• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |1 year Anniversary Thread| You should be playing this game now

inky

is there any estimated date for Venom?
gonna main him for sure when hes out

2nd half of the year is all we know. Novemberish I would say considering there is a story chapter that needs to happen before villains become playable, starting with Magneto.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP Inky! Hope more Gaffers come and give the game a try(or another try). I'm very excited about the anniversary stuff coming next week.

Game's pretty great. I play Superior Spider-Man, Loki, and Gambit, though i am leveling Capt Marvel and Taskmaster. Can't wait for Star Lord and Nova.

LuuKyK

You all starting the game now should buy Psylocke as soon as possible. Best character in the
Marvel Universe
game, easily.

It's not retroactive, no. The starter heroes have changed though, and there's now more of them, so it might be worth your time to just make a new account. I think these are still the current starters:

What Wallach said, I would start a new account since there a lot more starter heroes to pick from now. And you'll get all the bonus splinters from being the story.

Thanks for the reply. I'm reluctant to give up my old account though because I got one of those nvidia promo coupons last year which had currency for 3 f2p games including this one. So I ended up adding the code to my current account and I believe the value was 2600 gold. Is that a significant amount or am I still better off starting a new account?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for the reply. I'm reluctant to give up my old account though because I got one of those nvidia promo coupons last year which had currency for 3 f2p games including this one. So I ended up adding the code to my current account and I believe the value was 2600 gold. Is that a significant amount or am I still better off starting a new account?

2600g is quite a bit considering a regular hero costs 900 (I think? I cant check)

what is your problem with you old account again?

(also double post, sorry)

Wallach

That is a significant amount, yeah, especially as that is cash shop currency ($25 worth, which you can't earn in-game). It's enough to buy any hero you want and have plenty left over. The splinter reward from new story mode is definitely not worth much compared to that.

2600g is quite a bit considering a regular hero costs 900 (I think? I cant check)

what is your problem with you old account again?

(also double post, sorry)

I don't have any real problem with it other than the fact that I have a couple of meh heroes unlocked and a couple of posters here suggested I start a new one. I checked the Marvel Heroes site but I can't figure out where they sell heroes for gold. If I can pick up one or two heroes with the gold I'd rather just continue this one.

That is a significant amount, yeah, especially as that is cash shop currency ($25 worth, which you can't earn in-game). It's enough to buy any hero you want and have plenty left over. The splinter reward from new story mode is definitely not worth much compared to that.

Thanks. I'll download it off Steam and check it out again.

v1lla21

Stopped playing the game after I got my ps4 so I have to get back into it. I remember buying Punisher but not using him. Lol. Taskmaster is playable? Fucking awesome. Is he good?

There's an in game store when you press x. There is buy one get one right now too for everyone except psylocke who is the newest hero. You will get a random hero token (which could end up being the same one you just bought but probably not)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't have any real problem with it other than the fact that I have a couple of meh heroes unlocked and a couple of posters here suggested I start a new one. I checked the Marvel Heroes site but I can't figure out where they sell heroes for gold. If I can pick up one or two heroes with the gold I'd rather just continue this one.

Thanks. I'll download it off Steam and check it out again.

you buy them in game, press X for the store- if you do it now you get a random hero for free aswell (can be anyone except psylocke)

Stopped playing the game after I got my ps4 so I have to get back into it. I remember buying Punisher but not using him. Lol. Taskmaster is playable? Fucking awesome. Is he good?

he's a mixture of captain america, hawkeye and spiderman (as in, he uses spells from each of them) so yes he's good

and he has the Udon costume in game too (well, not by default)

Taskmaster3.jpg

It's good to save a little money for stash tabs though. I've gotten by comfortably on a single purchased general tab (2 total as you get one in game for free) and one crafting tab which are a bit cheaper than the general ones.

Considering one of the login bonuses next week is supposed to be another stash tab, that.s even better.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You all starting the game now should buy Psylocke as soon as possible. Best character in the
Marvel Universe
game, easily.

She's also literally the worst hero a new player could buy right now due to her exlcusion from the bogo sale :p

he's a mixture of captain america, hawkeye and spiderman (as in, he uses spells from each of them) so yes he's good

Also Daredvil

inky

Can you powerlevel in this like in Diablo?

Not exactly. But there's plenty of stuff to let you level faster like synergies, runes, items and boosts.

1 round of X-Defense (wave based mode) takes you from 1 to 12 or something. Legendary quests starting at 20 give out very big XP orbs as rewards, which usually net you a full level when you claim them.

