• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

Team Roster:

Thor (Marvel Now) 75 - 5/4/3
Storm (Classic) 64 - 5/4/4
Wolverine (X-Force) 64 - 3/1
Ironman (Model 35) 37 - 5/4/4
Black Widow (Grey Suit) 32 - 2/2
Ironman (Model 40) 25 - 2/2
Ragnarok (Dark Avenger Thor) 25 - 2 thunderclap
Daken (Dark Avenger Wolverine) 24 - 5/5
Storm (Modern) 23 - 5/4/4
Black Widow (Modern) 22 - 5/5
Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) 22 - 5/5
Hawkeye (Classic) 21 - 5/5
Juggernaut (Classic) 21 - 5/5
Venom (Dark Avenger Spider Man) 15 - 5/5
Hawkeye (Modern) 15 - 4/3/3
Moonstone (Dark Avenger Ms. Marvel) 15 - 1/3
The Hood (Classic) 15 - 1 Twin pistol
Wolverine (Astonishing Xmen) 12 - 2/2/4
Captain America (Modenr) 11- 3/5/3
Black Widow (Original) 8 - 1/1
Bullseye (Dark Avenger Hawkeye) 6 - 1 Muderous Aim

Really only play with Thor Storm and Wolverine Xforce.

Limit

The tournament bar in this game is getting raised so fast. Last week during lightening rounds when my A team was in their level 40s the top 100 ranking players had their characters in 70s. And now as I have managed to level up my A team to 50s range I am seeing teams with characters past level 100.

After experimenting with it the past couple tourneys, I am not a firm believer in "wait until close to the end to join the tourney". I seem to be able to consistently get higher finishes this way

BlackJace

Yo, is today Cascade day or something? I swear I encountered a few that have gone on for a brick.

Also, the pace of the battles seems like it's faster, maybe it's just me though.

So glad I joined this 3 star tournament late. If I had a real bracket I'd be so boned.

I only have 3 3-star heroes, and none of them have been trained at all.

Loki - Black ability (switches enemy protect/strike tiles into yours), almost always worthless
Black Widow - Red ability (pistol, destroys selected tile + 3, like 150ish dmg)
Magneto - Red ability (destroys like 5 random tiles, dmg only, no AP, usually around 80ish dmg).

I'm basically battling exclusively through matches + Magneto's ability. Widow's comes out only if there is a specific tile I want to destroy for some reason, and the only battle that Loki's would have come in handy, the strike tiles that got created got matched instantly by the AI before I even got a turn. Sheesh!

Mairu

So glad I joined this 3 star tournament late. If I had a real bracket I'd be so boned.

I only have 3 3-star heroes, and none of them have been trained at all.

Loki - Black ability (switches enemy protect/strike tiles into yours), almost always worthless
Black Widow - Red ability (pistol, destroys selected tile + 3, like 150ish dmg)
Magneto - Red ability (destroys like 5 random tiles, dmg only, no AP, usually around 80ish dmg).

I'm basically battling exclusively through matches + Magneto's ability. Widow's comes out only if there is a specific tile I want to destroy for some reason, and the only battle that Loki's would have come in handy, the strike tiles that got created got matched instantly by the AI before I even got a turn. Sheesh!

How high do you typically end up when you join these so late? I imagine it's easier to get a higher rank, but more difficult do get the higher tiered progress rewards

How high do you typically end up when you join these so late? I imagine it's easier to get a higher rank, but more difficult do get the higher tiered progress rewards

I have fought about 10 battles, and am almost to the Heroic recruit token (275?) and was sitting just below 50th place last I checked. Not great, but considering my team, I'll take it!

In the tournament where Juggernaut was buffed, I got about 20th place and was in the 800s I think, using similar "start-about-a-day-before-the-end" tactics. I play pretty casually though (most often playing while feeding my daughter a bottle).

Uhhhh I just got 5 rewards for tournaments I completed long in the past (include 100 coins). Just opened the app, it downloaded the update, then I got that stuff. You guys might want to do the same just in case it's an awesome bug or something.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is red iron mans blue or red ability more useful? I trained up the yellow all the way without really caring about the 13 max power thinger

Is red iron mans blue or red ability more useful? I trained up the yellow all the way without really caring about the 13 max power thinger

Red by a million. Blue is too expensive, and if you are using Iron Man with any other blue-ability character, you will never use his blue ability.

davepoobond

Red by a million. Blue is too expensive, and if you are using Iron Man with any other blue-ability character, you will never use his blue ability.

that's what i figured. most of the stuns i have are like 5/9 blue and seem to be a lot more useful to repeatedly use than just the one-off iron man blue.

thanks for the help. i hope i didn't train it without waiting for some advice now lol. don't remember at all.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why is nobody attacking me in the 1-star tournament? I'm in the top 5 and I haven't lost any points yet. It's weird.

Man, in the last 10 minutes of that 3-star tournament I went from 4th to 2nd to 9th to 8th. I was out of health packs and just had to watch where I finished. Happy with a top 10!

Spider-man is an absolute ASSHOLE when you fully upgrade his blue, holy hell. Wraps up EVERYONE.

davepoobond

Man, in the last 10 minutes of that 3-star tournament I went from 4th to 2nd to 9th to 8th. I was out of health packs and just had to watch where I finished. Happy with a top 10!

Spider-man is an absolute ASSHOLE when you fully upgrade his blue, holy hell. Wraps up EVERYONE.

his healing is ridiculous, too.

Yeah, I'm playing the Avengers tournament and hording Blue + Yellow so when I'm down to one enemy left, I web him, try to collect more Blue/Yellow, web him, repeat, web him, repeat, then finally get as much health back as I can with Yellow before killing him with Thor's Red or Green attack.

davepoobond

Yeah, I'm playing the Avengers tournament and hording Blue + Yellow so when I'm down to one enemy left, I web him, try to collect more Blue/Yellow, web him, repeat, web him, repeat, then finally get as much health back as I can with Yellow before killing him with Thor's Red or Green attack.

I was thinking of doing this with the Spider-Man they give you in the prologue but it takes too long since my Spider-Man doesn't have even one yellow unlocked yet. Boo.

Future

Hey, at least you get SO MUCH LESS POINTS!

When I first started playing I was getting like 10 points a win. Now it's in the hundreds, so they must have updated. Almost to 1000 pts already which is sweet. Not sure about the wait 12 hrs to repeat missions . The later missions are truly impossible for me

With this and the 2 other events I'm definitely reaping the rewards of having multiple teams and subs. Using this to grind much needed gold coins and get the more rare covers. Still addicted

When I first started playing I was getting like 10 points a win. Now it's in the hundreds, so they must have updated. Almost to 1000 pts already which is sweet. Not sure about the wait 12 hrs to repeat missions . The later missions are truly impossible for me

With this and the 2 other events I'm definitely reaping the rewards of having multiple teams and subs. Using this to grind much needed gold coins and get the more rare covers. Still addicted

Yeah, the updating every 12 hours is actually a really sweet benefit in the long run. It gives other players time to "catch up" so by the time you get to do a mission again, it's high level again due to the rubber banding. I could potentially get all the point based rewards if I can keep swinging 3-400 per 12 Hour "round".

NineH

Why is nobody attacking me in the 1-star tournament? I'm in the top 5 and I haven't lost any points yet. It's weird.

I'm guessing you have a very high level team and no one wants to waste their energy trying to beat a very strong team. I am in the same boat as I was in the top 3 for a whole day and only recently got bumped down to 6. Hopefully I can get back up there though but it's going to be a grind since those ahead of me have around a 200 point lead.

Sulik2

This heroic venom is infuriating. Why can I not use any of my leveled heroes? Locking all the more common characters out so I am forced to level a wolvie and cap is super annoying.

NineH

Yeah, I was sitting on my Wolverine for days and days and finally I was given the motivation to level him since I only can use the 1 star Iron Man on my team.

Yeah, I was sitting on my Wolverine for days and days and finally I was given the motivation to level him since I only can use the 1 star Iron Man on my team.

I'm resisting the urge to do that and continuing to methodically level up all my characs at the same time and pace. Otherwise I'll just end up high and dry for the next tournament/challenge and will have basically wasted those winnings to just keep leveling a charac that might not be useful for another few weeks.

EDIT: Holy Moly!!! Search is On = 274 points after latest reset WOWWWWW

EDIT EDIT: 1227 after two missions ALL REWARDS GOTTEN YESSSSS.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How exactly do you sell the covers in your roster? I'm capped at 4/4 with 2 reward covers that I rather use.
Tap on Roster in the bottom right corner then tap on the cover you want to sell then tap on the little price tag. I like that you can sell and train covers right from the cache because it used to suck that you had to have an open slot before.

I'm resisting the urge to do that and continuing to methodically level up all my characs at the same time and pace. Otherwise I'll just end up high and dry for the next tournament/challenge and will have basically wasted those winnings to just keep leveling a charac that might not be useful for another few weeks.

EDIT: Holy Moly!!! Search is On = 274 points after latest reset WOWWWWW

EDIT EDIT: 1227 after two missions ALL REWARDS GOTTEN YESSSSS.

Nice. Two wins today got me to 610, but also like 100th place. I am going to need some more roster space for my moonstones and original cover widows....

avcables

Banned
Tap on Roster in the bottom right corner then tap on the cover you want to sell then tap on the little price tag. I like that you can sell and train covers right from the cache because it used to suck that you had to have an open slot before.

This is oddly enough what I had been doing but I guess you can't sell the Storm you get at the beginning?

I wouldn't sell if you can avoid it. Use HP on more slots.

Does HP come often enough in this game that this is a wise move?

Triz

Fuck the last 40 minutes of the tourney forgot to open it 30 minutes prior. Got it up 5 minutes to go and -300 points when I was in first 1 hourly earlier. All the way down to top 250 :(

Mairu

Fuck the last 40 minutes of the tourney forgot to open it 30 minutes prior. Got it up 5 minutes to go and -300 points when I was in first 1 hourly earlier. All the way down to top 250 :(

Shitty :[

I ended up top 25 for the Avengers & top 50 for back to basics. I didn't join the avengers tournament on Saturday and it did seem to be slightly less competitive, but I also wasn't really trying for top 10.

Shitty :[

I ended up top 25 for the Avengers & top 50 for back to basics. I didn't join the avengers tournament on Saturday and it did seem to be slightly less competitive, but I also wasn't really trying for top 10.

I wanted to boost my modern Hawkeye so I tried to position myself in the top 25 before going to bed, hoping I'd get knocked down but not past 50. It worked. Ended up with three Hawkeye covers even though I'll likely never use that character.

Me too. I, too, will probably never use my Hawkeye. Now to get those three Moonstone covers by not doing TOO well in the new tourney.

Top Bottom