• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

So far the confirmed slate for this year is:

May: GOTG Vol.2
July: Spiderman Homecoming
August: Defenders
September: Inhumans
November: Thor Ragnarok

Still unknown how Punisher, Runaways, and Coak and Dagger will fit into this year.

Summer of MARVEL, C/D and Runaways were said to be 2018. Pun, I think is late in the year.

So Shocker is really in this?

blog_magic_8_ball_signs_yes.jpg

curb

Banned
What is even happening? Freeform goin' crazy.

So can we please have Doreen be Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' babysitter at some point?

Sesha

My increasing disillusionment with the MCU is going supersonic. Can't wait for Thunderbolts and Nova to be relegated to TV purgatory.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Yeah, I'm not digging that Squirrel Girl description. She works better for me as something of an eccentric misfit who operates fringes of the superhero collective, not an empowering group leader.

The Kree

Banned
Yeah, I'm not digging that Squirrel Girl description. She works better for me as something of an eccentric misfit who operates fringes of the superhero collective, not an empowering group leader.

How do you know she works better that way if you haven't seen this version yet?

SpaceWolf

Banned
How do you know she works better that way if you haven't seen this version yet?

I meant that the notion of Squirrel Girl being more of an eccentric loner works better for me than seeing that character as a group leader. You're definitely right in that it would be far more fair to get to know the ABC version before judging her prematurely...I just feel that presenting that character as something of an authority figure does something to undermine her personal appeal to me as a blithe, rambunctious free-spirit who spends more of her time on the fringes of the big adventures as opposed to being slap bang in the middle of them as a team leader issuing orders.

I'll wait and see of course, that's just my immediate impression as a fan of the character following this announcement.

Pachimari

This is how Spider-Man: Homecoming will start:

"The film literally begins in the shadow of Stark Tower, now with its trademark “A” still hanging on. Michael Keaton’s Toomes has arrived with his boys to begin the clean-up process, a nice little contract he’s picked up for his salvage business, only to be stopped by the Department of Damage Control (a nod to the classic Marvel comic series) who are taking over the clean up and send Toomes away. Following that, and the Sony and Marvel logos, things will jump into the middle of Civil War, just after Tony Stark has recruited Peter to his side of the fight. A montage will show Peter’s exploits in leaving New York, riding on a private jet to Germany, and taking place in the big airport fight. We’ll also see what he did right after that, hanging around in Europe… literally, as he explores the world in his brand-new Spider-Man suit."

The film will also show what Peter Parker was up to after the airport battle in Civil War:

Many fans have previously documented how it was slightly odd in Civil War that we never saw how Peter made it home after Tony dismissed him at the conclusion of the airport battle. Fans should appreciate that this minor detail wasn't ignored and that Watts is taking the time to explore what Peter was up to when he was randomly plucked from his humble NYC apartment and thrown right into the middle of a conflict between the planet's most powerful superheroes.

Following those shots of Peter web-slinging around Europe it seems there's a hard cut right back to Peter suddenly thrust back into normal high school life as he rides the subway to class. Apparently, some time has passed and Peter has been waiting for a call from Tony that never came.

Source: ComingSoon

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am going to love to see him hanging around the Brandenburger Tor.
Also, I like that it not starts right with a Flashback, that got a bit overused up until now.

SpaceWolf

Banned
When all the MCEU movies are done and out they should release a megabox collection in the shape of the infinity gauntlet

Give me a ridiculously elaborate box-set including all the MCU movies, television series, shorts and behind the scenes features.

Will I be able to afford it? No, but I bet it would look pretty cool!

Pachimari

Shouldn't Squirrel Girl be on that list?
New Warriors is the show with Squirrel Girl.

And here's another new TV spot for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 focusing on the old team.

And some of the events Adrian Toomes (Vulture) and his crew has scavenged from besides the New York battle against the Chitauri, include:
  • Fight between Crossbones and Captain America in Lagos
  • From the showdown against Ultron in Sokovia
  • From the Dark Elf invasion in London

Co-producer Eric Carroll also confirms the theories between Crossbones and Shocker's gauntlets are correct:

”That gauntlet, you'll recognize from the beginning of Civil War, it's what Crossbones is using to kick the sh*t of Cap in that prologue. They scavenged it from the battle in Lagos and made a couple of upgrades, so that it's not a pneumatic punch machine, it also delivers a pretty hefty jolt when it connects as well."

Source: ComingSoon

Chris Evans also gives a little update as to if he'll continue or not after Avengers 4 and how he feels about it:

"I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be hard for me," Evans admitted when asked about moving on from the role. "But the passing of time and the passing of torches is part of the experience. Nothing lasts forever. There's a beauty in that departure, even if it can be sad at times. It's also joyful. I've had a great run. Superheroes are reinventable entities, like Batman or even James Bond. These movies find new incarnations and new ways to tell the story. I am all for it. However they want to proceed after ‘Avengers 4,' it's really up to them. I walk away with no regrets and endlessly thankful."

Source: USA Today

Pachimari

After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.

So our Inhuman family is hiding out on Earth because of a military coup back at Attilan. So might Maximus have overtaken the throne of his brother, and then we'll spend a lot of time on Earth where they need to adapt? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom