• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Question. Are you in Europe/Australia? That bit appears in their terms (I would hope the site would not let you register until 10am 30th). North America might be different.

I was screaming internally after seeing this post.

Europe, they didn't provide any instructions or anything with the game, aside from the typical registration card. :/

You never will...
You were supposed to register it after launch :/

I know that now x_x I'm a fucking moron and I hate myself so much,

Mik3F

Still no email with the photo proof, and looking through my order history, the only other time when they didn't the photo was last year for the collectors edition of FFXIV, but I still got it the day before release.

If you are getting the TShirt then you won't get a photo. Photos are only sent when the automated packing machine packs the game. These would have been packed by hand due to the TShirts

I have my despatch email and Text now. First Class Signed for usually arrives next day for me

Marlowe89

Aren't digitally downloaded games automatically registered for those who already have a Club Nintendo account?

Does that mean I wouldn't get a free game since MK8 was registered on Friday at midnight and not 10 a.m. the following morning?

Shahadan

I'm sure they'll give the free game even if you've registered early. The date is probably just here because it is supposed to release on the 30th.
Shit happened before with the Pikmin3/W101 promo and they gave people their discount.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Okay, trying this again.

I want to buy the Wii U MK8 bundle IN A FEW MINUTES, I really just need an answer on this question since Google does not help me!

Could someone tell me the controller layout for this game with the Wii U Pro controller?

Can I still accelerate with A and use drift with B? Item with X and/or LT?

Please GAF :D

Manual says
Y/A: Accelerate
B: Brake
R/ZR: Drift
X: Look behind
ZL/L: Use item

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
/: I buy like 2 games a year, I really didn't know.

You could still try to write to Nintendo about this, as they were nice enough to include in the Pikmin 3 and W101 promotion the ones that downloaded Pikmin 3 before the launch day (with the download code from Game). So maybe they will be lenient this time too.

Aren't digitally downloaded games automatically registered for those who already have a Club Nintendo account?

Does that mean I wouldn't get a free game since MK8 was registered on Friday at midnight and not 10 a.m. the following morning?

They are not registered instantly. It takes up to 24 hours I think. You will be safe.

Shahadan

Also registering/buying early never mattered for any recent promotion from NoE so I wouldn't worry that much.
At worst if nothing comes your way next week just write a nice email.

CoolS

Europe, they didn't provide any instructions or anything with the game, aside from the typical registration card. :/

I know that now x_x I'm a fucking moron and I hate myself so much,

In Germany, there a big gard inside where it says the date in time in a big font.

RiggyRob

GameStop in Karlsruhe Herrenstraße sold it :D

Interesting tidbit: Big chains "breaking street dates" actually had that approved by Nintendo. The demand for MK8 is just that big. I actually didn't know this until a GameStop employee I chatted to told me about it.

Pretty cool actually :D

This breaking street date thing is interesting, the last time I saw it happen was with Pokemon X and Y. Even more curious is the fact it's in Germany rather than the US.

I guess people can't handle the antici

daydream

Banned
I remember reading the answer somewhere but I can't find it.

I want to play 2P but use two remotes and have the Gamepad just act as a second screen. How do I opt out of having to select a character with the Gamepad, though?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I want to play 2P but use two remotes and have the Gamepad just act as a second screen. How do I opt out of having to select a character with the Gamepad, though?

You always select the character with the controller you use to play. The controller for player 1 is the controller you use to press A on the title screen.

daydream

Banned
You always select the character with the controller you use to play. The controller for player 1 is the controller you use to press A on the title screen.

I totally thought of that (since it's kinda obvious), but didn back out all the way. Out of sheer excitement, let's say. :p Thanks!

I remember reading the answer somewhere but I can't find it.

I thought it could only be streamed to the Gamepad if its one player and nothing is output to the TV?

Is it possible to have player 1 on the Gamepad, with his own screen and player 2 use the TV all to themself?

Greenymac

Come on US Gamestop, break that release date like your German brethren!

I just called both my localgamestops and they said they havent received an email allowing them to do so. Ive tried everywhere in this freaking town and noone will sell it....I mean Id even give the soul who made it happen a few extra coins for it. I guess my money is useless.

Tabasco

Is it possible to have player 1 on the Gamepad, with his own screen and player 2 use the TV all to themself?
Unfortunately no.

If this question isn't already in the FAQ in the OP, it should be. People ask this question everywhere and I find it pretty irritating.

EDIT: It's actually in the FAQ. People just don't bother to look at the OP I guess.

AdanVC

I'm going in 100% fresh on the soundtrack. The menu theme is already incredible. ;_;

Same here oh my god. The only songs I've listened are the ones that appear on the music segment of the Mario Kart 8 Direct. I've been on semi-blockout with this game so my hype levels are beyond the milky way galaxy. Just when I promise myself to never get hyped like this for a game anymore and here I am. The magic of Nintendo.

1up

Okay, trying this again.

I want to buy the Wii U MK8 bundle IN A FEW MINUTES, I really just need an answer on this question since Google does not help me!

Could someone tell me the controller layout for this game with the Wii U Pro controller?

Can I still accelerate with A and use drift with B? Item with X and/or LT?

Please GAF :D

Analog steers, ZR shoots items, ZL jumps / drifts. A button accelerates, X gives you rearview.

Top Bottom