• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARIO + RABBIDS: Kingdom Battle |OT| XCOM on mushrooms

Natiko

Banned
Yes. This was previewed a month ago. The coop mode is separate from the single player and provides 18 unique missions I think.
Thanks for the info! I'd watched a video of coop being played but I must have missed if it was new content or just reused from single player.

Why isn't preload a thing on the Switch BTW? I bet many people would like to preload their games at home and play them as soon as they unlock while they're at work or wherever.

Even if the game is up at 12pm pst. I'd still need to wait for it to download.

I'm so torn about this game. On one hand, it looks fairly interesting and I like the premise - I've always had a soft spot for the Rabbids, as goofy as they are, and it's nice to see someone play with the Mario universe more since Paper Mario isn't allowed to do it anymore. On the other, the game seems... weirdly skewed towards Rabbids. I was hoping for more Mario fanservice, but things like the enemies only being (or just almost only being?) Rabbids and you being mandated to have a Rabbid in your party turn me off pretty hard. I wish there were at least more Mario series characters that could appear - things like DK Rabbid instead of actual DK just don't do it for me.

packy34

Why isn't preload a thing on the Switch BTW? I bet many people would like to preload their games at home and play them as soon as they unlock while they're at work or wherever.

Even if the game is up at 12pm pst. I'd still need to wait for it to download.

I don't expect Nintendo to ever allow preloads again until they are absolutely certain they won't run into another Paper Mario situation.

Is there going to be a friend code exchange for the Co-op? Is that even done over the Internet or is it just local?

Edit: What happened with the Paper Mario preload? ^^^^^^

Theorymon

Is there going to be a friend code exchange for the Co-op? Is that even done over the Internet or is it just local?

Edit: What happened with the Paper Mario preload? ^^^^^^

The game was unlocked the moment the preload came out, so people got to play it really early.

Anyways, pretty excited for this, gonna pick up a physical copy this evening! If I like this, I may have to get Xcom on steam as well!

iBlue

Where is the goddamn game on the eshop? Wanna play it before going to bed. Seriously we need to prep purchases on the switch da fuck nintendo

The game was unlocked the moment the preload came out, so people got to play it really early.

I mean, other than breaking street date that's not so bad. I thought someone hacked the preload in some way and did very bad things that effected the sales or something more sinister.

Didn't Sony fuck up with GTAV preload and unlocked it early in the UK or something? It happens.

deoee

Played first hours of the game and finished World 1!

It's so great to play around with the abilities and combos (it's a bit limited in some aspects like the damageing moves you can do per turn) and there is tons of weapons to unlock.

So good to see some goofy animations during play, had some nice laughs.

The music is unbelievable, it really hit's the mario vibes but has some nice changes to it.

Thank Nintendo, their taking there artificial scarcity strategy to the next (logical) level: artificial digital scarcity.

It (and other games) were released point midnight in EU and other countries.
So it's either a publisher thing or NOAs fault.

Wasn't planning on getting this but now changed my mind completely after all the great reviews and impressions. The visuals look great and the gameplay will bring some nice variety of what I've been playing recently.

El Odio

Banned
Gah, I was hoping to make it to 2 and maybe play through go through a few levels (assuming it goes up at midnight PST) but getting too tired for that. Guess I'll pick it up somewhere tomorrow morning.

how DARE you
tenor.gif

nick_b

Wasn't planning on getting this but now changed my mind completely after all the great reviews and impressions. The visuals look great and the gameplay will bring some nice variety of what I've been playing recently.

I've haven't been following Switch releases prior to one day before their launch. That way when I'm on GAF the day before release I can say "oh x game is coming out at midnight(nintendo willing)? I wonder what the impressions are. Great? Guess I'm buying that tonight." This way it is only a matter of hours that I have to get hyped and wait.

Majora

Damn I'm loving Peach's moveset. Her and Rabbid Peach working together as a pair are tank/healing beasts. Think I may finally have to say goodbye to Luigi. Only real issue with that team of three is it's a little lacking in weapon range.

Top Bottom