• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

I've been going to a chain salon like super cuts. Should I find a high class salon or find a barber?

It depends on what you want. If you want something stylized, then youll likely need to find a place that can do that. I think youd look much better by simply having a barber or a friend (or yourself) get a hair clipper, stick a 3/4 to 1 inch attachment on it, and go to town. Now, you wont be considered stylish, but your hair will look fine and 'grown-up' looking, and youll save a shit ton of money too

Antagon

Got some new summer pickups today. Decided to be bold and put some color in the shorts instead of the shirts:

What do you guys think?

And yes, I still need to drop a couple of pounds, working on it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh yeah, this is what I was wearing yesterday

vhQnml.jpg

My, "I'ma play Diablo 3 all day" fit.

Jacket indoors? well i hope you went outside so everyone can see how nice you looked.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I've been going to a chain salon like super cuts. Should I find a high class salon or find a barber?

Just echoing Piecake here, but it depends if you plan to keep it long or not. If you're gonna cut it short, you can keep going to supercuts. If you want to keep it long and style it, you might have to find a nice salon.

Play around with it. Comb or style your hair a few different ways to see if anything looks good. If something works out, tell that to the stylist. If not, just cut it short.

zchen

I need to buy a suit for my grandfather's funeral service. A few questions:

1. It pretty much has to be black, right? If so, is there any way I can make a black suit a little more versatile (besides funerals, more formal events, etc)?

2. Suggestions on where to look. I have an athletic build (broad shoulders, v-shape, larger-than-average thighs/glutes) and would like to keep the cost of suit + tailoring at or below $500 (ideally $300-400).

Black suit is pretty much Funerals & Weddings.
Charcoal Suit is much more versatile, just wear it with white shirt and black tie for the funeral
as for where to look, where are you located? in the US you can always go to Nordstrom Rack, J-Crew Factory (Dappered Review)....

Antagon

Charcoal Suit is much more versatile, just wear it with white shirt and black tie for the funeral
as for where to look, where are you located? in the US you can always go to Nordstrom Rack, J-Crew Factory (Dappered Review)....

Yeah, not sure how it is in the US, but here in the Netherlands every dark suit (black, navy, dark grey) is fine. Hell, wear a suit and you're better dressed then the majority of other attendees.

Also ran into these today:
images

They're incredibly hot, but sadly there's no way I can combine them with my navy suits. Such a shame.

Yeah, not sure how it is in the US, but here in the Netherlands every dark suit (black, navy, dark grey) is fine. Hell, wear a suit and you're better dressed then the majority of other attendees.

Also ran into these today:
images

They're incredibly hot, but sadly there's no way I can combine them with my navy suits. Such a shame.
God damn those are gorgeous. Where from?

bob page

Got some new summer pickups today. Decided to be bold and put some color in the shorts instead of the shirts:

What do you guys think?

And yes, I still need to drop a couple of pounds, working on it.

Don't like the graphic tee- the rest looks good though.

Antagon

Don't like the graphic tee- the rest looks good though.

Can see why. There are some doodles on it that are a bit much imo. It has a nice fit, no screaming logos and I kinda like the print itself though. Nice, subtle use of color.

Anyway, anyone got some tips for other kinds of shirts that would match well with shorts like that? Black polo shirts will get old after a while.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anyway, anyone got some tips for other kinds of shirts that would match well with shorts like that? Black polo shirts will get old after a while.

Tank tops with a lightweight cardigan.

Can this please be the summer that everyone stops wearing boat shoes?

Alucrid

Banned
And this is why I respect you, in spite of the exorbitant amounts of money you spend on other things. ;)

They just don't have raw selvage overdyed boat shoes with reverse calf leather accents made in Japan yet.

Can see why. There are some doodles on it that are a bit much imo. It has a nice fit, no screaming logos and I kinda like the print itself though. Nice, subtle use of color.

White v neck. I can pick out any bottom piece I own and a white v neck isn't out of place.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

I was wanting to buy a charcoal suit anyway, so that's a good idea.

I'm in North Carolina, the Triangle area. There is a Nordstrom Rack and I've been really close to finding a great suit a couple of times but something is always off (jacket isn't quite right, the pants are too small/tight in the seat and they won't mix and match the jacket and pants, etc). There's an outlet mall about half an hour away with a J Crew Factory, but I just called and they don't have any of that suit in my size. It's pretty cheap online and they do have my "size" (I'm usually a 42R in most brands/styles), but the problem is suit jackets are so hit or miss with me as far as fit, so I really like to try them on first. They do have a 60 day return policy though...I just hate dealing with returns.

Enron

Banned
Boat shoes rule!

Hopefully all the fashionistas will get tired of them and move on - and leave them to the rest of us that wear 'em because they are classic, look good, and make sense.

Boat shoes rule!

Hopefully all the fashionistas will get tired of them and move on - and leave them to the rest of us that wear 'em because they are classic, look good, and make sense.

They allow me to wear boat shoes at work and I definitely take advantage of that. Ugly as sin, but more comfortable than any tennis shoe I own.

Joe

3Vd5U.jpg

guys - do you think these shoes would look good with white jeans? i'm not sure what color jeans and shirt to wear with these... :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Depends on the situation.

its a taping, this is the dress code:

Hip, upscale attire is mandatory. Colorful, spring colors are requested. ABSOLUTELY no apparel with logos of any kind on the front or back are allowed in the studio audience. ABSOLUTELY no t-shirts, sweatshirts/hoodies, white tops, shorts, or flip flops! We'd prefer that you don't wear jeans. But, considered if worn with nice top. Please dress hip and upscale as if going to a nice club or restaurant.

Hip, upscale attire is mandatory. Colorful, spring colors are requested. ABSOLUTELY no apparel with logos of any kind on the front or back are allowed in the studio audience. ABSOLUTELY no t-shirts, sweatshirts/hoodies, white tops, shorts, or flip flops! We'd prefer that you don't wear jeans. But, considered if worn with nice top. Please dress hip and upscale as if going to a nice club or restaurant.

How do you feel about this look? You would want to button up the collar more so it's not too casual and they asked for spring colors so the shirt would likely be better as a sunfaded red or light ocean blue. The pants are casual dress, the shirt is button down (tucked in), the shoes are casual dress brown oxfords and the belts match the shoes. The watch is extra but it helps bring it all together.

httpmarshallmatlock.com.jpg

Thats is pretty funny, "Hip and upscale" lol

Hopefully get these for cheap if the dude takes my ebay offer. Just for riding and to take a beating over my nice swede lace ups.
em-228s1.jpg

fisheyes

I wish Jackthreads shipped to Australia.

Anybody know of some good (but cheap) clothes places that ship down here? Most of the local stuff is expensive as hell.

bob page

How do you feel about this look? You would want to button up the collar more so it's not too casual and they asked for spring colors so the shirt would likely be better as a sunfaded red or light ocean blue. The pants are casual dress, the shirt is button down (tucked in), the shoes are casual dress brown oxfords and the belts match the shoes. The watch is extra but it helps bring it all together.

httpmarshallmatlock.com.jpg
It's great and not hard to pull off- in fact, I wear something like this most days (except not unbuttoned like that and I'm not as good looking as Gosling).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wish i could afford the jeans at this online store.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2305

Where can i buy cheap authentic Japanese denim?

I wish Jackthreads shipped to Australia.

Anybody know of some good (but cheap) clothes places that ship down here? Most of the local stuff is expensive as hell.

I wish i can catch the good deals on the clothes i want on jackthreads.

Thats is pretty funny, "Hip and upscale" lol

Hopefully get these for cheap if the dude takes my ebay offer. Just for riding and to take a beating over my nice swede lace ups.
em-228s1.jpg

Those are some good looking shoes.

How do you guys feel about these "looks"

e2b1e7fcdbf10a873226d88c086d45f9_large.jpg

Awesome style on the right, bad taste on the left.

Strange coincedence Im wearing the same look as the guy on the right, this very moment. Black color instead of gray though.

I usually wear ties in suits... but non-traditional suits also work well. By that, I mean:

6JkTY.jpg

n2sXF.jpg

S0RXl.jpg

Glad I browsed this thread, Im feeling inspired. I should go out with that look more often. Really laid back classy style.

Already got a rockin' calvin klein leather jacket similiar to the one in the first pic, just need to add that dotted tie. Looks nice.

I should get a new vest to.

BlueSteel

Awesome style on the right, bad taste on the left.

Strange coincedence Im wearing the same look as the guy on the right, this very moment. Black color instead of gray though.

I'm going to agree with you here. The clay-ish blue and the red paint contrast in a bad way.

Durant? I kinda like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom