• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

DeathyBoy

Banned
They are literally filming JJ S2 right now.

Yay.

Stealth best Superhero show returns. Not even joking. Shit hit me hard, and Ritter's performance was note perfect top tier superhero casting.

Plus she snaps her female best friend out of being mind controlled with a platonic declaration of love.

Stunning show.

normanski

Neo Member
Yeah, but just about all fight choreography shows the cracks if you watch it over and over, so I can't fault it for that too much. But the first time I saw that shot I was like "What the hell is Iron Fist doing back there?"

Lol yeah he just looks a bit lost and not sure what to do with himself

RedAssedApe

Banned
Tyah1Nf.gif

Eh I mean the only one actually doing anything in that clip is dd. :)

I've watched all the Marvel films multiple times and every episode of all the shows but I'll be damned if I could make it through Iron Fist. I had to tap out at about episode 6.

S1 was complete trash with almost no redeeming qualities, but I dunno, maybe it's salvageable. They can replace basically everyone on the creative team, right? Get rid of Scott Buck (forever), hire completely different writers, etc.

Finn Jones should have plenty of time to actual prepare this time too. I mean, Keanu Reeves spent like 6 months of hard training in judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu before cameras started rolling on John Wick. Then again, that was directed by people with a background in stunts and fight choreography, had a passion for martial arts films, and cared about making a good movie.

Iron Fist is the only one out of the Netflix/Marvel tie up that I haven't seen, think I'll try and watch it before The Defenders hit.

I know its not great but it can't be as bad as everyone says, surely.

Sojgat

Iron Fist is the only one out of the Netflix/Marvel tie up that I haven't seen, think I'll try and watch it before The Defenders hit.

The first episode is mostly fine, and you will be lulled into thinking people were just being hyperbolic.

Wait.

Lakuza

I didn't mind the first season, it was better than luke cage's second half.

They need to focus on the combat for this season (needs to be on the level of daredevil fights) where he uses his iron fist for the majority of the fight. In season 1, he probably used the fist for a total of around 2-3 minutes. Get a good choreographer and change showrunner.

NightOnyx

I just got done watching season 1 the other day as I get ready for the Defenders. It definitely is the weakest show of the bunch. The writing was just down right bad a lot times. It seems like they had no feel for the characters, especially Danny, which as the lead is a pretty bad thing for a series to struggle with. Not sure how I feel about Finn Jones as Danny, I like to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't think the writing and the directing was there for him, but man he struggled a lot.

I liked Colleen and Ward, probably the best part of the show. Joy and Harold sucked though, which was too bad because I actually liked what I thought those characters were going to be. They should have done more with Joy's friendship with Danny, they hinted there was a bond there, but then it went no where. Harold went a little too ham for me, he became silly instead of a behind the scene's threat. The hand stuff was alright, I thought Bakuto was decent.

All and all I think season 1 was a mess, but I do feel Iron Fist can be saved. I think they definitely need to get rid of Scott Buck as showrunner, and bring in a different team that can learn how to write some compelling and consisting characters. I'm also hoping that the Defenders can start to fix Danny as a character.

kmag

I just got done watching season 1 the other day as I get ready for the Defenders. It definitely is the weakest show of the bunch. The writing was just down right bad a lot times. It seems like they had no feel for the characters, especially Danny, which as the lead is a pretty bad thing for a series to struggle with. Not sure how I feel about Finn Jones as Danny, I like to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't think the writing and the directing was there for him, but man he struggled a lot.

I liked Colleen and Ward, probably the best part of the show. Joy and Harold sucked though, which was too bad because I actually liked what I thought those characters were going to be. They should have done more with Joy's friendship with Danny, they hinted there was a bond there, but then it went no where. Harold went a little too ham for me, he became silly instead of a behind the scene's threat. The hand stuff was alright, I thought Bakuto was decent.

All and all I think season 1 was a mess, but I do feel Iron Fist can be saved. I think they definitely need to get rid of Scott Buck as showrunner, and bring in a different team that can learn how to write some compelling and consisting characters. I'm also hoping that the Defenders can start to fix Danny as a character.

Harold was fine at the beginning but the overuse was annoying.
Had they just had Ward kill him and that would be that then it would have been fine.

Coleen was the best thing in the show, even though her fight scenes tended to be the worst of the lot.

Hagi

I'm not going to waste time on another season of this unless they do a complete creative overhaul. When the Kung Fu dude looks more like he's fighting as an extra on Martial Law you know you have problems.

When are we getting the Punisher show? Give me a date for that and season 3 of Daredevil.

Seems like you are more caught up with the Asian part.

His drunken acting was awful even for something that is supposed to be intentionally corny.
I am more caught up with the Asian part. I believe that is practical, another practical part is the martial arts, Lewis happens to sport both.

I also don't think his drunken acting was awful. In fact I thought that scene was good.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Whovever was the show runner of Into the Badlands season 2. Alfred Gough.

Smallville Al Gough? If so, yes.

It's been too long since we had a superhero show with the female lead being stalked every week and the male lead having off the charts ho yay with the designated villain.

God, I miss Smallville. The weirdest superhero show of all time that was so badly run that their Lex Luthor left because everyone was too afraid to just ask DC if the actor could grow his hair again.

Shai-Tan

Banned
It was enjoyable enough to watch even though the kung fu sucks compared to Into the Badlands. I'm pretty sure Iron Fist is just an awful character though so act 2 will need good supporting characters or villains.

kunonabi

It's perfectly serviceable. It never reaches the highs the other shows do but it doesn't have their crippling lows either.

Hah, I had missed the news.
If they fire the showrunner and writers of season 1 and if Danny gets hit by a car in the first scene of the first episode, and oh no he has to be replaced, they might go somewhere.

The first season wasn't bad. It have to improve a lot to be bad. It was beyond aweful. I really like the character but they did everything wrong with this show. It was simple stupid. No hopes for a second season.

Seijuro

Sums up my feelings about season 1. Ollie would wipe the floor with season 1 Danny. But there is still hope for the show if they make Finn Jones actually learn some martial arts for the money they are paying him, get more real fighters onboard. Don't tell us how well versed you are in self control and martial arts, show us (not lose your temper every 2 minutes and get beat up by a punk every episode).

The episode in the middle of season 1
where he fights that drunken boxer
and the ending
looking for Kun Lun
should be what the series is all about. Not the Meachums.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Can we just reboot Iron Fist? The entire show was a mess except maybe Gao and Ward and even then they weren't anywhere near enough to salvage that snoozefest.

MAKE WARD THE IRON FIST. Boom I've already created a far better show in a single sentence. His biggest kung fu move if flipping the bird at people and they explode like Fist of the North Star.

Top Bottom