• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

So, if that Cactus list were true... wouldn't it put Animal Crossing 3DS and Animal Crossing Current dangerously close together? Unless they connected together or something.

- Close sources say it’s as if Nintendo is in “damage control” with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.
- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, that’s 3 years to develop games on.
- Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.
- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
- Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii
- Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network
Knowing Nintendo, that stuff seems weird. Also, it seems like their teams (EAD specifically) would be stretched thin if those Mario rumors are true.

Seems like a more realistic fan wish list.

- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.
That's just weird

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
"Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality."

That's when I stopped believing in this rumor. It's not like you can just outsource these things and get them right without any experience.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't believe the Mario 4chan stuff in the slightest, reads like some bad Gamefaqs rumor.

And if the cactus rumor is true, Kirby GCN has been in development over 3 consoles.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gravijah said:
So, if that Cactus list were true... wouldn't it put Animal Crossing 3DS and Animal Crossing Current dangerously close together? Unless they connected together or something.
Mario Kart would be in a similar situation.

Aeana

The list is fake because the Trauma series died since none of you bought last year's game of the year, Trauma Team.

Chiggs

godhandiscen said:
"Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality."

That's when I stopped believing in this rumor. It's not like you can just outsource these things and get them right without any experience.

Steam.

I have two problems with the open-world Mario rumor.

1) Super Mario World 3? There's only one Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island is called "Super Mario: Yoshi's Island" in Japan, not "Super Mario World 2." It's highly unlikely Nintendo would go back to a bad international naming convention of the Final Fantasy variety like that. Plus, if it were "Super Mario World," it would probably be 2D, not 3D.

2) Open-world Mario where the hub is just exploration to the different areas? Come on, Miyamoto excised the humble hub world of Rosalina's spacecraft in favor of a Super Mario 3-style map screen! That is far from congruent with recent Nintendo history.

I call BS on that one. The others, I'm still undecided.

antonz

CoffeeJanitor said:
Knowing Nintendo, that stuff seems weird. Also, it seems like their teams (EAD specifically) would be stretched thin if those Mario rumors are true.

Seems like a more realistic fan wish list.

That's just weird
Miyamoto in April did say he was working on an all new Zelda

Gravijah

Aeana said:
The list is fake because the Trauma series died since none of you bought last year's game of the year, Trauma Team.

Well, I did rent the first Trauma game on the DS. And played it for 10 minutes. That counts, right?

Nirolak said:
After reading through the Cactus rumors, I'm amending the title a bit. :p

Yeah, was gonna say.

Haptic feedback on controller touchscreens, new metal gear solid game, the stupidity of "Current" as a name etc.

GCX

I doubt we'll even get get much information on Cafe's online stuff at E3.

The release is still so far away that they'll probably have a separate conference for that later on.

the loli cactus is hilarious

this system is sounding incredible, even if it is just going to be a bunch of 360 ports with Nintendo 1st party support -- I think that is already a great start.

ferr

Cactus talking about Snatcher. A poster with "Snatcher" nearby the MG:R concept art in the Kojima pre-E3 video. HMMM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pokemon RPG might win E3. That's a system seller right there. I don't know if I could resist that, it's so long in the making.

Foffy

Banned
GCX said:
I doubt we'll even get get much information on Cafe's online stuff at E3.

The release is still so far away that they'll probably have a separate conference for that later on.

But Cafe's going to be playable at the event..you don't think we won't get a TON of information then?

antonz

ferr said:
Cactus talking about Snatcher. A poster with "Snatcher" nearby the MG:R concept art in the Kojima pre-E3 video. HMMM.
Cactus post are from may 15th well before the prerecorded conference. I dont think they are all right but he nailed the contra teaser over a month before public saw it.

Gravijah

Aeana said:
We're not friends anymore.

Alternate answer: I didn't own a Wii until late last year. You can't blame me!

enzo_gt said:
Pokemon RPG might win E3. That's a system seller right there. I don't know if I could resist that, it's so long in the making.

It's not happening. At best we're get like POKEMON X3~

The 'launch games' won't be confirmed until TGS or later, theres way too much detail in these rumours.

We'll get the following videos at Nintendo's presser:

- Console and controller reveal with no games
- Nintendo first party trailer
- Third party trailer
+
2-3 single game trailers

Cartman86

Banned
Too good to be true. I believe Nintendo is going around trying to get 3rd parties interested, but everything just sounds too advanced for Nintendo (or anyone right now), and too good for hardcore gamers....please be true.

GCX

Foffy said:
But Cafe's going to be playable at the event..you don't think we won't get a TON of information then?
We'll get information about the system itself but I was talking about the online infrastructure. That's probably still far away from complete

The System:

- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core

We need to know what architecture this is. Is it like Xbox 360's Xenon PPEs, or is it Power5/6/7 or something else. 'IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6 GHz per core' means very little.

- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb

That really sweet, if true. Now we need to know what type of RAM is being used. GDDR5? XDR2? 1T-SRAM? Embedded RAM? Anyway, 1.5 GigaBytes of RAM would be awesome, that's 3x more than either Xbox 360 or PlayStation3.

- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the poewer the system, the games look ‘stunning’.

That's indeed great news if true.

- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.

We need to know specifically what GPU within the R700 family is being used. The R700 family spans from 80 to 800 (or more) stream processors. We need to know the number of render back-ends (ROPs) the amount of texture units, the bus width/bandwidth. The CPU core clockspeed means next to nothing without knowing the architecture.

- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasn’t been done since the N64.

Awesome, if true.

- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.

That's really nice, although I prefer Galaxy more.

- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendo’s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.

Very, very interesting. I hope the old GameCube tech-demo shown at Spaceworld 2000, Meowth's Party, is not lost on the development team. If it happens, it might be the first Pokemon game I decide to play.

- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.

Good. Great. I hope this mystery game becomes a legend.

- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.

I am so much looking forward to an HD Zelda on Cafe, even though it's no doubt YEARS away.
Hopefully we'll get a rolling demo, but I kinda doubt it. Nintendo needs to save something for E3 2012. I hope it's similar in style to Twilight Princess. I would even love a direct sequel. I'm all for something entirely new though.

- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games

Many people here hope & pray this is all true. I'd be happy too.

- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their “most popular” titles to the console.

GTAV get!

As for the entire list of rumors
I believe about 1/3 to 1/2 of them could be true.

We're at something like 2 days, 8 hours away ^__^

Instro

I feel bad for Nintendo with shit like this going around the hype level is going to be way too high. Fuck me.

Cactus rumors could be legit, since he appears to have at least gotten Contra and Snatcher, but that could just be luck. Also I think Ive seen him post stuff before, not sure though. Everything else sounds like complete bs.

J-Rock

Banned
ferr said:
Yeah, which makes it kind of a neat coincidence if cactus is BSing.

That's some amazing luck if so. Few would even think to bring up Snatcher. Guy should ditch 4chan and hit Vegas.

I love E3 rumor time. It drives everyone crazy but it's still a ton of fun to comb over everything.

Cromat

I don't believe any of these rumors but some of the more obvious ones would inevitably come true.
The 4chan rumors are the dictionary definition of 'wishful thinking' and the Cactus rumors are are carefully crafted to trigger enough excitement without going overboard.

The detachable screen makes perfect sense. Isn't it copying the Dreamcast's VMU a bit though?

antonz said:
Miyamoto in April did say he was working on an all new Zelda
I'm just talking about the "but they didn't reveal anything to developers" part. Why in the hell would Nintendo reveal anything to devs about their own in house title?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gravijah said:
Alternate answer: I didn't own a Wii until late last year. You can't blame me!

It's not happening. At best we're get like POKEMON X3~
I swear to god if we get another Pokemon Colloseum, I might have to choke someone. So much potential in the series for a godlike 3D RPG.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT NINTENDO. WE ALL DO. WHY WONT YOU DO IT?! ;(

Foffy

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm just talking about the "but they didn't reveal anything to developers" part. Why in the hell would Nintendo reveal anything to devs about their own in house title?

Because it's going to be a dark reboot.

You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom