• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marc Whitten: "DRM definately not returning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
I guess we will see when xbox 2 comes out. Maybe the 6 years between now and then will help them put together a coherent message.

spookyfish

Then tell your people to stop lamenting to the press how "no one understood what we were trying to do!" and "people just weren't ready for our awesome vision."

Actions, or LACK of words in this case, speak louder than words.

KoopaTheCasual

I know there's still many things MS needs to improve on with their messaging and attitude, but I'm so happy that Marc actually came out and said this with confidence. You guys realize they've skirted around DRM's potential return up until this moment with half-answers from people like Phil and the like. I'm just really happy XB1 buyers don't have to worry about that bullshit for the immediate future.

Do I expect it to return for Xbox Two? Yes, but that's a good 7 years away. I feel like the gamers and consumers in general have finally "won" this battle for their rights.

Dibbz

Messaging was not right
We didn't get the message across
People didn't understand what we were doing

How many people have said the above at MS? They haven't given up on their "vision" within 6 months. They will just repackage it to make it appear less anti-consumer.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we will see when xbox 2 comes out. Maybe the 6 years between now and then will help them put together a coherent message.

If they can prove with the Xbox One that they can do steam style pricing, have the xbox 2 be digitally backwards compatible with promise that next gen will be backwards compatible too, and add one digital thing we've never seen before like family sharing or some form of rental service or something in order to make it appear like an actual trade up, then maybe people will be ready for it by then.

Amauri14

DON'T

BELIEVE

HIS

MISSPELLED

LIES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also:
Not returning because it never left!

GOY5MN6.gif
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom