• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |1 year Anniversary Thread| You should be playing this game now

Vecks

Worth mentioning is that the game has a great community as well, lots of friendly and helpful people all around!

Yeah, people are usually willing to revive you, and if you ask for help in LFG, people usually lend a helping hand. I turn off social chat though.

inky

I'm sure this has been asked to death but will I like this if I enjoyed Ultimate Alliance?

I think so. At least it was the case for me.

It is not exactly the same kind of game but it is the closest we will get to those days and I believe there is a good chance that you'll enjoy it.

Berksy

Playing this for like 9 months.If you are not playing yet its definitely the time to jump now. You don't have to spend money unless you over love your hero and buy costumes <3

hamchan

Can't wait to jump in for the anniversary after taking a break for a couple of months.

Gaz really put in a lot of work and are so open to community feedback. They deserve success.

I used to play this game tons when it was first being released and bought a few packs to get into the betas. After playing for a little things just didn't really click for me it has good ideas and I'm glad to hear that after a year things have finally changed and been fixed. Will gladly jump back in to try a few things out.

Pachimari

I'm huge on Marvel but not much on the whole RPG genre with a asymmetrical viewpoint. How's the battles? Turn-based or real-time? I assume real-time since it's an ARPG? And we can play co-op together online right?

I'm gonna start with Punisher and get DareDevil and Gambit as soon as possible.

KePoW

Banned
I'm huge on Marvel but not much on the whole RPG genre with a asymmetrical viewpoint. How's the battles? Turn-based or real-time? I assume real-time since it's an ARPG? And we can play co-op together online right?

It's basically Diablo gameplay-wise. ARPG real-time

And yes you can definitely party up, same as Diablo

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Black panther is a fucking beast, he's probably my favorite of the current starter options that I've played. (I haven't tried colossus yet, and I hear he's cool too)

Wallach

Black panther is a fucking beast, he's probably my favorite of the current starter options that I've played. (I haven't tried colossus yet, and I hear he's cool too)

Yeah, BP is one of the best melee heroes at the moment. I like his in-game lines, too.

Pachimari

I'm playing it now and just beat Green Goblin and I'm slowly getting addicted.

I just don't know how to use my knives as Black Panther?
I can only punch with my claws and do a circle kick.

TDLink

I'm playing it now and just beat Green Goblin and I'm slowly getting addicted.

I just don't know how to use my knives as Black Panther?
I can only punch with my claws and do a circle kick.

I haven't played Black Panther yet, but you can always review your powers/put more points into them by hitting the "P" key to bring up your Powers Menu. You also have to have the Powers menu open to drag skills to your bar in order to use them.

inky

I haven't played Black Panther yet, but you can always review your powers/put more points into them by hitting the "P" key to bring up your Powers Menu. You also have to have the Powers menu open to drag skills to your bar in order to use them.

You don't need to drag them. Just hover your mouse over the power you want on the Power Menu and press the Hotbar key you want it assigned to =)

Other useful tips: You can cycle between 3 different hotbars with the 1-3 keys, and you can use the function keys (F1-F6) to assign different skills to your Right Mouse and Left Mouse Button slots so you can switch between them on the fly.

Pachimari

I don't understand. It says I have Eternity Splinter [101], shouldn't I be able to buy something at Adam then? His list uses Odin Marks though.

Yup. At least I could drag the medic packs, so now my medic packs fill up 2 spots and I can't remove them. =/

You don't need to drag them. Just hover your mouse over the power you want on the Power Menu and press the Hotbar key you want it assigned to =)

Other useful tips: You can cycle between 3 different hotbars with the 1-3 keys, and you can use the function keys (F1-F6) to assign different skills to your Right Mouse and Left Mouse Button slots so you can switch between them on the fly.
Oh, this comes in very handy. Thank you!

I find it useful to go to marvelbase.com to look at some popular builds before I start playing a character too.
I'll check that out.
But right now, I just wanna go for the street heroes, like Black Panther, Daredevil, Dr. Strange (and Spidey).

I currently don't know how to earn G points as well. Will it take a long while till I can buy new heroes, powers and costumes?

inky

I don't understand. It says I have Eternity Splinter [101], shouldn't I be able to buy something at Adam then? His list uses Odin Marks though.

Adam uses splinters. You should check again. It takes a bit to earn them, but you can (and should only use them) to buy heroes directly. Read the descriptions carefully too, because he sells other things you might not want. Heroes come in 3 different prices: 200, 400 and 600 splinters. Popular ones tend to be more expensive.

Yup. At least I could drag the medic packs, so now my medic packs fill up 2 spots and I can't remove them. =/

You can't drag things out I think... but, just replace it with something you do want on the spot.
I currently don't know how to earn G points as well. Will it take a long while till I can buy new heroes, powers and costumes?

Gs is just money ($1 = 100 Gs), you can't earn them, although you will get some for free (200 I think) but that is more like a coupon. Like I said above, you use splinters to buy heroes. You can cherry pick them at different costs, or try your luck with a random hero box. It's the cheaper option, but obviously the result is random. Beware, you can get a token for a hero you already have this way, but the chances are fairly low early on. Powers you earn from leveling, you don't buy them. And costumes can only be bought with money. They can drop too, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. They are ridiculously rare.

TDLink

Yes, Adam Warlock sells Heroes using Eternity Splinters as currency. 101 Splinters are not enough to buy anyone. Heroes are 200, 400, or 600 depending on the hero. Team ups are 400 or 600. You get an eternity splinter approximately every 8 minutes. You can also get more than 1 Splinter in a single drop, and sometimes events will give you splinters in the daily gift boxes. The first time you beat the story, you will also get a free 100 splinters.

Just open the Powers menu with "P" and drag the med packs off the bar. You can always use Med Packs by hitting the "M" key, so they don't need to be on the bar at all.

G is the real money currency. The game gives you some for free the first time through, but not enough to buy anything. If you open the money-shop with the "X" key, you can purchase more G. Honestly though, you never really need to spend real money in this game. Splinters accumulate fast. By time you are done with your first playthrough you will have enough for another Hero. And then you will quickly get many more, it kind of snowballs.

TDLink

But what is Odin Marks then? Seems like Adam uses that for something as well?

Odin Marks are used for legendary weapons. This week specifically there is a bonus to Odin Marks also. Not something to worry about if you're just starting off. It's the orange currency in your inventory at the bottom left.

KePoW

Banned

You can drag anything off the hotbar if you have your "P" window open.

Odin Marks are used to buy Legendary Items, but you cannot get those until the final Chapter of the story.

Indignate

Really wish that Psylocke was part of the BOGO. I get the reasoning for it, but I would purchase her in a heartbeat if that was the case.

Now I'm just going to wait until a BOGO comes along later in life, if I'm still interested that is.

Wallach

But what is Odin Marks then? Seems like Adam uses that for something as well?

Adam Warlock doesn't accept Odin Marks. Those are gained by doing Legendary Quests (which you'll unlock at level 20), and you can spend them either at the Enchanter (which can be spent to apply Blessings to Artifacts) or at the chapter 9 NPC who sells Legendary items, which are powerful high-end items that require experience to level up to their full power.

RipRamsey

II played the beta like a madman. Having never playing any arpgs besides some torchlight and deathspank I loved this game, but ultimately I just don't like sitting at a desk playing PC games. If this released on consoles I'd fear for my social life and financial stability.

Pachimari

Adam Warlock doesn't accept Odin Marks. Those are gained by doing Legendary Quests (which you'll unlock at level 20), and you can spend them either at the Enchanter (which can be spent to apply Blessings to Artifacts) or at the chapter 9 NPC who sells Legendary items, which are powerful high-end items that require experience to level up to their full power.
But I already earned one Odin Mark and I'm lvl 4.

It's weird. I never liked DC Universe but I like Marvel Heroes so far.

Wallach

Yeah, there is currently an event going on called "Odin's Bounty", and one of the effects is that any boss has a chance to randomly drop Odin Marks. Normally, the only way to acquire them is to complete Legendary Quests.

KePoW

Banned

Sometimes you get Odin Marks doing random stuff, because of a special event going on right now. But usually you won't get them until after level 20.

Drayco21

Played the closed beta as Nova and Deadpool, thought it was just okay- came back a few months after the launch, and found it had been drastically improved, and it's only gotten better every couple weeks since. Gazillion may make a lot of choices I don't agree with, but there's no doubt that the dedication put into making this game better is admirable, and it's turned a mediocre game into one of my most played of the last year.

Currently trying to grind my first hero (Based Space Raccoon) to 60 before they ruin him forever by patching Bendis lines with his 52 review. There's a GAF Supergroup, right? Who do I talk to about joining up? I've been trying to play this as a single-player Ultimate Alliance 3, but after playing the Loki boss on Superheroic once, I'm never going to play one of those raid bosses he was a prototype for solo- it'd be nice to have a group of people way better at the genre to leech of off help.

TDLink

after playing the Loki boss on Superheroic once, I'm never going to play one of those raid bosses he was a prototype for solo- it'd be nice to have a group of people way better at the genre to leech of off help.

I find that a character's ability level in the comics typically reflects in the game in these types of encounters. For example, you have no chance as Rocket Raccoon to solo Loki and Doom (without dying a ton/running back). But as Doctor Strange I was able to go toe to toe with them. It was really challenging, but also some of the most fun I've had.

Jtrizzy

God I played the fuck out of this game and spent a ton of money on it. Probably around 500 hours. My only issue was that it was too easy. It seemed like when I'd try to bring friends on to play we were just destroying everything with such ease that it wasn't fun. If this has been fixed I'd love to know...

I'd solo'd a ton of characters and loved it though. I'll get back in probably when Magneto or someone I want comes out.

Wallach

God I played the fuck out of this game and spent a ton of money on it. Probably around 500 hours. My only issue was that it was too easy. It seemed like when I'd try to bring friends on to play we were just destroying everything with such ease that it wasn't fun. If this has been fixed I'd love to know...

I'd solo'd a ton of characters and loved it though. I'll get back in probably when Magneto or someone I want comes out.

When was the last time you played? Before or after Cosmic terminals?

KePoW

Banned

Like Wallach mentioned, Cosmic terminals are pretty hard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is there no omega system info in the OP Inky? its a big new thing

Indignate

So is there a point where I should just stop picking up items?

Seems like every enemy drops 2-5 of them. I've already done away with the greys and I'm just throwing all the rest into the crafter. Is that what I should be doing with all this stuff? I haven't seen any reason to have money at this point in the game (lvl 15) so directly selling them doesn't seem beneficial.

antonz

So is there a point where I should just stop picking up items?

Seems like every enemy drops 2-5 of them. I've already done away with the greys and I'm just throwing all the rest into the crafter. Is that what I should be doing with all this stuff? I haven't seen any reason to have money at this point in the game (lvl 15) so directly selling them doesn't seem beneficial.

You do want to get your crafter to 20 and enchanter to 20. After they reach that you just sell the stuff for money. Will find lots of uses for money later on

Top Bottom