• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marin From Links Awakening to join Hyrule Warriors as DLC

SkyOdin

They made Agitha work, so I'm down. Not gonna lie, kung-fu shopkeep would've been fine too.

I doubt it's possible at this point, but it would've been wonderful if the animal trio from the Oracle games made it in. A boxer in a Musou game of all things would've been hilarious if nothing else. Of course, Din and Nyaru would most likely be considered first.

I'm still holding out hope for a full sequel for the NX. That would be a good opportunity to add in the Oracle games and Minish Cap. I would love to see Ricky, Moosh, and Dimitri as characters or weapons in Hyrule Warriors.

Yarbskoo

I just got Hyrule Warriors for my birthday, so this news makes me very happy.

Of course, Din and Nyaru would most likely be considered first.

I'd love to see Din in Hyrule Warriors. Her role as a dancer means she's pretty much a perfect fit for the type of combat in the game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nabooru when?
latest

hamchan

I think he's focusing on the "doesn't make sense" part and not really the fact that it's fan service.

Which is a dumb thing to say for a Warriors game. They'll include everyone they can and think of move lists of them even if they were never originally a fighter, that's part of the fun. They've done it since day one of Dynasty Warriors.

Golnei

Nabooru when?

Why would they waste time on Nabooru? Nobody could seriously want to see her or Twinrova in the game, especially when the roster is already full of more significant OoT characters. If they can split Lana's Deku Spear moveset into a standalone Saria in the next game and give someone a Bombchu Girl costume, OoT will have all the characters it could ever need - Romani might be able to substitute for Malon to spread out representation between games and use some of the MM-specific stuff like the alien abductions and bow.

SkyOdin

Why would they waste time on Nabooru? Nobody could seriously want to see her or Twinrova in the game, especially when the roster is already full of more significant OoT characters. If they can split Lana's Deku Spear moveset into a standalone Saria in the next game and give someone a Bombchu Girl costume, OoT will have all the characters it could ever need - Romani might be able to substitute for Malon to spread out representation between games and use some of the MM-specific stuff like the alien abductions and bow.

I don't know, I thought that of all games, Ocarina of Time probably deserved to have all seven Sages represented. Nabooru and Saria are the only two sages who are missing from Hyrule Warriors. We don't have the Gerudo dual-scimitar fighting style available either. Ganon uses two swords, but his style is completely different.

Giolon

Wow. Hyrule Warriors continues to be the best Zelda game EVER. (Ok maybe not, but it's damn awesome).

Yay, let's shoehorn fan service in that doesn't make sense.

So...you ARE aware that this game is already 1000% fan service and doesn't make sense, yes?

Marin is older than most of the scrubs complaining about "animu waifu" and "otaku bait." Link's Awakening gets no respect (or at least not as much as it deserves).

I don't know, I thought that of all games, Ocarina of Time probably deserved to have all seven Sages represented. Nabooru and Saria are the only two sages who are missing from Hyrule Warriors. We don't have the Gerudo dual-scimitar fighting style available either. Ganon uses two swords, but his style is completely different.

They have to save characters for Hyrule Warriors 2.

The hell? Link's Awakening is the masterpiece, LttP is utterly soulless by comparison.
Dind ding ding.

ALTTP is a much tighter package, has a better story (whatever that's worth in a Zelda game) and better dungeon design.

LA is the masterpiece.

Effect

Keeping in mind that Wii U DLC consists of just the characters.

Also only if you buy Hyrule Warriors Legends right? You can't buy just the characters on the Wii U version.

I want these characters but no way in hell is Nintendo getting me to buy the 3DS game when I already have the Wii U game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Happy to see LA getting some love. It's far and away my favorite Zelda game of all time. It gets a little wearying seeing it overlooked for so many years while heaps of praise is dumped on LttP. I like LttP and I appreciate that it laid the foundation that LA was built upon, but LA took everything LttP did, improved it, and layered on the personality and charm in ways that the series has yet to recapture.

Giolon

Also only if you buy Hyrule Warriors Legends right? You can't buy just the characters on the Wii U version.

I want these characters but no way in hell is Nintendo getting me to buy the 3DS game when I already have the Wii U game.

Actually, the new DLC characters will be purchaseable at the same time they come out on 3DS. Both versions are also getting Medli for free soon.

The 3DS new characters (Linkle, Skull Kid, etc.) will be for sale for Wii U-only owners in the Summer.

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

That being said, there are several new gameplay features in the 3DS version, so I'm enjoying playing it "again" a lot on my New 3DS.

BooJoh

Hylian7

The shop keeper, obviously.
Mr. Wright, Richard, I dunno who else.
I'm joking about these

I wonder what all her specials will be. I bet we see references to the Wind Fish, Rooster (maybe in the form of the endlessly orbiting Boomerang), Bow Wow, the instruments, maybe the shopkeeper, but that one may be too obscure. I don't know if the shopkeeper will be in simply because I bet only a percentage of players ever did the theft trick and witnessed his almighty power.

Kevinroc

I was at that Wonder Con panel when they announced Marin.

And yes, Groose was brought up. The developers said they had been talking about Groose, but were very coy on him actually coming to the game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was at that Wonder Con panel when they announced Marin.

And yes, Groose was brought up. The developers said they had been talking about Groose, but were very coy on him actually coming to the game.

Well they atleast know

Golnei

All jokes aside, I agree that all of the OoT sages would be worthwhile inclusions. Even a combined Rauru/Gaebora moveset shouldn't be overlooked alongside Nabooru - that has the potential to be very unique. Though with Nabooru, they might have to work the Iron Knuckle axe into her main moveset along with the swords (with the armour presumably as her Focus Spirit) to differentiate her even further from Ganondorf. Assuming her base weapons are twin swords, she could even have a few animations modeled after WW Ganon, considering how differently he wields them in HW.

Top Bottom