• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be disappointed about the Netflix stuff now. I think that seals the deal really, if yknow, the Avengers tower being absent from every one of the four shows didn't already.

It's funny because posters go out of their way to show the tower. iirc Stark/Avengers tower is in place of the Metlife building, which is there in the Netflix shows.

Spidey's suit having hidden gadgets is whatever, aside from reminding me of Metroid Other M a little.

BLACKLAC

I reckon it might just be Proxima & Corvus. Ideally Thanos is going to get his hands dirty and actually fight the Avengers.

It has been confirmed that there are at least 3.

unrelated:
5TvVbet.png

Other M had a dumb thing where Samus disabled her suit abilities until she's given permission to re-enable them. You'd find Samus in situations where she's burning to death but won't turn on the heat resistance until this guy gives her the OK. At least Spidey isn't aware his suit can do a whole lot more when he's in danger.

IHaveIce

Banned
That is Black Dwarf, you're thinking of The Ebony Maw. But yeah...wonder if Maw might be a good replacement for Mephisto.
I was gonna say.

Yeah Ebony Maw would be amazing...

Ah man I really liked Infinity.. at least the stuff that happened on Earth and the Finale, though I really hope they don't beat Thanos in the movies.. just get him to retreat or fuck hinself up.
Marvel has to stop killing or ruining villians

As I said in the other thread, I thought the one in the top left was Iron Fist.

Which just goes to show, once again, how ridiculous it is that he doesn't have the suit.

I thought the same thing.

EDIT: Didn't even notice: 08:18:20:17, or August 18, 2017: the actual premiere date for The Defenders

Pachimari

Jon Watts talk about Uncle Ben:

“They talk about that, absolutely. It’s not… it’s not a huge thing that I want to go into too much, but there is an acknowledgment that there was a Ben,”

“I mean, we’re implying he’s dead. We have not at all, again, gone into trying to change his origin story as far as I have been envisioning it. But we, just again, we thought that to keep this fun, light tone, as soon as they have to have their, like, ‘Let’s remember our dearly departed father figure’ – it derails that a little. And again, what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of fun movie about a kid trying to be a kid. He’s mourning the loss of a parent.”

According to co-producer Eric Carroll, Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark will only be in 5-6 scenes.

Tony Stark and Peter Parker has a brotherly relationship:

“I think we’re seeing the beginning of a sort of father-son relationship. Obviously Tony hasn’t got any kids, and Peter at this point hasn’t got any male figures in his life, so I think there’s a really lovely dynamic that Robert and I are forming. And, no, let me take that back. I think Robert is more like a big brother than he is a father figure because he picks on him and he is down on him quite a lot. But then there is that level of him caring about him like his own, and Robert has really brought something lovely to the character. It’s a very different side of Stark than you’ve ever seen before.”

Source: ScreenRant

Pachimari

Have no idea.

Also, Daredevil Season 3 starts filming later this year, so it's safe to assume it's one of the 2018 shows.
Charlie Cox had this to say to the Film and Telly Stuff With Luke And Al radio show:

"I do that later in the year. We’ll go back and do that."

So maybe it's gonna be Jessica Jones in spring, Daredevil in summer and Luke Cage in fall.

Nyanmaruz

So far the confirmed slate for this year is:

May: GOTG Vol.2
July: Spiderman Homecoming
August: Defenders
September: Inhumans
November: Thor Ragnarok

Still unknown how Punisher, Runaways, and Coak and Dagger will fit into this year.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
WjtFkU1.jpg

I don't mean this as a complaint, but this pic looks legit like a PS3 game at this res.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Did a search and didn't see this posted. If it has, forgive me.

DAREDEVIL Season 3 May Be Coming Even Sooner Than We Thought

Season two of Daredevil may have failed to stick the landing in its final couple of episodes, but the show's second year still made for great viewing. While it's thought that The Defenders will delve into story elements like The Hand and Elektra, the wait for the Man Without Fear's third season has been torture, but it now appears as if we can expect to see him return in solo action sooner than expected.

During a recent appearance on the "Film and Telly Stuff With Luke And Al" radio show, Charlie Cox revealed that "I do that later in the year. We'll go back and do that." That means we can expect to see Daredevil back on Netflix in 2018, something which makes sense given its popularity and the fact the first two seasons are among the biggest shows to have ever launched on the online streaming service.

tumblr_nn2eluyA4i1qbl27ko2_250.gif

Please be better than Season 2. Please for the love of christ be better than Season 2.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Jason Statham!

Didn't he enter into a secret deal to sign on for Season 2 (I assume for the role of Frank Castle, since Bullseye never made an appearance) only to pull out at the last minute once the negotiations went public?

Do you think Elektra will be back for part of Season 3 , or will they tie up her arc in Defenders?

Elektra's definitely in The Defenders, so I imagine her resurrection and subsequent reunion with Matt will get covered there. If Season 3 is doing Born Again, I think it's important the show moves more decisively in that direction, as opposed to tying itself down to the more mystical aspects that proved so unpopular in Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom