• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

As I mentioned the other day, Charlie Cox had been chatting with the Film and Telly Stuff with Luke and Al radio show, and here he answered the question, if his Daredevil will fit in with the Avengers:

”Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are run by completely different people. But then again, Clark Gregg is in the Avengers so why not? Just for interest, I went back and read Civil War before the movie came out. Because a lot of people had asked me if I thought that based on tone and genre the DD show is in, could that co-exist in one of the Avenger movies. And I went back and had a look to see how the comics approached it and you know, DD can't compete with those guys. He's a street hero and he doesn't have superpowers in the same way but his role as a device within Civil War is really effective and he maintains his character. So I think he could have worked so who knows. Maybe one day."

Source: Heroic Hollywood

SpaceWolf

Banned
As I mentioned the other day, Charlie Cox had been chatting with the Film and Telly Stuff with Luke and Al radio show, and here he answered the question, if his Daredevil will fit in with the Avengers:

Source: Heroic Hollywood

jZGP11S.gif

icespide

Banned
I'm looking forward to when one of these netflix characters finally show up in the movies and they cast someone completely different and it has nothing to do with the show

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm looking forward to when one of these netflix characters finally show up in the movies and they cast someone completely different and it has nothing to do with the show

I think Charlie Cox flat-out stated in a prior interview that he genuinely expects this to happen.

I think I've completely given up at this point. Even the actors seem to have lost faith.

I think Charlie Cox flat-out stated in a prior interview that he genuinely expects this to happen.

I think I've completely given up at this point. Even the actors seem to have lost faith.

2015 around season 1 he talked about how he'd love to do a story where Spidey poses as Daredevil while Matt defends him.

v8LhM4T.png

It's a shame because Charlie Cox is great as Matt. Aside from Jon Bernthal as Frank, and a handful of side characters, I'm not too bummed they're separate. But those two could work in the movies. Say, if a Superior Foes movie ever happens, I'd want Bernthal to be the Punisher those goons are scared of.

BLACKLAC

How Spider-Man Tom Holland Earned Batman Michael Keaton's Respect
http://www.thewrap.com/how-tom-holland-earned-michael-keaton-respect-spider-man-batman/
Holland explained how his insistence on making the action sequences as realistic as possible, even though it may cause shooting delays, earned him Keaton's respect.

”I really stuck by my guns ... and eventually they went with what I said. Michael took me aside and said, ‘Look, that's what I did in Batman. I always tried to make sure that what I was doing made sense, and that I could possibly happen."

Holland explained the reason he wanted the action scenes to be realistic.

”My big thing was always trying to ground Peter's powers in reality, which meant never putting him in a situation he can easily escape from. And that choice would [often] completely reconfigure the scene that we'd have to do, which would waste two hours in re-rehearsing."

Tom Holland explains how he took Keaton's words as both advice and praise.

”So it felt like something I should keep doing, but also a compliment at the same time."

Elizabeth Olson doing her own stunts.
https://twitter.com/richardriddell/status/849461029142769667

What is an MCEU?
I assume it's Marvel Cinematic Expanded Universe. Same way with Star Wars Expanded Universe where comics, book, cartoon etc reference the main Star Wars movies but you don't really expect characters from the cartoon to show up in the movies other than little cameo or easter eggs.

I may be wrong thiugh, never really get into the additional lore of star wars. But I think the point is that all that side content is not needed to understand the main movies continuity.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Guardians Of The Galaxy: New Details Reportedly Reveal Sylvester Stallone's Role

Supposedly, Stallone will play Starhawk.

The website MoviesBook recently tweeted an except for an international press release for Guardians which shares some interesting information. The Italian document gives a rundown for casting information for the film, and its final line gives a nod to Kurt Russell and Stallone. The former is said to play Ego, a fact which fans have known for some time. But, when it comes to Stallone, the release writes that the actor will be playing a character named Stakar.

If that name sounds familiar to you, then it is because you are a big Guardians fan. In the comics, Stakar is better known by the title Starhawk, and he is a major player in the franchise. The cosmic being led to the formation of the Guardians in the 31st century, and he is the son of heroes Quasar and Kismet. Formerly a member of the Reavers of Arcturus, Starhawk is known as a sort of antihero who teamed up with his sister-turned-lover Aleta Ogord.

Sesha

I can't believe we're getting Starhawk in the movies while Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Runaways and Squirrel Girl are all stuck in TV land indefinitely.

No! Positive thoughts!

I can't believe we're getting Starhawk alongside Mantis and fuckin' Ego. Based Gunn.

icespide

Banned
I can't believe we're getting Starhawk in the movies while Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Runaways and Squirrel Girl are all stuck in TV land indefinitely.

No! Positive thoughts!

I can't believe we're getting Starhawk alongside Mantis and fuckin' Ego. Based Gunn.
they aren't stuck in TV land they will just be recast when they're in the movies

jmood88

No! Positive thoughts!

Posts like these are starting to get as annoying as port begging.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just to give context to our fellow not-german-Gaffers, FSK 16 means that you have to be 16 years old to watch this movie. Its a bit like R-Rated, only that Kids arent allowed to come with their parents.

Suicide Squad was 15 in the UK too, though I think the BBFC were just trying to do kids in our country a favour.

I'd be shocked if Guardians got a 15 here, it's bound to be a 12A.

tomtom94

Suicide Squad was 15 in the UK too, though I think the BBFC were just trying to do kids in our country a favour.

I'd be shocked if Guardians got a 15 here, it's bound to be a 12A.

If the frigging Dark Knight can get a 12A Guardians should easily be able to. Could be some small cuts though.

Pachimari

Janet McTeer has been cast for Jessica Jones S2 as a "mysterious character who will have an enormous impact on Jessica's life."

”We are so fortunate to have an actress of Janet's talent and stature join what is already an incredible cast," said Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb. ”Our second season of Marvel's Jessica Jones aims to capture what audiences loved about our first, and Janet will be key to achieving that goal."

Source: Entertainment Weekly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freeform's Vice President of Programming, Karey Burke has confirmed that the plan is to launch Cloak and Dagger in early 2018, and they are currently figuring out how to schedule both Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors:

"That's not a bad idea. We're modeling schedules now as we head into the upfront [on April 19]. That is one alternative. Or we may stick with a comedy night and a drama night as originals that we're doing now. Or we could not pair them together and have a Marvel comedy on the comedy night and Cloak and Dagger as part of the drama night."

There's also no plans for a crossover between the two shows:

"If you know these two properties, they're not particularly connected. There are many degrees of separation with where they fall in the Marvel universe. But anything is possible with Marvel. Their tones are so wildly different. Cloak is this angst-filled achingly beautiful heartfelt romantic drama. And Squirrel Girl is a balls-out comedy."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy Pascal has revealed how Sony and Marvel came to an agreement on Spider-Man:

"Truly, it was because Spider-Man is great, the character is great and people love him. That's good for Disney. That's good for Marvel. And that is certainly good for Sony. So, the fact that all these companies were willing to work together to make that happen—believing that everybody needed each other in order to have that happen. I think that's pretty miraculous."

More at Collider.

Disney Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Media Distribution, Mark Endemano has said Inhumans will live up to the hype:

"I promise you, this is unlike anything you've ever seen before on television. It brings a richness and depth of storytelling."

Source: ComicBook

SpaceWolf

Banned
The Sony/Marvel deal over sharing Spiderman really is remarkable.

I'm still in shock it managed to happen.

Disney Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Media Distribution, Mark Endemano has said Inhumans will live up to the hype:

"I promise you, this is unlike anything you've ever seen before on television. It brings a richness and depth of storytelling."

ewis1.gif

jph139

With all of these new shows on different networks, I wonder if TV crossovers will be more likely or less likely. Are they really all gonna stay in their own little bubbles?

SHIELD is the only thing that's really made an effort of cross-referencing the other shows, so I feel like once that's gone, the insulation is only gonna get worse.

I honestly thought Sly was going to play Charlie-27. I also had this feeling that we'd get more of the original Guardians in this upcoming film, but Starhawk wasn't among those that we'd see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom