• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCX

PigSpeakers said:
New console's name is actually Currant.

Nintendo's E3 Conference:
-Miyamoto comes up on stage and presents a bowl full of currant berries.
-Audience is baffled.

Microsoft and Sony manage to find a knock-off bowl of berries several years after the run-off success of Currant. "Hardcore" gamers upset.
I think Miyamoto will be dressed as a currant berry.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SolidSnakex said:
Something definitely seems to be going on with Snatcher, so I wouldn't be shocked if it were announced.
I really, really doubt it.

Cipherr

No fucking way. Im just saying. R700, high end? tri-core 3.6GHZ, 1080P native titles, Pokemon MMO, 1.5GB ram, and to top off the crazy, better online system than current XBL?

Thats some downright damn near perfect execution right there, they would get ports from even the PS4 and XB720 as it would at least be within range of them for playable multiplats, and it would have a killer app to add to Smash, Mario and oh yea...GTAV?

Fuck outta here. Cmon now. Its a wishlist. I dont doubt some of it is real but there is some serious embellishing going on. Nintendo aint never been that smart in their lives.

Dennis

Banned
- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb
- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the poewer the system, the games look ‘stunning’.
- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.
Please be true....all of it.

Instro

The problem I have with the Cactus rumors btw, as I mentioned in the other thread, is that all the games he would have seen in a reel would have been labeled on screen. So it doesn't make much sense that he seemingly cant tell certain games apart.

Gravijah

Triton55 said:
Another Cactus rumor said that this guy is in "Super Smash Bros. Paradise"
http://i.imgur.com/tqxYp.jpg[IMG]
Will post screencap if I come across it.[/QUOTE]

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros... Paradise?

Chiggs

gofreak said:
The Cactus rumours really don't sound all that outrageous at all. What makes me slightly dubious is that he doesn't talk at all about how the screen is used in games or whatever. Surely a digest reel would highlight that stuff to a certain extent, but he offers no examples.

The touch screen simulates physical textures, so that when Current gamers put the wedding ring on Alyx Vance's finger in Half Life 3, they will feel her soft skin.

Cipherr said:
No fucking way. Im just saying. R700, high end? tri-core 3.6GHZ, 1080P native titles, Pokemon MMO, 1.5GB ram, and to top off the crazy, better online system than current XBL?

Thats some downright damn near perfect execution right there, they would get ports from even the PS4 and XB720 as it would at least be within range of them for playable multiplats, and it would have a killer app to add to Smash, Mario and oh yea...GTAV?

Fuck outta here. Cmon now. Its a wishlist. I dont doubt some of it is real but there is some serious embellishing going on. Nintendo aint never been that smart in their lives.

The 360 is a tri core 3.2 GHz with 512mb of RAM. A high end R700 series card, 400Mhz boost on the CPU and extra GB of RAM is not even close to an "out there" prediction. The stuff he said about touch screen haptics and the game stuff is why you should be questioning it.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Triton55 said:
Another Cactus rumor said that this guy is in "Super Smash Bros. Paradise"
http://i.imgur.com/tqxYp.jpg
Will post screencap if I come across it.

Well the arm cannon sounds about right but does he have a sword attack? Haven't play them in awhile.

Gravijah said:
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Clearly the Smash universe is in "Paradise" after the defeat of Tabuu and they can fight in peace now. Makes sense...right? Okay not really but that's how I would see it.

ferr

Gravijah said:
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm thinking the spiritual successor to Wii Resort will be Nintendo Paradise. And SSB will take place there. Yeah, that's it.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
That SMW3 rumor kind of excites me but other than that, exhausted ideas being recycled and nothing that really intrigues me. All rumors of course and will probably be refuted. For all we know it could just be a very well-played troll.

GCX

Instro said:
The problem I have with the Cactus rumors btw, as I mentioned in the other thread, is that all the games he would have seen in a reel would have been labeled on screen. So it doesn't make much sense that he seemingly cant tell certain games apart.
Not that I'm believing in Cactus' rumors but Wii for example had many pre-launch trailers where the games weren't labeled. You know, those trailers with people having fun with some quick cuts of the games thrown in.

Big One

Banned
...Paradise?

Doubtful but interesting choice.

No seriously what kind of theme would you have to run with for that kind of title?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
gofreak said:
The Cactus rumours really don't sound all that outrageous at all. What makes me slightly dubious is that he doesn't talk at all about how the screen is used in games or whatever. Surely a digest reel would highlight that stuff to a certain extent, but he offers no examples.
Metal Gear sounds pretty out there to me as far as the rumors go, since Konami has implied they're not showing anything from Kojima Productions at E3.

Well, except the KojiPort titles that is.

Vespene

I talked to some friends about the possibilities of an open world Mario a few years ago. I thought it would never come true....

Now, what would you say to an open world online multiplayer Mario?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Gravijah said:
Super Smash Bros. WRASSLIN made by Aki Syn Sophia.

I'm in love with this idea.

Wrasslin games suck without Aki...Where are they now?

Chiggs said:
The touch screen simulates physical textures, so that when Current gamers put the wedding ring on Alyx Vance's finger in Half Life 3, they will feel her soft skin.
Interactive marriage cutscene.

I will continue to hit her in the head with my crowbar as this happens.

I don't know why people get excited about some of these third-party "reveals." Pretty obvious that third-party titles are going to be ported to whatever can handle them. N6 will get Resident Evil, GTA, etc., but they're not going to be exclusive, and Nintendo's not going to pay for any exclusive content, which would be timed anyway.

Krowley

GCX said:
Not that I'm believing in Cactus' rumors but Wii for example had many pre-launch trailers where the games weren't labeled. You know, those trailers with people having fun with some quick cuts of the games thrown in.

or maybe he's just looking at footage that's going to be used in a reel and not the final edited version.

Still don't believe. There are just too many games. Too good.

Yagharek

Medalion said:
Cafe Currant

oh man... so hungry...for Nintendo news!

Nintendo Cinnamon Loaf and Vanilla Slice confirmed!

But more seriously, I just know that these rumours are going to be so far from the eventual truth I just want to avoid getting disappointed. Safer to write them off now.

Instro

GCX said:

Hm I suppose. Regardless all of this sounds so fake, no F-Zero? Fuck that shit. :(

mj1108

These are the kinds of lists we all wish were true but it really reads nothing more than a fanboy wishlist.

Now if by some billion to one odds it actually ends up being true, well.....

GT Vespene said:
I talked to some friends about the possibilities of an open world Mario a few years ago. I thought it would never come true....

Same here. One of my favorite ideas that Mario could implement. You guys don't know how much I'm having to suppress the hype for this rumor.

Chiggs

CoffeeJanitor said:
Interactive marriage cutscene.

I will continue to hit her in the head with my crowbar as this happens.

*thwack*

Oh Gordon... Yes! I will marry you!

*thwack*

Babble from the Vortigant presiding over the ceremony

*thwack*

Dennis

Banned
Please, no more Mario games for two years. I am so sick of Mario.

Nintendo needs to use their energy to rebuild their other franchises.

dankir

I still can't fucking believe there haven't been real legit leaks yet. No fuzzy pictures? No grainy cell phone shots??

CoME ON?@!#?@#?@#?#@

Dance In My Blood said:
I really, really doubt it.

I'm certainly not saying that it will happen, but i'm not going to be surprised if it does. KojiPro's E3 vid is what got me thinking about it again. This popping up seemed so random

JXc1y.png

Gravijah

DennisK4 said:
Please, no more Mario games for two years. I am so sick of Mario.

Nintendo needs to use their energy to rebuild their other franchises.

I hope you aren't actually expecting that to happen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I will never have a current iteration of Crystalis, will I?

I want to believe. :(

Anyway, much of those rumour lists seem to be well-thought out wish lists. Some of the stuff is reasonable, but other stuff is a little out there.

dankir said:
I still can't fucking believe there haven't been real legit leaks yet. No fuzzy pictures? No grainy cell phone shots??

CoME ON?@!#?@#?@#?#@
Looks like you missed the GAF LA Convention Center Box Hype Thread.

Galvanise_ said:
Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs.
Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle.
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
Super Smash Bros. Rumpus
Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook
Super Smash Bros. Rhubarb
Super Smash Bros. Affray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom