• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

First look at Gorgon in Inhumans:

Q9X7ZmK.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah, why else do you think all of Tony's suits exploded at the end of IM3?

Because that was the last movie for RDJ under his original contract he signed before starting filming IM1. Shane Black gave him a full exit in case new contract negotiation stalled.

Shame that following movies had zero references of that exit. Stark was back at his usual shenanigans in A2.

Because that was the last movie for RDJ under his original contract he signed before starting filming IM1. Shane Black gave him a full exit in case new contract negotiation stalled.

Shame that following movies had zero references of that exit. Stark was back at his usual shenanigans in A2.
It was a joke.

TEJ

Does anybody here know when the gotg vol 2 review screenings will happen?

And for the sake of fun, I predict that Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 will outgross captain america civil war worldwide.

I mean, I predicted 800 million for gotg vol 1 pre release and I was almost right with that.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

thatsbait.bmp

Does anybody here know when the gotg vol 2 review screenings will happen?

And for the sake of fun, I predict that Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 will outgross captain america civil war worldwide.

I mean, I predicted 800 million for gotg vol 1 pre release and I was almost right with that.

I really won't be surprised to see Guardians make a push toward a billion if the reviews are stellar. A lot of people caught on to the first one late, and it was still a hit at the box office.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The advanced Spider-Man suit that Tony Stark created is filled with cool technology that we didn't see in Civil War. As you saw in the trailer, the Spider-Man logo on the chest can be deployed as a remote drone. Most of the cool tech has been disabled as part of some safety systems, and Tony can track the suit via GPS.

After Parker is able to deactivate the ”Training Wheels" protocol, he discovers the suit has a voice operating system like Jarvis, although voice casting was not decided at the time we were on set. The suit also has a holographic interface. Says Carroll:

”My favorite gizmo that the suit has... there's a very funny sequence in the movie because of something he can do with his vision in the suit... he can sort of alter what he sees and how he sees things, and it's really funny to see. It's almost like the first time you play a video game and the controls are all funny, and it's really funny seeing him look like a badass, but inside panic and not know what to do."

annoyed-gif-220.gif

icespide

Banned
Ehh... if Peter ditches this suit and make his own suit at the end of the film or so then I'm ok with it but right now this suit is basically a soft iron-man suit with all the additional tech stuff.

pretty sure the movie will end up with him getting his suit back from Tony with even more upgrades either before the final climax or as the ending scene of the film. I'd love to be wrong though

yeah I was okay with Tony making his suit but the over Iron Manification feels wrong

icespide

Banned
the rest of the set reports stuff sounds great though. it sounds like they are aggressively trying to avoid most things that have been in previous films. don't expect any Osborn shenanigans or Daily Bugle

Lol at y'all thinking Peter is gonna keep anything beyond the most basic gadgets in the suit when the movie is over (the eyes, spider tracers, wings would likely be about it).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know what would be explicitly referenced from Netflix that would need Damage Control's attention. Well, there's the giant hole in the ground, but we don't know how that's going to play out.

They can play out the suit stuff in a really cool way I think. Yes the suit is definitely overstuffed with fancy tech in a way that Tony would build it. Peter probably doesn't need all that extra crap but it's nice to have for a "training wheels" suit. I can see him ditching it and creating his own by the 2nd film, both to stand on his own and to get himself out of Tony's direct control.

icespide

Banned
They can play out the suit stuff in a really cool way I think. Yes the suit is definitely overstuffed with fancy tech in a way that Tony would build it. Peter probably doesn't need all that extra crap but it's nice to have for a "training wheels" suit. I can see him ditching it and creating his own by the 2nd film, both to stand on his own and to get himself out of Tony's direct control.

yeah if they go that route then it will be worth it but I have my doubts

I'd rather be disappointed about the Netflix stuff now. I think that seals the deal really, if yknow, the Avengers tower being absent from every one of the four shows didn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom