• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Velcro Fly

I find more ways to blow costume challenges. Had a disaster on one of the Par 4s in Bowser's Castle but come back. I'm maybe 10 yards from the green with 30 seconds to go. Have a chip and then a putt and it's easily doable. But of fucking course I get the light power meter instead of middle and don't pay attention. And I see it midway through my shot and I shank big time so I have to chip again. SAME FUCKING THING HAPPENS HOW DO I LET IT HAPPEN TWICE. I end up having four seconds to line up and fire a putt to win and I don't.

That is why I wish these challenges were something I could do over and over again instead of having to wait for the game to let me. Will never understand locking that content behind random whatever.

Followed that up by shooting a 61 on the point play thing. I'm currently 38th on the leaderboards. I even missed a couple putts but did have a chip in from the bunker for eagle on a par 5. I would have been around 20 under par with the four eagles I made.

daydream

Banned
Almost forgot about new tournaments. Seems like I haven't missed anything, though.

Actually weird and kinda sloppy that they never built in a Spotpass notification feature.

The second major tournament of this game is about to end. If you haven't played it yet, I suggest doing so right now.

Remember those weird greens and course layouts in the Castle Tournament? They're back and now we're playing on the Seaside Course. This may be your only chance to experience these holes in this fashion.

Ludist210

So I looked and saw I got a Spotpass for this game today...any idea what it is? Maybe catching me up on the few pieces of gear (outside of World Flags) that I'm missing?

daydream

Banned
Oh man, there's totally new tournaments.

The golf continues!

Could anyone who played all the tournaments check this for me: Do you have an item in the fifth slot of the 'combos' (shirt + shorts)? I have the first row completed but the second row starts with the second slot (Yoshi outfit). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have it or not. Might have missed a tournament in Mario Open..

Edit: I found this invaluable resource. According to this I didn't miss anything, woo!

Yeah silly daydream, didn't you remember that they did the same thing last time? They don't post new tourneys until after the major, yah? lol

daydream

Banned
Yeah silly daydream, didn't you remember that they did the same thing last time? They don't post new tourneys until after the major, yah? lol

With the Star Open finished and the Callaway stuff out of the way it seemed like a potentially good time to end it. But ok, I'm glad it continues! Only thing I was worried about is that I had missed a tournament but now that my OCD is put to rest, I can stop panicking. :p

Your new ava is très chic btw.

Ludist210

I was missing a couple as well (aside form the Flag outfits, of which I have none). New tournaments, huh? I didn't see any when I logged on yesterday, but I'll check them out over the weekend!

Also worth noting: the boutique has any gear (aside from the Callaway clubs) for sale you might have missed in tournaments (I scrolled through and found the Wii U, DS, etc. on sale). The only thing I THINK I'm missing is the 3DS stuff...it should be between Wii and Wii U, right? I don't have it, and it's not for sale...(or because it was in a tournament exclusive to Japan...maybe we'll get it soon?)

Velcro Fly

I'm playing tourneys right now while also watching college football.

It's about 40 degrees where I live today but playing a golf video game makes up for it!

Just did the coin rush challenge on the Yoshi course and got that costume. Also would have had about 90-95 feet on the near pin but on hole 8 my ball rolled slightly into the rough. I might be able to do the one on one putt now with a few mulligans.

Got a -21 in the new Americas tournament.

I'm wrecking the shit out of Toad Highlands. I'm kind of upset that I choked on the last two holes or else I would have had a -23..

Also it's kind of sad to see how many people are entering tournaments these days. 20-30k entries at launch, and now you're lucky to crack 3-5k.

Velcro Fly

Just hit a 351.51 yd drive on the "Americas Driving Contest 2" tourney.

Good for 1st overall. Let's see for how long. :lol

Hell yes I loved the first one of those!

I hit a hole in one a few weeks ago with Waluigi to get the costume and then on some other random tourney I hit eagles on three holes in a row!

sphinx

the piano man
can someone please point me in the direction of an exhaustive list on the internet of all things that can be unlocked in this game and how?

the castle club vs Mario Golf thing is really confusing me, I am not sure what's filler/practice and what's "real" main campaign

daydream

Banned
can someone please point me in the direction of an exhaustive list on the internet of all things that can be unlocked in this game and how?

the castle club vs Mario Golf thing is really confusing me, I am not sure what's filler/practice and what's "real" main campaign

Check out my FAQ first:

As far as unlockables go, there is this list: http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_Golf:_World_Tour_Mii_gear

It has not been updated with much of the tournament gear, however, so whatever's not listed there was probably a tournament unlockable. Just ask in this thread when you wanna know about a specific slot. I don't have everything unlocked, either, since I'm missing a few things myself (mainly a lot of medals). Although the challenge costumes should be in that Wiki.

One thing I *really* wanna know is where the hell the 3DS Gear is since all of the other platform-themed costumes have been distributed.

TheBear

Is it just me or is the beginning of this game really difficult?
I did the handicap tournament and won the championship for the forest course. Now I can't seem to place on the seaside course. The progression has just hit a brick wall, as I can't seem to earn any more coins to unlock better gear. These two courses are also super boring. Got any tips?

kwheaties

Is it just me or is the beginning of this game really difficult?
I did the handicap tournament and won the championship for the forest course. Now I can't seem to place on the seaside course. The progression has just hit a brick wall, as I can't seem to earn any more coins to unlock better gear. These two courses are also super boring. Got any tips?

Did you upgrade your equipment or do some of the training exercises yet? I just started playing a couple weeks ago and hit a wall on the 3rd course. Yesterday I shot a -6 which I thought was good but Mario shot a -9... come on!!

sphinx

the piano man
sky Island is so full fo shit.

wind affects the ball way more than in other courses, I have reached hole 9 twice after many attemps and failed :(

Velcro Fly

Still can't believe how out of nowhere this game came to be so good. I'm at almost 90 hours and that is with tons of stuff not yet done. I haven't even unlocked
Moon Coins
yet.

I have over 1 million coins though so I might eventually buy a ton of mulligans and do the one on one putt stuff.

sphinx

the piano man
Guessing you're doing the challenge?
Buy a Mulligan from Kamek at the far end of the Mario courses to help.

I finally managed to beat the 9 hole challenge without Kamek's Help, so I am proud.

I unlocked a 18 hole challenge but no way I am doing that right now. I'll go get some star coins.

sphinx

the piano man
Great! Had given up on it (too much frustration makes it not worth it to me) until finding out about Kamek. :)

I still think Sky Island is bullshit as it is.

When you do the normal courses you learn to guess more or less how the wind will affect the path of the ball.

The wind in SI shows a +5 or ´+6 but it behaves like a +8 or +9 so it always flies away or lands on bunkers or fringes. It should show a +9 if they want to make it clear the wind is strong.

I will get all stars and other courses before attenpting 18 holes like that. I need a motivation that I am getting near the end of my OCD collecathon playthrough

hey did you quit the media create discussion? :D I rarely see you there, you were a regular some years ago.

donny2112

hey did you quit the media create discussion? :D I rarely see you there, you were a regular some years ago.

Been focusing more on playing games this past year. Will probably get more back into it in 2015. First step is updating all the old sales numbers from last year in my local files. o.o

sphinx

the piano man
Been focusing more on playing games this past year. Will probably get more back into it in 2015. First step is updating all the old sales numbers from last year in my local files. o.o

sounds like work :/

you are doing the right thing, play more videogames, is a hobby afterall.

Top Bottom