It's good to save a little money for stash tabs though. I've gotten by comfortably on a single purchased general tab (2 total as you get one in game for free) and one crafting tab which are a bit cheaper than the general ones.

Considering one of the login bonuses next week is supposed to be another stash tab, that.s even better.

I've got 8 of them and they are all full >.<

Wallach

I noticed there isn't much really in the OP about the two big features coming with the anniversary week:

- Omega System: Basically this game's version of an AA system, it's like a cross between D3's Paragon, PoE's skill tree, and Borderlands 2 Badass Points. After Wednesday, you'll earn experience towards Omega levels on any hero (starting from level 1), and each level you gain will earn you a single point. You spend these points in the Omega System trees, which are a bunch of different individual skill trees with connected, branching paths. Each tree has a general theme (Psionics, Arcane Attunement, Nanotechnology, Human Augmentation, etc), with some nodes granting one time bonuses and others being able to rank up multiple times (with increasing Omega Point costs each time).

AZpZKk2.jpg

- Raids: Basically them continuing to try to bridge the gap between MMOs and ARPGs, the first 10-player raid zone will be Muspelheim, with the final raid encounter of the zone being Surtur himself. Supposedly there will be both "normal mode" and "hard mode" versions of these raid zones, much like raid zones in World of Warcraft.

XbIJRRf.jpg

inky

I had a second part planned to detail the Anniversary stuff for next week, that's why I didn't include those details :p It was a long post as it is.

Actually, posting that stuff here and there through the thread might be the better option because Omega and Raids are awesome and people definitely should know about those.
Also, Gaz provided pics are pretty damn crappy so I avoided them :p

antonz

Preordered a hero pack before launch and played for a month or so and found it really wasn't ready so took 4-5 months off. Came back and the game really is so much better. Have a blast playing it.

If you are a fan of ARPG then you should at least give it a chance.

Just started playing this for the first time a couple days ago. Having a lot of fun as Luke Cage. I'm not usually that into these kinds of Diablo-esque games but being a big fan of the Marvel universe helps make it more fun for me. Loved seeing Doop show up randomly as I was running around, guessing he's sorta like a treasure goblin.

Wallach

Just started playing this for the first time a couple days ago. Having a lot of fun as Luke Cage. I'm not usually that into these kinds of Diablo-esque games but being a big fan of the Marvel universe helps make it more fun for me. Loved seeing Doop show up randomly as I was running around, guessing he's sorta like a treasure goblin.

Yeah, Doop is basically a loot goblin. There's a much rarer "Cosmic Doop", which is basically a giant, pissed-off version of Doop that spews storms of Mjolnirs.

so doop is basicly a mini crawmerax in terms of loot?
loot drops are good so far
hope that transitions to raids(unlike BL2 raid bosses)

Rhaknar

Yeah, you can definitely tell when a popular hero has just released. Magneto's going to be the same way, grabbity squeezes everywhere.

happens with every new hero or every hero that got a review

Rhaknar

being a marvel fan is halfway to enjoying the game imo. I know its the main reason I love it. For example, you will probably know every one of Luke Cage's summons, they are not just random summons

Also, I fucking love Cage so much. dampsey roll all day every day

edit: ffs double post again, meant to edit my previous >_< im sorry

Anyone think this will land on console like DC Universe did? I'd love something to scratch the Marvel Ultimate Alliance itch. Apologies if this is considered port begging.

Wallach

Anyone think this will land on console like DC Universe did? I'd love something to scratch the Marvel Ultimate Alliance itch. Apologies if this is considered port begging.

Unfortunately I think they've outright shot this down before. The only port they are working on is the Mac client, which is going into open beta next week.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If they ever decide to write a mac client, I'll give it a spin. Wouldn't mind Black Panthering it up. Hopefully it happens before Diablo 3 PS4 drops.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If they ever decide to write a mac client, I'll give it a spin. Wouldn't mind Black Panthering it up. Hopefully it happens before Diablo 3 PS4 drops.

mac open beta starts next week.

Did anyone mention that we have a gaf super group?

I imagine It will matter next week when raids come out. Nobody wants to raid with idiot pubs.

Ploid 3.0

I didn't know this thread was up. I started playing again this week, so much new stuff. I love that I don't have to pay a sub so I can jump in whenever I want, like Guild Wars 2.

I just crafted Emma Frost's New Xmen Costume. I don't know if I like it over the default, but there was no way I was going to be lucky enough to get Phoenix Force 5 costume.

Top Bottom