• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker Update Next Week to Include Checkpoints and Event Courses

wiibomb

holy shit!! this updates bring many nice things..

even a more challenging version of the minigame!!!

and that function of the flower and mushroom combined!

this game keeps on delivering

Insaniac

Why wouldn't they?

Did it say how the checkpoints will work? Hopefully you'll need to finish levels from each checkpoint as if you respawned there. Otherwise there could be a huge potential for broken or unbeatable levels.

watch the vid, it says you have to

Layell

Nice to see more support for this game, although I don't even have it yet. I hope this is a sign that they add more blocks/items in the future.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Good, but it proves Nintendo released an unfinished game because this was an obvious thing to have.

Miyamoto should be ashamed.

Edit: the new mushroom/fireflower upgrades are good though. Like classic Mario. Makes a lot more sense.

konjak

I'm just waiting and hoping for a feature to make your own sequence of levels. It would go a long way to promote more classic, sensible levels that escalate. The format right now mostly promotes insanity because the whole idea or gimmick has to fit one level.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I'll have to upload one of my courses now since a checkmark will really help.

The mushroom/fireflower is a nice addition as well.

SigSig

giphy.gif

just got the game but it seems like ill be playing for a while, checkpoints will basically completely change the game. Did they say how many per level?

Awesome update!

But it looks like right now courses are only for Nintendo and not for users? I assume that will eventually come. Lives and power-ups carry over?

They also need to make the friend list thing surface new content better.

Now that they've done this, it seems possible they will fix everything!

While I appreciate the harder version mini game, did they really have to waste time developing that and not an actual useful feature?

Great additions but they really need to get on adding tags and filters to online levels. I want ALL music, short gimmick, and Kaizo levels filtered.

Still hopping slopes and other power ups are added. It can't be that hard to add.

JoeM86

Some event courses will give Mystery Mushroom costumes. Guess this is how the CoroCoro, Famitsu and Game Center ones will be given.
i wish ninty would be like "hey, there are new things in the new update, see if you can find them!"

wouldn't that be cool

That's called a Super Smash Bros. patch :p

I had no doubt in my mind that checkpoints would be added at the very least, Nintendo has been pretty good at listening to fan feedback/complaints for the most part.

Here's hoping slopes are being worked on. This should have been announced via Nintendo Direct.

Kouriozan

OMG YES!
CHECKPOINTS @_@

EDIT : Wait, harder gnat attack too? Damn the first one was so hard, hope they won't lock a costume behind it.

i wish ninty would be like "hey, there are new things in the new update, see if you can find them!"

wouldn't that be cool

The Smash community appreciates Nintendo doing this. Releasing huge balance changes with massive changes to global systems like shields without notes at all.

No

This update will probably come with some more Mario costumes though. Maybe some more future Amiibo (Roy/Lucas/Ryu) and some general ones.

Top Bottom