• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Legacy's "Big Return" Revealed

Silexx

We knew it was gonna happen eventually, but damn if I don't think Logan has no real point in this new post-616 universe. Like, we have Laura and Old Man Logan running around who are (haven't read much All New Wolverine) different takes on the "tortured soul who kills for good" that Wolverine had been doing for 40+ years. Idgaf about Wolverine coming back jeez. Leave the guy dead.

Sorry, I disagree on OML. He's the exact same that the OG Logan in how the writers have interpreted him since bringing him over to the 616 universe. I'll take the original every time, thanks.

Slayven

giphy.gif

Lois wanted Superman, she settled for Clark.

That doesn't plague your mind George?

She pretty much said "Good enough"

jph139

I mean, X-23 and Sam are still around. They're the same characters even if their costumes change.

Yeah, but it's not the same. Sure, Falcon has his own book, but by this time next year that'll be cancelled and he'll just be Steve's black friend again, showing up for a bit part in a story arc every now and then.

Who knows with Laura though, I feel like they haven't ever really had a solid direction for her as a character. Even now. I just like Taylor on the book.

Yeah, but it's not the same. Sure, Falcon has his own book, but by this time next year that'll be cancelled and he'll just be Steve's black friend again, showing up for a bit part in a story arc every now and then.

Who knows with Laura though, I feel like they haven't ever really had a solid direction for her as a character. Even now. I just like Taylor on the book.

Probably because editorial is just screaming "stretch it out until the real one gets back" for a few years.

Then the real one comes back and she's relegated to a side character like every other legacy mantel ever because change is bad you gais.

Sandfox

He was my top guess and who I would've brought back. Jean was a my second guess so things worked out there lol.

All-New Wolverine is Marvel's second best selling female-led title so that's not going anywhere and it looks like Logan may be dealing with some other stuff for the time being, so we'll see what happens with OML.

Damn, everyone but Scott coming back from the dead.

I would expect him to come back soon enough.

Can anyone tell me why comic companies are so adamant about spoiling their own stuff? Or am I misunderstanding these news pieces and they're usually just people getting the issue early and putting the info out? I guess it's to generate hype, but I'd be kind of pissed if I was following this stuff closely.

ev0

Can anyone tell me why comic companies are so adamant about spoiling their own stuff? Or am I misunderstanding these news pieces and they're usually just people getting the issue early and putting the info out? I guess it's to generate hype, but I'd be kind of pissed if I was following this stuff closely.

Marvel for some reason is in love with doing this. (I mean chasing headline is the obv answer)

Glix

The issue drops Wed, so word will get out as the book starts shipping. Better to "control the narrative" I guess.

So how long till Chuck comes back with some weird twist?

Six months?

Welp, someone hasn't been reading Astonishing.

Hype and to get word out since they're probably already in pre-pro on merchandising lines and that's where their money from the comics end comes from.

It boosts pre-orders, which is the primary metric the industry uses to judge the success or failure of a title.

Is Wonder Man back?

Think he popped out of Rogue recently.

Marvel loves to do it. No spoiler has been revealed in a book since Secret Wars.

Sandfox

With comics reveals about stuff like returns build interest along with some market related stuff. Page leaks come out on Monday so Marvel recently decided to just get ahead of it and control the message.

Marvel loves to do it. No spoiler has been revealed in a book since Secret Wars.

The early reveals I can think of are a certain scene in Secret Empire and this.

I tend to avoid most new X-group books tbh.

It any good?
Yes.

They gotta get people hyped to pre-order at the shop.

With comics reveals about stuff like returns build interest along with some market related stuff. Page leaks come out on Monday so Marvel recently decided to just get ahead of it and control the message.

The early reveals I can think of are a certain scene in Secret Empire and this.

Yes.

And all deaths/comas in Civil War II. Doing early reveals doesn't work because comics are ordered months before and shops only have a limited amount.

Elandyll

Banned
Might as well go all in.

Make Jean reset the timeline until right before Mastermind took control of her, redo the whole Dark Phoenix Saga as a Special X-men Event but with an ending where she doesn't die and the X-men don't have to go through 30 years of shit including Madelyne Pryor and alternate future crap, and re publish Uncanny with the sub: The Real X-men are back!

I'd get back on the train for that.

I can’t say I missed him or Old Jean.

Not to mention the shit love triangle.
The love triangle was an animated cartoon crap.
The og comic had Logan with a small crush on Jean, but she never even hinted at reciprocity, and he moved on to Mariko.

Jean/ Scott 4eva (even if imo Scott moving on with Emma made sense with the BS that kept happening)

That article was published the same day the comic released.

Happened really early in the morning then because every other article I found after that one used it as a source since it was directly from Marvel(even though it had leaked beforehand) and added "issue is out later today/tomorrow"

JCG

I am not an ongoing comic reader at this point in time (just catching up on old trades thanks to the crazy Amazon sales), so my opinion is quite tangential, but...this was simultaneously expected yet disappointing.

Guardians is doing a big arc about them right now, and calling them stones as well.

The reason is obvious (they are always trying to confirm to MCU conventions these days) but it's possible in-universe that it was a conscious change by Reed+others when rebuilding, perhaps we'll see if the nature of the gems/stones have changed.

Top Bottom