clothes, want to move up from wearing graphic tees all the time.

if you guys are looking for slim suits. I got MTM one from pakistan for 150 bucks and the material is great and the fit is fucking awesome for slim guys. Just dont fuck up your measurements. I got my pants and they are two short. The suit stands toe to toe except in the fabric with my 850 dollar theory OTR that had a great fit (barneys).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom