• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marin From Links Awakening to join Hyrule Warriors as DLC

That's the most unexpected best thing I've heard. Link awakening is my favourite zelda and Marin was a stand out character. Hope she gains all the goofy elements that was in links awakening.

Yazuka

This is great news! Link's Awakening is on a shared place of favorite Zelda game with ALTTP for me. Such a great game, Man I wish they released the Hyrule Warriors Legends for Wii U too. =/

I mean, thanks to HW's art style she looks nothing like the character, but anything from the GOAT Zelda game is fine by me. Here's hoping we get a 'Bow-Wow' weapon as well, would think that's common sense.

link_s_awakening___link_and_bowwow_by_kaigetsudo-d66j34z.jpg

Razmos

I mean, thanks to HW's art style she looks nothing like the character, but anything from the GOAT Zelda game is fine by me. Here's hoping we get a 'Bow-Wow' weapon as well, would think that's common sense.

There is, Link's level 3 Gauntlet weapon has him wielding a chain chomp

Blues1990

HW Marin is pretty much is a 1-to-1 recreation of her appearance in Link's Awakening promotional artwork, so I don't quite understand what you mean with the above statement.

And while both the Power Gloves & Bow-Wow were referenced with the Level 3 Gauntlets, an actual CHAIN CHOMP PLOWING DOWN THE KING OF DARKNESS WILL BE EFFIN' AWESOME! :D

Neiteio

Link's Awakening is one of those games that exists in a dreamy realm beyond reproach. Even the inconvenience of only two slots for equipping items (including your sword) falls by the wayside once I'm exploring the beaches, swamps, prairies and mountains of Koholint Island.

Behold, a contender for best world map ever (your browser will autoresize, but click to expaaaaaaaaand):

bhNTq.png

Neiteio

Marin is a good way to solve the conundrum posed by Malon and Cremia.

If they add Malon, people go, "Where's Cremia?"

If they add Cremia, people go, "Where's Malon?"

So they add Marin, cutting the Gordian Knot while delivering LADX fan service.

But where's Saria? Clearly they're saving her to be the cover mascot of HW2.

Link's Awakening is one of those games that exists in a dreamy realm beyond reproach. Even the inconvenience of only two slots for equipping items (including your sword) falls by the wayside once I'm exploring the beaches, swamps, prairies and mountains of Koholint Island.

Behold, a contender for best world map ever (your browser will autoresize, but click to expaaaaaaaaand):

bhNTq.png

Amazing. More variety than LttP for sure, even without a Dark World. Also, the two-button item slot offered a great way to get bomb arrows (Hold A+B together)

Axass

LA's overworld basically is a dungeon itself. It's very cramped and filled with obstacles - even compared to aLttP. I don't think everyone enjoys that style.

That's probably it, in fact I don't like SS's "overworld" either.

LA's overworld basically is a dungeon itself. It's very cramped and filled with obstacles - even compared to aLttP. I don't think everyone enjoys that style

justin-timberlake.gif

justin-timberlake.gif

justin-timberlake.gif

Koholint Island is the best overworld in any Zelda game, period. Perfectly paced, always letting you explore juuuuuuust enough to get a taste of what's to come while organically guiding you to the next objective. Tons of secrets everywhere, too.

Plus it was on the OG Game Boy FFS, easily the greatest technical achievement on that system.

NeonZ

They made Agitha work, so I'm down. Not gonna lie, kung-fu shopkeep would've been fine too.

I doubt it's possible at this point, but it would've been wonderful if the animal trio from the Oracle games made it in. A boxer in a Musou game of all things would've been hilarious if nothing else. Of course, Din and Nyaru would most likely be considered first.

I really think Koei doesn't want to reference the Capcom games due to Capcom's patent trolling. None of the Capcom developed games seem to be referenced by HWL's DLC packs (Four Swords, Oracles, Minish Cap).

bhNTq.png

My first Zelda. I fucking love this game.

May get the 3DS version now.

L Thammy

Marin's entire moveset should be based on
turning into a seagull. She'll be like Corrin, but with seagull parts instead of dragon parts.

Her musou should be her flying over the stage and crapping everywhere.

Anteo

Her musou attack will be the whole stage dissapearing
And then Link wakes up, the whole Hyrule warriors franchise was just a nightmare

Neiteio

Marin's entire moveset should be based on
turning into a seagull. She'll be like Corrin, but with seagull parts instead of dragon parts.

Her final smash should be her flying over the stage and crapping everywhere.
Nintendo, hire L Thammy

Tarin02543

bhNTq.png

This is my childhood

Ryce

I was at that Wonder Con panel when they announced Marin.

And yes, Groose was brought up. The developers said they had been talking about Groose, but were very coy on him actually coming to the game.
Do you remember anything else from the panel? Did they mention any other characters? Did they explain why they chose certain characters? I love developmental/conceptual insight of any kind.

Dimmle

I'm determined that this is leading up to some LA-related announcement at E3. I'll die on this hill if necessary.

Javier

Yesssssssss. I love Marin and I can't wait for her music-based moveset.

Got the first character of my prediction right. Now give Linebeck, Ravio and Irene.

I'm determined that this is leading up to some LA-related announcement at E3. I'll die on this hill if necessary.

i wouldn't think that it i were you, hyrule warriors is mostly focused on fan service and i dont think this means much in terms of LA

Son Of D

I was at that Wonder Con panel when they announced Marin.

And yes, Groose was brought up. The developers said they had been talking about Groose, but were very coy on him actually coming to the game.

Hmm. If an NX port happens (HW Ultimate or whatever) I won't be surprised if we finally see Groose playable.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Well, where she parts her hair is different I suppose if you look carefully enough...

Kouriozan

Noce artwork, hope her model is as good.
This excite me for the NX sequel with 2D Zelda characters implemented in the campaign.

Neiteio

I found myself about to type "I hope they make a Koholint Island map!" But then I remembered that only the characters/weapons are coming to the WiiU version.

Curses! Foiled again! *lumbers off to skull-shaped mountain lair*

captainpat

Marin? Nabooru is like one the few named Zelda female character that can actually fight. Why taking them so long to add her?

NeonZ

Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and a Link Between Worlds are all getting DLC packs in Hyrule Warriors. So, this probably doesn't mean anything. Wind Waker is there because it's the main new entry in HW Legends, while the others are all non-Capcom portable titles.

Top Bottom