• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Zing

Banned
Thanks for the game. I think I'd rather stick to Miis only. You guys with the star characters aren't any fun to play against. You make it to the green in a whole stroke less than regular characters.

Zing

Banned
I guess Toadette just sucks. I assumed it was star bowser since someone used Star Waluigi against me and was hitting that far also.

I would have lost anyway with my over zealous topspins. Haha.

Time to get ready for bed. I stayed up too late last night.

cube444

I guess Toadette just sucks. I assumed it was star bowser since someone used Star Waluigi against me and was hitting that far also.

I'm not sure about her distance. I usually pick what the opposition picks.

ie. If you picked a star character then I'd do likewise. I saw that you picked regular Toadette so did likewise with my Bowser.

daydream

Banned

Unlocking a Star character of your choice takes like 15 minutes.

Also, the DLC characters already have their Star version unlocked so you could have played as Star Toadette.

Zing

Banned
Unlocking a Star character of your choice takes like 15 minutes.

Also, the DLC characters already have their Star version unlocked so you could have played as Star Toadette.
Don't you have to beat them in the challenge? I only see Daisy listed so far. I'd have to unlock all the courses first, which I assume is done by completing the tournaments. "15 minutes"! Maybe you forget what it's like to not have played the game for months. :p

daydream

Banned
Speak of the devil.

Waluigi is the devil we deserve. (But srsly, nobody's stopping you from using a Star char. :p)

Don't you have to beat them in the challenge? I only see Daisy listed so far. I'd have to unlock all the courses first, which I assume is done by completing the tournaments. "15 minutes"! Maybe you forget what it's like to not have played the game for months. :p

Yeah, 1v1 Star Coin challenge. Daisy is a very viable Star character btw. Star Toadette is not as good but I dunno, maybe you prefer her. The rest of the DLC characters hit really far but are a bit tougher to play as.

I'll just sit in the lobby for a bit I guess.

Feeling a bit sleepy, but eh.. on my way, I guess. ;)

daydream

Banned
Did a quick router restart in case it was something on my end. Doubt it, though.

Gonna join the GAF lobby now. We can try Skins after that.

Edit: It's just trying to load the VS. menu forever now, wtf.

Edit2: Still stuck btw. Nintendo online "functionality" drives me insane sometimes. Closed the software with the power button, trying again now.

daydream

Banned
Nah, just bringing up good ol' 018-0512 and putting me in an empty lobby on subsequent tries.

Let's give Skins a shot, otherwise you guys can go ahead again and I'll try one last thing. Sorry!

daydream

Banned
I'm getting a Vita either tomorrow or on Tuesday. We can start playing Hot Shots then. ;p

Tried one last thing, if this doesn't work then I don't know what the fuck. We've played plenty of games before, Shark, so it's a mystery what's causing this.

Anyway, let me know when you're done.

Top Bottom