• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I see! I thought there was only one. I did not try the higher ones.

I just want to be in the top 50 to get the 500 hp points!

I'm on the 35, and now I'm waiting other people to pass me because I'm interested in triple skill Hawkeye, not in a single skill Invisible Girl.

The way as this game manage the progression make it more worthy sometimes to aim to get ** characters that you can max up than getting a **** character that you won't be able to level up.

Dispatch

I'm on the 35, and now I'm waiting other people to pass me because I'm interested in triple skill Hawkeye, not in a single skill Invisible Girl.

The way as this game manage the progression make it more worthy sometimes to aim to get ** characters that you can max up than getting a **** character that you won't be able to level up.

I'm doing the same thing.

Unfortunately, because my alternate Facebook account got banned, I can't link to a new one, so I'm out all that sweet, sweet Iso. :(

NomarTyme

Thx..

5000 points rank 14 with rank 1 @ 7500 points
Hopefully i wont be out of rank 50 tomorrow..

I quit, the grinding is not fun.

I agree. I do not have any useful *** characters(Spiderman,Ragnok and Iron Man Model 40)

Triz

Missed first in the tourney. Got 2nd. While it's nice to get three iron man 40 covers (finally acquiring the missing blue) I needed the red wolverine to open up all his abilities.

Mairu

Someone in my red-ISO bracket is sitting at 10,221 ISO with 15 minutes left.

Wow. I only have 5645. Insane

Too busy with work today and I didn't really enjoy grinding on this last set of missions. I likely will end up outside of the top 100.

Some of these grind-heavy tournaments discourage me from the game - but I'm still playing when I have bits of free time that I don't want to spend playing a more involved game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Too busy with work today and I didn't really enjoy grinding on this last set of missions. I likely will end up outside of the top 100.

Some of these grind-heavy tournaments discourage me from the game - but I'm still playing when I have bits of free time that I don't want to spend playing a more involved game.

I finished in the top 40 and I honestly didn't spend more than 2 hours total on this tournament. I just pumped up my Captain America to about level 40 and then blitzed through the missions. I only have 2 other characters over 30, and those are 31 and 35 or so.

Mairu

I finished in the top 40 and I honestly didn't spend more than 2 hours total on this tournament. I just pumped up my Captain America to about level 40 and then blitzed through the missions. I only have 2 other characters over 30, and those are 31 and 35 or so.

When did you start? Must have been a pretty non-competitive bracket :X

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
NOOOOOOoooooo!

Can't believe I ended up 5th in the last minute, didn't get my points added up, losing up a spot down from 4th place and ended up missing on one of Invisible Woman's powers :(

xG059Rt.jpg

NOOOOOOoooooo!

Can't believe I ended up 5th in the last minute, didn't get my points added up, losing up a spot down from 4th place and ended up missing on one of Invisible Woman's powers :(

There is no way I could have kept grinding into the top 5. I got up to 30 at one point but finished around 85 and got all three Hawkeye powers....which I may or may not get use out of.

A few days ago I asked whether or not Captain America was useful at higher levels. The answer is yes-he becomes a decent damage dealer & can end up repeatedly stunning enemies in a pretty decent blue power cycle.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, I think you make a good point, my bracket wasn't too aggressive. I think I finished with 6k points? 5k? Can't remember.

Dash Kappei

There is no way I could have kept grinding into the top 5. I got up to 30 at one point but finished around 85 and got all three Hawkeye powers....which I may or may not get use out of.

You needed top4 to get all the powers, that's why I was disappointed with 5th place :p
Never used Hawkeye Moder, got 7 or 8 covers but I don't like him. Same with Moonstone (DA Ms Marvel), got 7 covers sitting in my cache but I'm not sure she's worth the 300 coins I'd need to spend to get another character spot, her only useful power seems to be the red (?) one where she moves around blocks for just 5 mana or so.
Is she any good?

I've only played a bit of yesterday and today, came in 5th, sitting on 2400+ ISO-8 at the end. I'd say I've played three or four hours tops in total, so yeah I definitely lucked out since it's pretty obvious mine was a super easy bracket.
I've also haven't played the game at all the last 5 or 6 days, so upon firing up the game I received 18k ISOs and 20+ health kits (got screenshots to prove it) LOL! Loving the Facebook gifting :p

Still haven't spent a dime, I feel kind guilty. In the end tho maybe I'm glad I didn't cause the game is honestly getting kinda boring without proper multiplayer.
I'll still play it every now and then, but nothing like before when I was addicted to it and was just waiting on the right time to drop a tenner on IAPs.

BlackJace

Help me with a decisions guys! keep the Hood or Bulleye? I already have ** Hawkeye.

Hawkeye, Arrow Stab is useful against countdown tile spam. I find the Hood's powers to be too expensive to be worth it.

EDIT: Aaaaand, I failed at reading. Go with bullseye for the reason listed below

Dash Kappei

Help me with a decisions guys! keep the Hood or Bulleye? I already have ** Hawkeye.

Bullseye. When levelled up, his passive purple power is a bitch to face against. You basically can get to a point where you only suffer -1 damage from matches

Is there any reason to hang onto bag man if I have regular SpiderMan?

The only reason to use bag man is to generate a lot of spiderwebs, to use Venom damaging or Spiderman healing powers that depend of the spiderwebs.

I don't have a healing spiderman, but, in theory, a good way to heal damaged characters, to reduce cooldown, should be a combo spiderman, bagman and the character that you want to heal, versus a easy enemy (specially if they are mobs that don't attack each round).

Spoit

Hawkeye, Arrow Stab is useful against countdown tile spam. I find the Hood's powers to be too expensive to be worth it.

EDIT: Aaaaand, I failed at reading. Go with bullseye for the reason listed below

Noooo....Ditch hawkeye and keep the hood for lightning rounds. And bullseye

The only reason to use bag man is to generate a lot of spiderwebs, to use Venom damaging or Spiderman healing powers that depend of the spiderwebs.

I don't have a healing spiderman, but, in theory, a good way to heal damaged characters, to reduce cooldown, should be a combo spiderman, bagman and the character that you want to heal, versus a easy enemy (specially if they are mobs that don't attack each round).

But you can't use Bagman and Spidermun in the same match, right?

BlackJace

HD remix update live for me. UI is much sharper.

Edit: Character models and gems look nice too. And I finally pulled Ragnarok, nice.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
This update added annoying arrows to all of my characters in the training menu. Why did they think that was a good idea?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Enticing you to pay, unfortunately.

Yeah. But those prices are ridiculous, just for one skill slot it's like 6 bucks or something lol

1250 coins to upgrade a skill is dumb. Makes me think they'll raise the slot prices too but that's sort of how they allow people to spend even more money since you could get more characters to spend money on

Hopefully they get rid of it in another update.

I think I'm done with this game, stuck on Daken(54) & Venom(40) and I've beaten every other reward available. I don't do the competitive battles so no chance of upgrading any characters further without paying, which is scandalous.

I'd rather they just sold the game for £10 and allowed you to level up characters just using the ISO.

I think I'm done with this game, stuck on Daken(54) & Venom(40) and I've beaten every other reward available. I don't do the competitive battles so no chance of upgrading any characters further without paying, which is scandalous.

I'd rather they just sold the game for £10 and allowed you to level up characters just using the ISO.

This isn't actually a true statement. I paid $5 during my first week of play so I could unlock more slots, but I haven't paid a cent since. I have 800-900 hero points and 24 slots along with several max level characters. The competitive tourneys regularly drop recruitment cards and you can absolutely pull a high level character out of there. It's rare, but it happens.

hamchan

I don't see why you wouldn't do the competitive battles tbh. It's not like you're facing real people live. It's just the AI using their teams.

I don't see why you wouldn't do the competitive battles tbh. It's not like you're facing real people live. It's just the AI using their teams.

Yeah, that's pretty mystifying. I've been able to find beatable matches at every level of my advancement. It's not like you can play offline anyway, so you might as well go for it.

Scandalous that you've hit a wall after avoiding 50-60% of the actual game?

So I'm heading to Cuba on Friday for a last minute weekend getaway and won't have any internet access.

I know how lame this is, but do the daily updates "reset" if you don't collect them every day? Is there a downside to not getting them each day?

I can't believe I'm asking this.

Hereafter

So I'm heading to Cuba on Friday for a last minute weekend getaway and won't have any internet access.

I know how lame this is, but do the daily updates "reset" if you don't collect them every day? Is there a downside to not getting them each day?

I can't believe I'm asking this.

No downsides, you will be okay.

From the patch notes. "Agents are not penalized for missing a day and progress towards larger rewards will be maintained."

Top Bottom