• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

Do the people who make the decisions not realize how bad Scott Buck is?

The fact that they've made this announcement and not mentioned Buck at all means that they probably do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but every other renewal has come with an announcement that either the showrunner was coming back, or I believe the announcement of the new one (I think Daredevil switched showrunners between S1 and S2).

RedAssedApe

Banned
The guy was right there...

C68mC5_WkAAUNOw.jpg

dunno why you guys are so hung up on lewis tan. his actual "acting" in his role sucked too

LotusHD

Banned
dunno why you guys are so hung up on lewis tan. his actual "acting" in his role sucked too

I dunno if he's the outright best for the job (But he can actually fight at least), just that he would've been better than Finn. So to hear that he auditioned and didn't get the part just stings.

Also would've preferred Danny to be Asian American, but that's a whole another can of worms that's been discussed to death, so meh.

I think season 2 needs to kill off Danny and give us a new Iron Fist. I generally don't like to push for complete character replacement, but unless The Defenders pulls a complete 180 on his character, then I don't think he can continue to carry a show successfully.

Tobor

The show needs 26 hours before people make up their minds? Nah

Even looking at the other Netflix Marvel shows, they might not have the budget to pull off Iron Fist. They all have to film in NY, CG is minimal across the board, and all the sets and costumes are boilerplate at best. As much as I dislike Gotham, at least it excels with its sets and costumes while filming in New York. Makes me think that even with a change in showrunner, Iron Fist would stay how it is.

Yeah, of course. Sometimes shows need a while to get good. This isn't a new phenomenon. Riker growing the beard is a trope for a reason.

aly

Oh now they want to put Misty in. Someone who was way more important to Danny than the Meachums or Colleen and she didn't get put in till now. Scott Buck sucks.

he's asian, he knows how to fight, he only had 2 scenes to judge off of in the show, and loras's acting wasn't anything spectacular anyway.

on all counts, they fucked up with casting and should've made him the lead.
Also would've preferred Danny to be Asian American, but that's a whole another can of worms that's been discussed to death, so meh.
all lewis would've had to do is an american accent there you go: asian american danny rand

barit

Oh no! There is only room for one superhero TV show with goofy Kung-Fu action and that is Arrow

They better have a kickass villain this time around. One of the many reasons why the other Netflix shows are superior

LotusHD

Banned
Oh no! There is only room for one superhero TV show with goofy Kung-Fu action and that is Arrow

They better have a kickass villain this time around. One of the many reasons why the other Netflix shows are superior

Are you telling me Bakuto and Harold are not kickass?

I am eager to see how they fuck up Davos being the primary, a villain so awesome that he should be damn near impossible to fuck up.

Just use this mess to backdoor a Shang Chi series and lets all forget about it and reboot it in a decade.

Ixzion

Iron Fist holds the dubious honor of the only Marvel Netflix show I just couldn't finish. I struggled through 6 episodes because I was watching with a friend, but even that was not enough. Iron Fist is godawful dreck and the only hope S2 has is not having that Dexter-ruining asshole Scott Buck anywhere near it.

I hope Marvel TV is hearing the reaction from S1 and doing something about it. If Buck is running shit, I will save my time and watch something else.

OnPoint

Would take a miracle turn around and people screaming how good it is for me to even consider watching one minute of this.

Cynar

I think season 2 needs to kill off Danny and give us a new Iron Fist. I generally don't like to push for complete character replacement, but unless The Defenders pulls a complete 180 on his character, then I don't think he can continue to carry a show successfully.
Fuck no.

RedAssedApe

Banned
he's asian, he knows how to fight, he only had 2 scenes to judge off of in the show, and loras's acting wasn't anything spectacular anyway.

on all counts, they fucked up with casting and should've made him the lead.all lewis would've had to do is an american accent there you go: asian american danny rand

Seems like you are more caught up with the Asian part.

His drunken acting was awful even for something that is supposed to be intentionally corny.

Kadayi

Banned
I think it's a bit tight to blame the success or failure of a show on the actors, they can only work with what they are given and frankly based on what's been said it doesn't sound like the production on the first season was particularly great in terms of time and development.

I doubt Netflix was overly happy with the review scores either so I imagine they'll be expecting a dramatic improvement in quality across the board from the second season and Marvel will be keen to deliver versus seeing their TV brand get wrecked again. The other shows all had issues to a greater or lesser degree in large part due to way too many episodes and a lot of clear filler and I dare say those issues will have come up in discussion.

I think there is something here. There are a lot of good actors, they just had a very small amount of time and a truly awful script. Netflix hit the territory of rush over quality to keep to a schedule and it showed.

I'll need to hear more before I cast judgement.

Seems like you are more caught up with the Asian part.

His drunken acting was awful even for something that is supposed to be intentionally corny.

Because he's not drunk. It's a callback to the portrayal of Drunken Style in Chinese Wushu films.

I think he did a pretty good job. Especially given how little time they gave the actors to choreograph the fight scenes apparently. But I'm also fine with Finn's portrayal.

I think it's a bit tight to blame the success or failure of a show on the actors, they can only work with what they are given and frankly based on what's been said it doesn't sound like the production on the first season was particularly great in terms of time and development.

I doubt Netflix was overly happy with the review scores either so I imagine they'll be expecting a dramatic improvement in quality across the board from the second season and Marvel will be keen to deliver versus seeing their TV brand get wrecked again. The other shows all had issues to a greater or lesser degree in large part due to way too many episodes and a lot of clear filler and I dare say those issues will have come up in discussion.

Season length is in the contract. The problem with Iron Fist lies with Scott Buck. As can be seen when you compare Inhumans trailer to every single other Marvel TV show, even the ones on ABC family.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Because he's not drunk. It's a callback to the portrayal of Drunken Style in Chinese Wushu films.

I think he did a pretty good job. Especially given how little time they gave the actors to choreograph the fight scenes apparently. But I'm also fine with Finn's portrayal.

Err I know what he was trying to portray. My Point is it wasn't good.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Both it and Luke cage are terrible, jessica Jones good, daredevil great.

LotusHD

Banned
Luke Cage had an amazing first half.

Ya, I have a lot more faith in a 2nd season for that since all they really gotta do is stay the hell away from Diamondback. Don't even really have much of an issue with Coulter's acting either, so yea.

Will not watch.
Just do Heroes for Hire already, these versions of Danny and Luke are profoundly boring by themselves.

I'mma need to see Defenders first, cuz it is so hard seeing Luke actually want to hang out with that guy lol

DeathyBoy

Banned
They are literally filming JJ S2 right now.

Yay.

Stealth best Superhero show returns. Not even joking. Shit hit me hard, and Ritter's performance was note perfect top tier superhero casting.

Plus she snaps her female best friend out of being mind controlled with a platonic declaration of love.

Stunning show.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Good lord, it's only when you see it on a GIF loop that you realise how bad Jessica's punch is lol. Guy flying back clearly on a string.

Yeah, but just about all fight choreography shows the cracks if you watch it over and over, so I can't fault it for that too much. But the first time I saw that shot I was like "What the hell is Iron Fist doing back there?"

Top Bottom